Why I Will Be Voting For Kerry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
It is a sad state of affairs when I can watch "The West Wing" on TV, and wish the TV president was the president instead of the real one. In the sixth season premiere that aired last night, American officials traveling in Ghaza have been attacked by way of bomb. Most of the president's staff, the joint chiefs of staff, and the American public want a military reaction. The president refuses. Does everything in his power to instead get Isreal and Palestinian officials to have peace talks. Most everyone is against him except for a select few. In the end, all three parties show up for peace talks at Camp David, and the episode ends at the beginning of them.

That is the kind of president we need in real life. The kind of president we have is one who detests diplomacy for the simple reason that he is not good at it. He would rather dispatch the military to kick some red white and blue ass on whoever hit us first. Actually, that's not completely true. Sometimes he doesn't even need someone to hit us first to go the route of kicking some red white and blue ass.

We went from Bill Clinton - who was a diplomatic genius, a man who for all intents and purposes came closer to establishing some kind of peace in the middle east than few presidents ever have, by way of diplomacy for the most part - to George W. Bush -a man who has created a daunting quagmire in the middle east and has done virtually NOTHING in his four years concerning Isreal or Palestine. Why? Because he knows military attacks won't do anything in regards to Isreal and Palestine. As for Iraq, well, there's a whole different forum for that subject.

I want a president who has the patience and the lingual skills and even the sheer desire to try to resolve problems without using the military and with the use of diplomacy. Will I get that in John Kerry? I don't know, I really don't. But I know I won't get it in George W. Bush. That's why I'm voting for Kerry. Among other things.

Really????

I must not be able to distinguish between television fiction and real world politics....

Maybe I can find another TV show to help me vote, like the Daily Show....

I don't need a TV show to assist me in voting. It was just a good example for the point I wanted to make.

Ideal?

He looks ideal when all the cards fall his way.

I watched the same show last night. I love the West Wing. But to think things happen as easily as they do on the show is nonsense.

nbcrusader said:
Ideal?

He looks ideal when all the cards fall his way.

I watched the same show last night. I love the West Wing. But to think things happen as easily as they do on the show is nonsense.

I don't think they would happen that easily, not even close probably. But that doesn't mean the president shouldn't TRY to do those things. And Bush is a president who would never even try.

Just to let y'all know: In real life I'm going to be the female version of Josh Lyman. No questions asked. I WILL work in the White House and no one's going to stop me! :rant:

ok i'm done.

nbcrusader said:

Maybe I can find another TV show to help me vote, like the Daily Show....

Hey! You could do a lot worse!

Best of luck, U2democrat. Just don't ask me to be the male version of Donna Moss - I'm not sure things are going to work out so well for her.

nbcrusader said:
:up:

I hope you make it!

Yeah, me too! Hopefully someday we will be reading about you in the newspapers as a Presidential advisor! Then we'll be able to say "hey, this chick used to post on Interference". :wink:

Back
Top Bottom