Why must we show restraint to our enemies. - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-11-2006, 11:38 AM   #61
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24

Sorry they follow the Koran not the Bible. So there interpretation of do unto others is exactly what they did.
I'd be careful about generalizing religion in such a way. Just because a man uses the Bible to support killing an abortion doctor doesn't mean he's justified.

Old 07-11-2006, 11:46 AM   #62
Refugee

Local Time: 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

Fucking scary when someone suggest we pull a 9/ 11 attack(and then some) and this is the response he gets.

Who knew supporting terrorism was so cool?
Nice rhetoric BVS but you should know by now that I'm not a terrorist supporter. I'd like to say that I support freedom and the right to fight back against terrorism. What do you think Israel is doing now in the Gaza strip? handing out candy cane??...NO....we're pounding the hell out of them, that's what we're doing - we're talking their own language.

Old 07-11-2006, 11:50 AM   #63
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by AchtungBono

Nice rhetoric BVS but you should know by now that I'm not a terrorist supporter.
I'm sorry but when you support a 9/11 attack one that targets civilians and innocents, which is exactly what the poster you quoted was supporting.

Then you support terrorism.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:53 AM   #64
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:56 PM
Religion is the greatest weapon for anyone. These men proved so by killing these innocent soldiers for what some other soldiers did or are they doing in the name of Allah to drive the infedels out of the middle east.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:55 AM   #65
Refugee

Quote:

I'm sorry but when you support a 9/11 attack one that targets civilians and innocents, which is exactly what the poster you quoted was supporting.

Then you support terrorism.
I supported the point of fighting fire with fire against TERRORISTS....I said nothing about fighting and killing innocent people - which I wholeheartedly condemm.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:55 AM   #66
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

terrorism.
What do you consider terrorism? The beheading of innocent soldiers. The rape of a woman and murders of her family. Driving planes into buildings. bombing subways and double decker buses. The gaza strip invasion. The spanish conquest. The US becoming a country and killing innocent indians, etc.....
Old 07-11-2006, 11:57 AM   #67
Refugee

Location: I live in colombia, with a box of watercolors and butterflies in my tummy
Local Time: 12:56 AM
reading some of these posts makes me think how easy is to talk when violence is not a permanent situation in your country.

"fight fire with fire" "let's not show any mercy", I've heard that many times here in my own country and that has lead us to nothing but more poverty, more fear, and above all, more indiference. I do think that the terrorist deserve to be punished but I think that we, as the people who look for a better world, should show them that their methods are wrong, that we believe in human dignity. Doing the same things as them just will prove that there's no way to improve things...
Old 07-11-2006, 12:00 PM   #68
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

I supported the point of fighting fire with fire against TERRORISTS....I said nothing about fighting and killing innocent people - which I wholeheartedly condemm.
Well then you should be careful about fully supporting other people's posts, because that was exactly what he was supporting.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:01 PM   #69
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Muggsy
reading some of these posts makes me think how easy is to talk when violence is not a permanent situation in your country.

"fight fire with fire" "let's not show any mercy", I've heard that many times here in my own country and that has lead us to nothing but more poverty, more fear, and above all, more indiference. I do think that the terrorist deserve to be punished but I think that we, as the people who look for a better world, should show them that their methods are wrong, that we believe in human dignity. Doing the same things as them just will prove that there's no way to improve things...
Unfortunately, violence IS a permanent situation in my country and my hometown of Ashdod is now within range of the Hamas rockets that have been hitting the towns of Sderot and Ashkelon.

Terrorism is a cancer that has to be cut out at the root by any means necessary.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:02 PM   #70
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Muggsy

You in Colombia if I am not mistaken. How bad is the drug situation there. Do the Cartels have much political influence? There are more people than cartels. Why not rise up against that.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:02 PM   #71
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24

What do you consider terrorism?
Quote:
The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:02 PM   #72
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest

We do not "stoop" to their level. A small group of soldiers did when they raped that poor girl and killed her family. That small group of soldiers should be executed as soon as they are convicted, so that the world will know that this is how the US handles terrorists from any country.

you are aware that it is the official policy of the US (thanks to Rumsfeld and Cheney) to use "coercive interrogation techniques" such as waterboarding that are specifically forbidden by the Geneva Conventions?

what was once a difference between us and the terrorist is now a difference of degree.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:04 PM   #73
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Nice rhetoric BVS but you should know by now that I'm not a terrorist supporter. I'd like to say that I support freedom and the right to fight back against terrorism. What do you think Israel is doing now in the Gaza strip? handing out candy cane??...NO....we're pounding the hell out of them, that's what we're doing - we're talking their own language.

and where has this gotten you and your country? do you feel safe?
Old 07-11-2006, 12:04 PM   #74
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

you are aware that it is the official policy of the US (thanks to Rumsfeld and Cheney) to use "coercive interrogation techniques" such as waterboarding that are specifically forbidden by the Geneva Conventions?

what was once a difference between us and the terrorist is now a difference of degree.
What is "waterboarding"?
Old 07-11-2006, 12:04 PM   #75
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

Geneva Convention
The Geneva Convention is a joke now. Like the UN it's worthless. I don't see them doing much on the atrocities in Africa and the middle east and asia, with there own little wars going on.