Why do you come to FYM?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I come here because the people I live with either aren't interested (my sister), or think they're always right (my husband). It makes for frustrating conversation.

i come here because it makes me better at presenting my arguments. people don't let anything slip by in here so you really have to present your case well. it's made me a better debater.

and i like to hear what other people with other ideas have to say.

and i like most of you. :sexywink:

I don't post in FYM as much as I used to because I work in an environment where there are ongoing discussions similar to the ones here and it just became draining for me after awhile. I find that I prefer now to use Interference more for entertainment, goofing off, and talking about music.

But I used to come in here mostly to bond with the people who agree with me on stuff and to get mad at the people who don't. :D

Dreadsox said:

I come here to see if u2Bama's red, white and blue ice cream
cake offends anyone.

Or the red, white & blue ice cream with the little red & blue bunnies init. It was very good though.

~U2Alabama

Last edited:
Klaus said:
i like to find out if my opinion is right or wrong by reading the opinions of the people i dissagree with ;)

I'm not sure one can always figure out with certainty whether one's opinion is "right" or "wrong".

Why do I come to FYM? Because it's more fun than studying abelian surfaces in complex projective space.

I also come to FYM to hear 80s talk about having his hide chapped.

joyfulgirl said:
I also come to FYM to hear 80s talk about having his hide chapped.

Ha ha!!

I hope no one takes that "hide chapping" stuff the wrong way...

speedracer said:

I'm not sure one can always figure out with certainty whether one's opinion is "right" or "wrong".

Why do I come to FYM? Because it's more fun than studying abelian surfaces in complex projective space.

Well you're right in this one ;)
At least in the war forum i find differend shades of wrong because it's ways to complex for a black/white image ;)

Klaus

I come here to read the debates, and I like to jump in and post what I think.
Its fun to hear what people think or believe in.

Perle

I only lurk here, and sporadically check out the goings on in LS - but for the most part this FYM is it. Very rarely will I speak up, mainly because a.) all bases are covered and b.) if I started I'd never be able to stop. ;)

The reason why I lurk about is because this place is a stockpile of information I'm interested in. I've always felt U2 fans were a cut above the rest when it comes to world affairs, and this place offers an incredible and intelligent global opinion on all matters I feel are important. I love the debates you guys and gals get into. I love the personalities that congregate in FYM and the different slants both opposing and agreeing views offer. So... that's that.

*goes back to lurking*

Back
Top Bottom