Why do we play GOD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nature is a force of more power than we can conceive.
One day it will fight back and we will be in a mess. We should not mess with it.

i think it's amazing. if they can do it, they should ahead and do it. i honestly cannot see what bad can come out of it, unless your a sci-fi, conspiracy nutjob who thinks the government is making perfect soldiers or some shit.

mad1 said:
men have fuked up the earth..........and keep tryin to be secretive in new projects to fuk it up even more.....

as u know, earth would not be in the state it is now if women ruled Dreadsox....:tongue:

;)

Well....I do like to be submissive

:angel:

I think we as a species are becoming more and more arrogant, and we don't even realise it. All the time we are constantly crossing the line and seeing where it will take us, while all the time not thinking of the consequences of our actions. Even Einstien, in the subsequent uses found for his Nuclear research, admitted that had he known of how his science would be used, he would never have invented it.

We are constantly treading new ground, and never asking the right questions, never asking whether we should be going here or there - we just wander aimlessly because we can.

I fear that curiousity killed the cat, and Humanity, in its own base and animalistic nature, will follow suit. CannibalistArtist, you don't need a government conspriacy trying to raise the perfect genetic army, all you need is basic Human nature to abuse its power, to go where it should not, and too simply go too far. Nature will not be contained or manipulated by such an impudent power such as us, we can not harness or master it; I fear we are treading too far with the idea of cloning, and I do worry about it.

Ant.

Humankind in general is awfully quick to decide what we can 'do without' and what we should create.
We do the removing a lot so far, it is only a matter of time before we start 'adding' with more regularity.

I understand that people are concerned that this technology could be used in destructive ways. Is that the main concern people are expressing here, or are there some that feel that the very act these scientists are attempting (inserting synthetic genetic material into a cell) is inherently immoral? Is it just the potential misuse, or is it also the "playing God" you don't like?

just curious.

Back
Top Bottom