Why Did Kerry Lose? - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-20-2004, 01:51 AM   #76
The Fly

Local Time: 07:31 AM
Kerry "blames" Ozama!

Now we have the definitive answer from The Horse's mouth:

In an interview by FNC reporter Geraldo Rivera at the opening of the Bill Clinton Presidential Library yesterday, when asked why he lost the election, KERRY, in his own words, replied: "Because of Ozama bin Laden". Now we know -- according to Kerry's spin. Incredible end of a long story!?

Old 11-20-2004, 05:35 AM   #77
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:31 PM
I think Kerry's right on the money. Bush won as the "War on Terror" president. He wouldn't have been in this position had it not been for bin Laden. Whoever the Republicans run in 2008 is *not* going to be the WOT president. If the nominee is Giuliani, he'll benefit for obvious reasons. Some people right now don't want a moderate, and I don't have a crystal ball, but I think in the end a moderate may be what the electorate wants. I can tell you right now that's what I'm hoping for.

Old 11-20-2004, 05:55 AM   #78
Blue Crack Addict

I was hoping Guiliani would run for Senator and spare us Hillary
Old 11-20-2004, 06:58 AM   #79
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten
I was hoping Guiliani would run for Senator and spare us Hillary
You could be right. I wouldn't be shocked if Rudy ran and beat her. Talk about a "hype-killer". I'd be pretty relieved, quite frankly.
Old 11-20-2004, 03:50 PM   #80
The Fly

U Girlz are correct about the 2 New Yorkers potential race, whether it is for U.S. Senator or U.S. President: "RUDY vs. Hillary".
Every political poll shows Rudy winning big time, regardless of whatever.

Kitty, U are funny!
Old 11-20-2004, 03:58 PM   #81
The Fly

Kerry "blames" Ozama!

Quote:
Originally posted by verte76
I think Kerry's right on the money. Bush won as the "War on Terror" president. He wouldn't have been in this position had it not been for bin Laden....
Verte, U should know that KERRY was specifically and only referring to that surprise Uzama video "message" on Friday, Oct. 29, four days before Election Day, as being the reason he was defeated. Oddly, at that time, many Dem operatives and Kerry staff misread the significance of the video and claimed that bin Laden's sudden appearance would help Kerry!?
Old 11-20-2004, 04:40 PM   #82
Blue Crack Addict

Re: Kerry "blames" Ozama!

Quote:
Originally posted by Stonewall

Verte, U should know that KERRY was specifically and only referring to that surprise Uzama video "message" on Friday, Oct. 29, four days before Election Day, as being the reason he was defeated. Oddly, at that time, many Dem operatives and Kerry staff misread the significance of the video and claimed that bin Laden's sudden appearance would help Kerry!?
OK, I think it was bin Laden in a more general sense. The War on Terror is the raison d'etre of the Bush Administration.
Old 11-20-2004, 07:58 PM   #83
The Fly

In fact, Geraldo entitled the I/V piece as "Kerry blames presidential loss on bin Laden video". As such, highlights of the I/V with that said were shown on several other shows, including national newscasts. Look, Kerry could be right on that very specific 10/29 item. Many -- including professional journalists and political pundits -- call it "the October surprise" for Kerry! When that UBL video hit the airwaves as a "news alert", my first reaction was: "Bush won!"

Of course, I agree w/U re: Raison d'etre of GWB Administration. After September 11th, 2001, they had no choice.
Old 11-21-2004, 07:42 AM   #84
Blue Crack Addict

I know that's what the pundits said, and hell, even Kerry agreed with them.
Old 11-21-2004, 10:14 AM   #85
Creator of the Blue Crack

Local Time: 04:31 AM
I havent read through this entire thread....

but after discussing this topic of why Kerry lost with many people... I've come to the idea that it may have actually been his 'pro gay marriage' position, or what appeared to be. If you read all the exit polls, the majority of people that voted for Bush did so for religious and moral reasons. If you also look at which states Bush won, they were pretty much all the states that are very conservative when it comes to the issue of gay marriage.

And that.. is my 2 cents.
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 11-21-2004, 01:12 PM   #86
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:31 AM
If that is the case, it is unfortunate that Kerry left such a confusing image with the electorate. He had an anti-gay marriage stance that should be decided by the states.
Old 11-21-2004, 02:04 PM   #87
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
If that is the case, it is unfortunate that Kerry left such a confusing image with the electorate. He had an anti-gay marriage stance that should be decided by the states.
Very true. In fact I recall an FYM thread last summer that was critical of Kerry's position on gay marriage from the left.
Old 11-21-2004, 09:56 PM   #88
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 08:31 AM
I think the women of the candidates played a significant role in the election results. I see Laura Bush as someone very reserved, whereas Teresa Heinz Kerry was much more outspoken.
Old 11-22-2004, 01:01 PM   #89
Blue Crack Addict

Yeah, Teresa's pretty outspoken, and some felt that she was too much of a "loose cannon". Many people probably felt a little more comfortable with the reserved Laura. Still, I don't exactly think anyone was voting for First Lady.
Old 11-22-2004, 06:24 PM   #90
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by verte76
Yeah, Teresa's pretty outspoken, and some felt that she was too much of a "loose cannon". Many people probably felt a little more comfortable with the reserved Laura. Still, I don't exactly think anyone was voting for First Lady.
Probably not, but some undecideds who look for a strong family man probably wondered how Kerry could control the country when he can't control Teresa's umm... outspoken opinions. The same goes for Bush as well, his daughters are crazy party animals who drank underage. Maybe that wasn't such an issue now that they're of legal age. The Republicans are probably history the day either one of the Bush daughters runs for office.