Why must we show restraint to our enemies. - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-11-2006, 10:07 AM   #31
Refugee

Local Time: 08:03 PM
what do you think is the solution to terrorism then?

slapping them on the wrist and saying "now, now, thats not nice. now wer're gonna have to take you and try you as a U.S citizen in U.S courts."

Old 07-11-2006, 10:22 AM   #32
Refugee

Local Time: 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by JMScoopy

slapping them on the wrist and saying "now, now, thats not nice. now wer're gonna have to take you and try you as a U.S citizen in U.S courts."

If we knew that answer, we would not be here.

Terrorism is not a new thing...it has always been around...and i think anyone who wants to find out what can be done...we will need to take a good long hard look at ourselves.

As Bono was quoted himself as saying "Do not become a monster to defeat a monster!"

Old 07-11-2006, 10:28 AM   #33
Refugee

at least my idea is a helluva lot better than sitting around bashing bush, the military, and the war all day.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:29 AM   #34
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:03 PM
Quote:
I think the solution would be to work towards eliminating the issues that breed the terrorism. Have the Mulsim religious leaders who do not support this type of violence to engage in talks and encourage speaking out against the silence or support. Take steps against eliminating the poverty that acts as a breeding ground for recruitment.

Quote:

I love your Rush approach to logic...
Old 07-11-2006, 10:31 AM   #35
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
at least my idea is a helluva lot better than sitting around bashing bush, the military, and the war all day.
Well I'm glad you're not anywhere near the age requirement for presidency anytime soon.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:38 AM   #36
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

I'd like to live under the notion that all men CAN be redeemed, if they will is another story, but without that notion we might as well just kill them all.
These aren't men. They're animals - no, they're worse than animals. They're monsters. They cut off people's heads, they kill children. They don't want to be redeemed, and they won't be.

For the record, I think the same thing about the soldiers who participated in the rape and the related murders.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:42 AM   #37
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest

These aren't men. They're animals - no, they're worse than animals. They're monsters. They cut off people's heads, they kill children. They don't want to be redeemed, and they won't be.

And you think they were born this way? They have children, relatives, etc that aren't this way yet. But could easily be turned into monsters when they see everyone stooping the this level.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:54 AM   #38
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Kieran McConville
I've got a better question, Justin 24: why must I show restraint toward you?
Who says you have to.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:55 AM   #39
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

And you think they were born this way? They have children, relatives, etc that aren't this way yet. But could easily be turned into monsters when they see everyone stooping the this level.
whoooooooowww you called humans monsters. I thought there was no such thing. But These men who raped the family and the men who cut off the soldiers heads and had nothing to do with the rape are monsters.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:56 AM   #40
The Fly

Local Time: 01:03 AM
Quote:
that is the true solution to terrorism, but that wouldnt be politically correct. the problem is the US is afraid to do what needs done. In WWII there was no restraint, no hesitation to achieve total surrender. and the sad thing is back then the people supported the government and military, they didnt bitch and moan about every little incident that happened like they do today.
Not even remotely true. Did the allied powers behead anyone? Did they use gas chambers? Did they use suicide bombers? Nazi-Germany and Japan did.

You sound as if 'humane treatment' means that terrorists get a room at the Hilton. They are hunted and quite often maimed or killed. What the hell more do you want? Killing their families? Since very few terrorists are known by name how would you do that? Retaliatory, arbitrary murders of civilians? The Nazis did that all over Europe for 6 years and I hope that you are not advocating that we take up their methods and their particularly charming brand of insanity. Then comparing Bush to Hitler would suddenly be chillingly accurate.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:56 AM   #41
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

It doesn't matter to me me whether they're born that way or not. No one forced them to do these things; they choose to do the things they do.

We do not "stoop" to their level. A small group of soldiers did when they raped that poor girl and killed her family. That small group of soldiers should be executed as soon as they are convicted, so that the world will know that this is how the US handles terrorists from any country.

Admittedly, there have also been other incidents that were wrong, also.

But the vast majority of US soldiers over there do not commit inhumane acts.

As for their family that could be "turned into monsters", what do you suggest we do to deter that?
Old 07-11-2006, 10:59 AM   #42
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

Yes hatred. When you start talking about "and then some" and killing their children, it's just pure hate.

These terrorist show hate by killing innocent children also, woman and men.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:00 AM   #43
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24

whoooooooowww you called humans monsters. I thought there was no such thing. But These men who raped the family and the men who cut off the soldiers heads and had nothing to do with the rape are monsters.
What? I never said any of this. I think you are infering far too much.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:03 AM   #44
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24

These terrorist show hate by killing innocent children also, woman and men.
Um, yes I know that.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:06 AM   #45
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Here is a question, for those of you who are posting here, have you seen the video I posted in this link?? Or do you only watch those slide shows of what are bombs have done to insurgents or the accidently maiming of our bombs. People in the military try to avoid civilian casualties. We don't purposly drive our trucks and tanks next to a crowd of people and blow them up for no reason. You post how we kill many innocents, when in reality it's the insurgents who are doing the most killing in the civilian population.