Why no mention of Saudi rape victim???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the iron horse said:
We are broken.

There is such a thing as a self-fulfilling prophecy too.

I've heard this statement repeatedly from the Christian Right, and the ironic thing is that it shares this sentiment with postmodernists, whom they tend to rail against. That is, philosophy is so "broken," so why even try?

The thing is, we have no choice, but to continue to try, and even the Bible supports this. Paul's second epistle to the Thessalonians berates those who have quit their jobs, in preparation for the Second Coming.

So, depending on your perspective, our world might be "broken." But it one's equal moral imperative to continue to work for a better world.

melon said:

There is such a thing as a self-fulfilling prophecy too.

I've heard this statement repeatedly from the Christian Right, and the ironic thing is that it shares this sentiment with postmodernists, whom they tend to rail against. That is, philosophy is so "broken," so why even try?

The thing is, we have no choice, but to continue to try, and even the Bible supports this. Paul's second epistle to the Thessalonians berates those who have quit their jobs, in preparation for the Second Coming.

So, depending on your perspective, our world might be "broken." But it one's equal moral imperative to continue to work for a better world.

Excellent! :up:
and as much as I feel a pardon is insulting..
Change has to begin in order to flourish...
I hope this a good start.

Back
Top Bottom