Why haven't the Bush twins joined up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

financeguy

ONE love, blood, life
Six American servicewomen died the other day.

I'm just wondering why the Bush twins haven't joined the war effort yet.

Just wondering.

I have had this same thought ever since the war started. And now since they have graduated from college, what meaningful things have they been doing with their lives.

Are we implying that because of who they are, meaning their lineage, they are not productive? What productive things have anyone of us in here done? Did we get the opportunity to grow, learn, make mistakes, and live our lives without the shadow of the press over us?

Dreadsox said:
Are we implying that because of who they are, meaning their lineage, they are not productive? What productive things have anyone of us in here done? Did we get the opportunity to grow, learn, make mistakes, and live our lives without the shadow of the press over us?

Well actually I'd guarantee that most of us HAVE done more productive things with our lives than the Bush twins.

If you look at the Kerry daughters, they seem to have more of a commitment to public service.

Heavens, even the British Princes William and Harry have done charity work, gone to Africa, etc.

financeguy said:

Well actually I'd guarantee that most of us HAVE done more productive things with our lives than the Bush twins.

If you look at the Kerry daughters, they seem to have more of a commitment to public service.

Heavens, even the British Princes William and Harry have done charity work, gone to Africa, etc.

i think one of them is a school teacher

that rates high in my book

Dreadsox said:

You're right. I actually sorta like the twins but I couldn't resist giggling at the jokes, nonetheless. They are easy targets for cheap jokes, I'm afraid.

but, seriously folks, i live in DC and their exploits are legend, and i have a friend who calls the cops every time Jenna's friends decide to park in his driveway, and the fact remains that THEY DON'T HAVE JOBS.

so, why not join the army?

it does seem hypocritical, at the very least, to ask those from the social classes that struggle the most to send their sons and daughters to die in a country that presented absolutely no threat to the US while his spoiled girls (who are reputed to be rather pleasant, actually, and Bar is pretty liberal, i'm told) do shots at Smith's Point in Georgetown and dance at the Blue Gin.

Dreadsox said:

no. they're Bush's daughters. if they're anything like their father, they're not productive. unless you consider productive being lying to your country that costs thousands of lives.

the Bush daughters have also been born into the single most powerful political family in the United States, are worth over $25m, and have had every single possible advantage one could ask for. what would you have done with such opportunity?

and then, compare them with Chelsea Clinton.

Irvine511 said:
Bar is pretty liberal, i'm told)

I sincerely hope she wasn't one of the liberals that wanted to offer counselling to the terrorists after 9/11 - you know, the ones Rovey was on about?

mikal said:

kept the money and divorced my parents and grandparents for being total douchebags.

mikal, you may not like Dubya or his dad, but what in the world would possess you to say such things about his wife and his mother? Whaat have they done to give you this opinion?

Just wondering if I have ever seen anyone from the right attack Chelsea Clinton in this forum.........

Dreadsox said:
Just wondering if I have ever seen anyone from the right attack Chelsea Clinton in this forum.........

I don't know if anyone's attacked, but she got made fun of quite a bit, as with the Bush girls. Comes with the territory.

80sU2isBest said:

mikal, you may not like Dubya or his dad, but what in the world would possess you to say such things about his wife and his mother? Whaat have they done to give you this opinion?

grandma is a real potty mouth

80sU2isBest said:

well...Laura married Dubya. That says loads about her taste. ;)

Yeah, those Bush girls should be out there on the cover of FHM & Maxim and having home videos released, worked for Paris Hilton.:wink: Aren't they under surveillance by the Secret Service 24/7?

financeguy said:
Six American servicewomen died the other day.

I'm just wondering why the Bush twins haven't joined the war effort yet.

Just wondering.
Because there is enough money in Fam. Bush to pay for a proper eductation.

Ah for crying out loud. Rono was misinterpreted with that comment. It is no secret that the armed services are a very viable and wise choice for those in our societies who are born to lower wealth and so on. A military life provides many things which some might not otherwise have an opportunity to experience, like good health care and skills which are invaluable. You guys all want to call them the dregs of society? Go ahead. Rono was simply pointing out that people with not as much opportunity sometimes look to a military career as a way of obtaining what is unobtainable to someone with the shit luck of being born poor.

Also keep in mind how the media (cough Mr moore) like to portray the military as an organisation which intentionally seek the 'lower' classes and to someone who is not even American, it is easy to assume that this is a fairly normal practice, albeit not the only one.

Jesus people. Use some bloody common sense in interpretting comments on here.

Back
Top Bottom