Why must we show restraint to our enemies. - Page 16 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-12-2006, 05:49 PM   #226
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24
I am Catholic and I have been reading this book "A History of God" I sometimes wonder to myself why is it when I pray deeply no one is there to answer me. I even asked my self and this may sound retarded, but I think I am Atheist now towards my Religon, but not to god. I think god only answer the real needy people. I even think God has given up on us and our ways of treating each other, and thats why we seek revenge and kill with out judgement from God himself. In the bible God seems to punish the wicked, but We have taken that role now.
Is it really that God isn't there to answer you? Maybe he has answered, but you don't know what he answered. Or maybe he answered with a different answer than you expected? Or maybe he hasn't yet, because it's not time to answer yet. There are so many possibilities here.

Old 07-12-2006, 07:28 PM   #227
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 02:11 PM
Quote:

Doing better is not an option in this world.
That's the biggest load of bullshit I've ever heard. If that were true, then Martin Luther King Jr. wouldn't have made a stand on segregation. No one would've stood up to the Nazis. I could go on for ages.

I simply cannot believe that you're seriously trying to put forth that because we [may not] be able to beat them, that we should simply join them and become barbarians ourselves. It's absolutely disgusting.

And for once, I actually agree with 80s. Just because you didn't hear the answer you wanted doesn't mean you didn't get an answer. Or perhaps you shouldn't be expecting clear direct answers to your prayers in the first place.

Wait, let me say that I again. I actually agree with 80s last post.

Old 07-12-2006, 07:39 PM   #228
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Diemen

That's the biggest load of bullshit I've ever heard. If that were true, then Martin Luther King Jr. wouldn't have made a stand on segregation. No one would've stood up to the Nazis. I could go on for ages.

Wait, let me say that I again. I actually agree with 80s last post.

We still have Racism in this world. Ne-Nazi's, Skin Heads. There is still segregation among the Race of people. Did you ever attend public school? Latino's do not want to mix with african americans,etc......

Has God spoken to you?
Old 07-12-2006, 07:50 PM   #229
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Justin, you're being quite the pessimist of late. Do you honestly think the world doesn't change?

We will never eliminate, just deminish...
Old 07-12-2006, 09:35 PM   #230
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:

We still have Racism in this world. Ne-Nazi's, Skin Heads. There is still segregation among the Race of people. Did you ever attend public school? Latino's do not want to mix with african americans,etc......

Has God spoken to you?
We will always have problems in this world. To suggest otherwise is naive. But are you saying that since there is still some racism and pro-segregation thought in the world, Martin Luther King, Nelson Mandela and countless others simply shouldn't have taken a stand? That since there are still Nazi/NeoNazi groups and brutal dictatorships in the world that those who resisted shouldn't have done so? Complete success or don't even bother?

Yes, I attended public school. I saw plenty of mixing of ethnic groups. I'm white, and I had (and have) friends from a whole mix of ethnic and racial backgrounds. Were there those who preferred not to mix with other groups? Sure. But I'd hardly say your statement that Latinos "do not want to mix with african americans" is an accurate representation of the country. Maybe at your school and in certain areas of the country, but it's a poor stereotype at best.

The alternatives you're presenting are really troubling, Justin. Either we don't bother trying for better and let the evil roll right over us, or we simply cease trying to be better altogether and become just as evil as that which we're trying to defeat? Do you realize what you're suggesting?
Old 07-13-2006, 12:03 AM   #231
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

yes I do see what I am saying. What I mean to say is that sometimes it feels like we shouldn't put to much in hope. But there have been people, some of who you have mentioned.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:06 AM   #232
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

Has God spoken to you?
He has spoken to me. I received direct communication from him or one of his angels that saved my life in a certain situation.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:06 PM   #233
Blue Crack Supplier

[q]"Humane treatment of insurgent captives should extend far beyond compliance with Article 3, if for no other reason than to render them more susceptible to interrogation. The insurgent is trained to expect brutal treatment upon capture. If, contrary to what he has been led to believe, this mistreatment is not forthcoming, he is apt to become psychologically softened for interrogation. Furthermore, brutality by either capturing troops or friendly interrogators will reduce defections and serve as grist for the insurgent's propaganda mill," - from the Army Field Manual 34-52.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/intell...2/chapter9.htm

[/q]

just sayin', is all ....
Old 07-13-2006, 12:26 PM   #234
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511
[q]"Humane treatment of insurgent captives should extend far beyond compliance with Article 3, if for no other reason than to render them more susceptible to interrogation. The insurgent is trained to expect brutal treatment upon capture. If, contrary to what he has been led to believe, this mistreatment is not forthcoming, he is apt to become psychologically softened for interrogation. Furthermore, brutality by either capturing troops or friendly interrogators will reduce defections and serve as grist for the insurgent's propaganda mill," - from the Army Field Manual 34-52.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/intell...2/chapter9.htm

[/q]

just sayin', is all ....

great post! That was a good bit o' research
Old 07-13-2006, 02:08 PM   #235
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:11 PM
Quote:

So never speak out against racism or any other evil, just because it exists? That's disturbing.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:23 PM   #236
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

You know there is always a double standard. A white person speaks out against a group or a person that may be of a different nationality and boom he/she is racist. An African american says something about latinos, calling them spicks, wetbacks etc.. I never hear them being called racist. speaking out against racism has it's problems. You tell the 50 that there was a murder(Evil) and you better hope you don't get shot.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:39 PM   #237
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
You know there is always a double standard. A white person speaks out against a group or a person that may be of a different nationality and boom he/she is racist. An African american says something about latinos, calling them spicks, wetbacks etc.. I never hear them being called racist. speaking out against racism has it's problems.
Racism is racism, I've never heard anyone use slurs like that and not get called out on it.

Quote:

You tell the 50 that there was a murder(Evil) and you better hope you don't get shot.
I have no clue what this means...

But we're getting way off topic.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:41 PM   #238
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I agree, let's get back on topic