Why Is Gay Marriage Wrong? - Page 20 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-16-2008, 08:37 PM   #286
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
What I found in the 7 plus years of discussing issues here is that no matter how personal the issue is to someone's heart, the person that loses is the one who resorts to name calling.
No. You do not get to set the rules here. If you resort to ignoring facts, ignoring reality, and resorting to bigoted stereotypes, then you lose--every time.

Quote:
If the truth were known you would realize that *you* know a lot less about me than you may think, and if you want to label me as a bigot and a troll, because I say that I'm against Gay Marriage, but for Gay Matramonial Unions,either Secular or Holy, that would be to your own consternation.
Ah yes...we're supposed to believe that the man who constantly depicts homosexuality as something "unnatural," more or less, is really secretly a good person.

Here's a thought:

How about constructing a coherent sentence that reflects that, rather than leaving us to just "trust" your word? Right now? I have zero reason to believe that you're nothing more than a misinformed, albeit good natured, bigot. And that's unfortunate, really, because there are certainly moments where you can post a thought-provoking thread, such as your contributions to threads regarding NDEs and even some of your comments in the "demon possession" thread. There's moments when I think that we are so faraway, yet so close when it comes to our respective approaches to religion.

Maybe some here will think that I'm being harsh on you. Consider it, instead, as my contribution to you "thinking outside the box."

Quote:
You also seem to have a subconscious dysfuntional emotional attachment with Catholism that rears its occassional ugly head for whatever reason, but that is not for me to speculate on nor judge you on.
Again, to take a page from Allan Bloom and conservative political philosophy, it is noted that it is often the Marxist response to take a look at classical philosophy and automatically dismiss it as "patriarchal" or "autocratic." The thing is, these labels are not contested. Indeed, it is noted that all philosophy, prior to the late 18th century or so, will be one or the other, if not both, but that does not mean that certain truths cannot be derived from classical philosophy.

I take the same approach with Catholicism. Very few worldly entities are entirely good or entirely bad. It is up to reason, logic, and philosophy to determine what is of value and what is harmful. I can find numerous qualities in the Catholic Church--and any church or religious sect, for that matter--that has doctrines that are of positive value and negative harm.

Regardless, I do not see how your comment here has any relevance, short of you disliking my nuanced approach to religion.

Old 04-16-2008, 08:46 PM   #287
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Why's that, do animal right's supercede human rights?
If you are to argue that man and animal are capable of marriage, then it must be argued simultaneously that both are of equal rights, value, and culpability.

Since an animal cannot consent, by nature, such a proposition is always the equivalent of rape.

Quote:
NOW I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT:

I'm leaving FYM for a predetermined time on my own volition.
I've stimulated enough expansive thought for the time being, carry on I shall return in due course on my own recognizance.
It isn't fun anymore when you have to confront reality, I guess? Goodbye.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:43 PM   #288
Refugee

Local Time: 11:45 PM
I think gay marriage should be limited to women only.

I also think a women can have a husband and wife at the same time. That way, a man and two women can...honeymoon...three...

OK...just having guy's dream.

Please don't hate me. Embrace.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:50 PM   #289
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:45 PM

Why is it when I leave threads the post averages take a tumble like a bad day on Wall Street?

That said on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the maddest, how mad are some of you at me?

Is it safe to have a coherent dialouge with you or are some of you still unfocused with your anger?

Should I take cover for a while longer until we all can come to the table and reason together?

<>

Old 04-17-2008, 06:25 PM   #290
Blue Crack Supplier

Old 04-17-2008, 07:40 PM   #291
She's the One

Local Time: 07:45 PM
Quote:

Should I take cover for a while longer until we all can come to the table and reason together?

You don't reason. You throw out offensive and homophobic statements and then run for cover when you piss people off.

You hide behind your church and your "humor" to deflect any criticism of your bigoted positions.
Old 04-18-2008, 07:45 AM   #292
Blue Crack Addict

So the predetermined time is already over?
Old 04-18-2008, 09:51 AM   #293
ONE
love, blood, life

The time is not right my love.

<>
Old 04-18-2008, 10:06 AM   #294
Blue Crack Addict

Instead of your glib comments and leave taking that really wasn't perhaps you should try to make amends to those you most definitely appear to have offended here, and think about what they said and what others said. And think about the "rationale" behind your arguments.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:42 AM   #295
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
Instead of your glib comments and leave taking that really wasn't perhaps you should try to make amends to those you most definitely appear to have offended here, and think about what they said and what others said. And think about the "rationale" behind your arguments.
I will thru sound reasoning at the right time when cooler heads prevail.

And the others should follow your heed likewise as well.

<>
Old 04-18-2008, 11:02 AM   #296
She's the One

Quote:

I will thru sound reasoning at the right time when cooler heads prevail.

HA!

You haven't yet. Why start now.
Old 04-18-2008, 01:54 PM   #297
ONE
love, blood, life

I've been the most even keeled, level headed unemotional person thru out this thread.

<>
Old 04-18-2008, 01:58 PM   #298
She's the One

Quote:

NOW I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT:

I'm leaving FYM for a predetermined time on my own volition.
I've stimulated enough expansive thought for the time being, carry on I shall return in due course on my own recognizance.

Good bye friend and foes, I bid you adeau for a season.

Old 04-18-2008, 03:00 PM   #299
ONE
love, blood, life

I asked you guys to carry on in my absence and I since I've been away all I hear are crickets chirpping.

<>
Old 04-18-2008, 03:25 PM   #300
She's the One

Take the hint.