Why must we show restraint to our enemies. - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-11-2006, 05:16 AM   #16
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24

And to answer your Question BVS. We have soldiers in the military (intelligence) to do that,
We do not have men in our military that are employed to break the laws of war, as much as Rumsfeld and so many on the right may find that hard to believe.

Old 07-11-2006, 05:21 AM   #17
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest

The way we treat the terrorists, whether humanely or inhumanely, has no effect whatsoever on them.
I'd like to live under the notion that all men CAN be redeemed, if they will is another story, but without that notion we might as well just kill them all.

Old 07-11-2006, 05:31 AM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 10:51 AM
I've got a better question, Justin 24: why must I show restraint toward you?
Old 07-11-2006, 06:09 AM   #19
Refugee

Local Time: 12:51 AM
There is no greater joy in my heart than seeing an arch-terrorist get exactly what he deserved . I shed no tears for Zarqawi or for any of the terrorists that we've killed in our strikes in Gaza - they live by the sword and they'll die by the sword.

However, I don't believe that it is right to mutilate bodies. That is already OVERKILL (no pun intended). To me, it is satisfying enough to know that their blight has been removed from the earth. I don't need to satisfy any blood lust by having their bodies mutilated.

..........with the exception of Osama Bin Laden of course.....when he's captured I'd like him to be skinned alive, boiled in oil, torn limb from limb, dipped in sulphuric acid, his fingernails torn out with a rusty plier, buried alive in a box with venemous snakes and then killed.......maybe.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:39 AM   #20
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by AchtungBono
There is no greater joy in my heart than seeing an arch-terrorist get exactly what he deserved . I shed no tears for Zarqawi or for any of the terrorists that we've killed in our strikes in Gaza - they live by the sword and they'll die by the sword.

However, I don't believe that it is right to mutilate bodies. That is already OVERKILL (no pun intended). To me, it is satisfying enough to know that their blight has been removed from the earth. I don't need to satisfy any blood lust by having their bodies mutilated.

..........with the exception of Osama Bin Laden of course.....when he's captured I'd like him to be skinned alive, boiled in oil, torn limb from limb, dipped in sulphuric acid, his fingernails torn out with a rusty plier, buried alive in a box with venemous snakes and then killed.......maybe.
Yes, my faith in humanity is restored.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:16 AM   #21
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

Yes, my faith in humanity is restored.
Funny, reading the posts in this thread has more or less made me lose mine.

I cannot rejoice in the death of a fellow human being and it chills me to the core to read that some people here apparently condone or advocate cruelty, torture and barbarism.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:16 AM   #22
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest

The way we treat the terrorists, whether humanely or inhumanely, has no effect whatsoever on them. Their goal is to kill as many as they can.
I completely disagree with this notion. Maybe the hardcore, bloodthirsty terrorists aren't going to be swayed by humane treatment, but the less devoted? For sure. Let's do a simple comparison. If a country has been occupied by a foreign army, I think it is pretty safe to assume that if that foreign army is seen to commit atrocities and treat the people (even the criminals) of the occupied country with contempt and disrespect, that will sway more people towards the cause of the "resistance", while if the foreign army treats the people with compassion and mercy, they will create goodwill within the society and violent elements will become an isolated, insignificant minority.

And at the end of the day, no matter what crimes a person has committed, they are nonetheless a human, worthy of being treated as a human. Just because their wrongs are more heinous to you than the wrongs of another (and we've all done wrong in our lives) does not justify treating them in a heinous manner.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-11-2006, 08:17 AM   #23
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by silja

Funny, reading the posts in this thread has more or less made me lose mine.
I'm not sure if you noticted the , usually means my comment comes with sarcasm.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:32 AM   #24
The Fly

I did and I didn't try to target you I was refering to earlier posts.

I just don't feel like being sarcastic about this myself.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:35 AM   #25
Refugee

Local Time: 07:51 PM
im sure if the military said from now on if you are a terrorist, insurgent, etc and we capture you, we are going to torture and murder you and then find all your family members and then torture and kill them. that would be a better deterrent from terrorism then say, "humane treatment."

that is the true solution to terrorism, but that wouldnt be politically correct. the problem is the US is afraid to do what needs done. In WWII there was no restraint, no hesitation to achieve total surrender. and the sad thing is back then the people supported the government and military, they didnt bitch and moan about every little incident that happened like they do today.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:41 AM   #26
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by JMScoopy
im sure if the military said from now on if you are a terrorist, insurgent, etc and we capture you, we are going to torture and murder you and then find all your family members and then torture and kill them. that would be a better deterrent from terrorism, probably more so than "humane treatment."

that is the true solution to terrorism, but that wouldnt be politically correct.
It would be great for recruitment...that's for sure.

Tracking down innocents, what a truly worthless post.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:50 AM   #27
Refugee

Quote:

Tracking down innocents, what a truly worthless post.
what was 9/11?

i say fight fire with fire. do to them what they do to us, and then some. you cant beat an enemy of this type by humane treatment and worrying about what other countries think.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:52 AM   #28
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

what was 9/11?

i say fight fire with fire. do to them what they do to us, and then some. you cant beat an enemy of this type by humane treatment and worrying about what other countries think.
Why not just nuke the whole Middle East?

Your hatred is sickening.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:54 AM   #29
Refugee

Quote:

Why not just nuke the whole Middle East?

well, that would work too i guess, but we'd have to go in and take all the oil first.

my hatred? i dont remember saying anything about hating anything. i just presented an idea from the opposite side. i just think that is what needs done to defeat terrorism, not humane treatment, not worrying about the terrorist's feelings, not worrying about what anyone thinks about it. you cant beat terrorism by being nice to them.

if we started kicking ass and say you mess with us, we're gonna mess with you. you wanna cut peoples heads off, we're gonna cut some. you wanna be a terrorist? ok, we'll exterminate you and your entire family. then maybe they wouldnt be so quick to do 9/11 again.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:04 AM   #30
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

my hatred? i just presented an idea from the opposite side. i just think that is what needs done to defeat terrorism, not humane treatment, not worrying about the terrorist's feelings, not worrying about what anyone thinks about it. you cant beat terrorism by being nice to them.
Yes hatred. When you start talking about "and then some" and killing their children, it's just pure hate.

You're basically just feeding the monster so it's get bigger. Because then they can say, "See the West is the horrible monster we've been telling you about." Then it won't be just the Middle East we have to worry about. And you'll never have the man power to chase every new recruit.