Why Iran? - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-05-2007, 03:16 PM   #76
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by INDY500
And it appears they have let him, and us, down again.
The intelligence has never mattered to them at all.

Old 12-05-2007, 03:21 PM   #77
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by anitram

If you were the intelligence guys, would you want to take the fall for these idiots a second time?

i'm just amazed that someone outwitted Cheney and didn't wind up stamping passports in Djibouti. good for them.

Old 12-05-2007, 03:42 PM   #78
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

i'm just amazed that someone outwitted Cheney and didn't wind up stamping passports in Djibouti. good for them.
I bet whoever it was is sleeping with a .44 close at hand.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:45 PM   #79
Blue Crack Addict

Nobody cares about Cheney anymore because at this point reality is starting to hit close to home and they're looking forward to November. It's self-sufficiency that's the driving force now.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:35 PM   #80
Refugee

Local Time: 10:35 AM
And the one thing I really don't get is how people could support war hawks like Giuliani or Fred Thompson. Do they really want 4 more years of this same war bullshit?

Does anyone even remember how Giuliani said that he wouldn't mind NUKING Iran in order to to stop their nuclear weapons program???

Oh yea, nuke Iran, kill 200,000 people of a country that can do us no harm.

Why should we use the lives of our soldiers, use hard earned hundreds of billions of dollars, go into trillions of dollars in debt to kill and attack people in a country that has no capability of attacking us????????

Anyone who says that we need to do that in order to defend Israel deserves to go to a mental institution. ISRAEL HAS HUNDREDS OF NUCLEAR WEAPONS, THEY DON'T NEED OUR HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK BUSH FOR SPENDING MY HARD EARNED MONEY TO BUILD AN EMPIRE IN THE MIDDLE EAST.

Old 12-05-2007, 04:51 PM   #81
Blue Crack Addict

And you people think I'm upset.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:51 PM   #82
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by anitram
Nobody cares about Cheney anymore because at this point reality is starting to hit close to home and they're looking forward to November. It's self-sufficiency that's the driving force now.

weirdly, i think this actually has something to do with the Democrats, and by extension, the country.

it really was the mid-term elections in 2006 that have started to right what's been so wrong about the past 7 years. if the Dems hadn't won back so many seats, then Rumsfeld would still be SecDef today. Condi now has more sway and has argued, since the beginning, for diplomatic action (and not military action) against Tehran. Cheney has been pushed to the margins, and will continue to be further marginalized.

so, ever so slowly, things are getting better.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:52 PM   #83
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Infinitum98

I hope Bush goes down as the most evil dictator in history of civilization.
Maybe you should re-think what you are hoping here - though I'm sure that wasn't meant entirely seriously.
Quote:
Osama bin Laden, if you're reading this, please know that most of us are sane people so don't attack us please, most of us are not evil like the monkey in the White House.

Osama Bin Laden or any other of those doesn't care the least bit who is actually running any Western country.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:53 PM   #84
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 11:35 AM
I just love that we're in major debt because of this, and that my generation, as well as future ones, are going to be paying for this crap mess we're in. Thank you, Bush administration! Couldn't use that money for anything WORTHWHILE, could you?

Quote:
Originally posted by kellyahern
They did the same thing with Iraq and the WMD. What they don't seem to realize is that by crying wolf over these two issues, how are we supposed to believe them when a real threat comes along? If Iran does ever get close to being an imminent threat, what is Bush supposed to say? "Wait, I really mean it this time."
Exactamundo. And to melon's post, too.

Angela
Old 12-05-2007, 05:00 PM   #85
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Vincent Vega
[B]

Maybe you should re-think what you are hoping here - though I'm sure that wasn't meant entirely seriously.

Osama Bin Laden or any other of those doesn't care the least bit who is actually running any Western country.
No, I really hope it. What i'm afraid of is people in the future not realizing how bad Bush is. And it happens a lot, once a President leaves office, people start to forget about the negatives of the President. I hope that doesn't happen with Bush. The worst thing would be that people will actually respect him in the future like we respect, say, Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, etc.

And yes, Osama bin Laden does care. It is the policies of our country which drove al-Qaeda to attack us. It is the Bush policy of policing the world and attacking/occupying Iraq which is a reason for another attack. So if we get a guy running our country who is willing to mind their own business and pull out of Iraq, not threaten Iran and mind our own business with Israel/Palestine, we will be less prone to attack.
Old 12-05-2007, 05:03 PM   #86
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC
And you people think I'm upset.
Amen to everything you said in all your posts in this thread. This situation is just getting ridiculous. Really, how can anyone support this clown? Really??? I just don't understand.
Old 12-05-2007, 05:15 PM   #87
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

No, I really hope it. What i'm afraid of is people in the future not realizing how bad Bush is. And it happens a lot, once a President leaves office, people start to forget about the negatives of the President. I hope that doesn't happen with Bush. The worst thing would be that people will actually respect him in the future like we respect, say, Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, etc.
While I would say the guy is certainly doing his best to get the "Worst President in History" title, "Most evil dictator" is pretty much locked up by some German dude.
Old 12-05-2007, 05:17 PM   #88
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Amen to everything you said in all your posts in this thread. This situation is just getting ridiculous. Really, how can anyone support this clown? Really??? I just don't understand.
I really think there may be something physically wrong with the brains of people who insist that Bush is doing a great job.

I'm not kidding.

Constantly, blindly supporting a proven idiot, pathological liar and criminal has got to be associated with some kind of mental flaw.
Old 12-05-2007, 05:53 PM   #89
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:35 PM
As much as Bush might be an idiot, and as sad as it is that he will get off of what he has done that easily, no, he didn't slaughter millions of people brutally, installed "killing fields", or did anything nearly that awful.
Guantanamo, the torture employed or the wars waged are far from making him the "worst dictator ever", and I'm sure you don't want him to go that far only to appoint him that title.

Worst American President might fit, but dictator really is far off.

You really think Al Quaeda started this whole crap because the guy in power was Bush?
They would have attacked on 9/11 even if it was Gore. Bush is doing a good job recruiting new terrorists for Al Quaeda, but it's not Bush why they have attacked, or might attack again. It's the Western way of living and their insane vision of having the world under their powers that's giving them wet dreams.
You can do what you want, Al Quaeda will always justify their massacres.

But you need an administration that is really trying to do something about it, not driving more people into joining that organisation.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:01 PM   #90
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC

Constantly, blindly supporting a proven idiot, pathological liar and criminal has got to be associated with some kind of mental flaw.
Sort of on the opposite of that note, did anyone see Pat Buchanan rip into Bush last night on the Dan Abrams show? It was weird to feel agreement with Pat Buchanan, I never thought that would happen.

But there ya go Bush. See what you made me do. You made me agree with Pat Buchanan about something.