Why did Johny taliban walker only 20 years,... - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-09-2002, 06:31 PM   #31
The Fly
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: i don't know. if someone finds me send for help
Posts: 53
Local Time: 08:04 AM
first, i don't own a pair of birkenstocks. secondly, let's refrain from name calling and personal attacks. i'm just trying to have a civil exchange of ideas. we don't have to agree wth or understand walker's beliefs and decisions. we don't have to like them, but many, many people from this country disagree with the US and it's policies. fewer, but still many, support ideas, countries or people who are considered to be enemies of the US. fewer still, but some, chose to leave the country for their beliefs. we don't have to like it, but we must repect these rights. until there is evidence that he participated in attacks on american citizens, i don't believe we had the right to bring him to trial in the US. peace, lynn

PS we've all seen the photos of Reagan with bin laden, too. does being in the presence of a really, really bad guy make one a really, really bad guy?
__________________

__________________
hotasahandbag is offline  
Old 10-09-2002, 06:36 PM   #32
The Fly
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: CA
Posts: 100
Local Time: 08:04 AM
He admitted to being in a terrorist training camp. There's a difference between being a socialist and leaving the country to live in Europe (for example) and being a fantacist and leaving the country to join a group that aims to kill your countrymen. Why is this point so hard to get? It's not guilt by simply association or proximity, it's guilt by active involvement. BTW, the fact that he accepted 20 years should make this a closed issue. Why would an innocent person facing supposedly "trumped up" charges take such a sentence? He's not an idiot. He was considered a very smart student when he was younger.
__________________

__________________
garibaldo is offline  
Old 10-09-2002, 06:48 PM   #33
Blue Crack Addict
 
nbcrusader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 22,071
Local Time: 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by garibaldo
He admitted to being in a terrorist training camp. There's a difference between being a socialist and leaving the country to live in Europe (for example) and being a fantacist and leaving the country to join a group that aims to kill your countrymen. Why is this point so hard to get? It's not guilt by simply association or proximity, it's guilt by active involvement. BTW, the fact that he accepted 20 years should make this a closed issue. Why would an innocent person facing supposedly "trumped up" charges take such a sentence? He's not an idiot. He was considered a very smart student when he was younger.
I would only add that Walker was represented by a high-power SF Bay Area attorney.

Now, come to think of it, since Walker plead guilty, his attorney hasn't been seeking the same level of publicity as he did when Walker was brought back to the US.
__________________
nbcrusader is offline  
Old 10-09-2002, 09:52 PM   #34
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
U2Bama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Gulf Coast State of Mine
Posts: 3,405
Local Time: 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by hotasahandbag
i wasn't aware that "it is safe to surmise......" was sufficient evidence to convict a man.
It is not sufficient evidence to convict anyone; I am merely talking about what you and I know, here, in our little internet discussion. The military, the prosecution attorneys, the defense attorneys, Taliban John and the judge know a lot more than you or I know, and their information is what counts. My opinion is that he got off easy, your opinion is that he should not have been charged with anything; I believe there is something to the case, you do not seem to. I am comfortable with my opinion. Taliban John can issue a fatwa against my ass if he wants to, I don't care. But I am satisfied at least that he will spend 20 years in prison.

~U2Alabama
__________________
U2Bama is offline  
Old 10-09-2002, 10:02 PM   #35
Refugee
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 1,760
Local Time: 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by hotasahandbag


PS we've all seen the photos of Reagan with bin laden, too. does being in the presence of a really, really bad guy make one a really, really bad guy?


uhhh...I can't find these photos....are you reffering to the photos of saddam and rumsfeld by any chance???


If you do know these exist..please post them...cos I think most ppl would really like to see them.
__________________
V Nura is offline  
Old 10-09-2002, 11:29 PM   #36
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,881
Local Time: 03:04 AM
I have seen Saddam with Rumsfeld photos. They were in Newsweek about two weeks ago. I think they were in reference to the Regan Administration.


Peace to all.
__________________
Dreadsox is offline  
Old 10-10-2002, 08:42 AM   #37
Refugee
 
Klaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
Posts: 2,432
Local Time: 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox
I have seen Saddam with Rumsfeld photos. They were in Newsweek about two weeks ago. I think they were in reference to the Regan Administration.


Peace to all.
In this article.. did they quote what Rumsfeld said about Sadam at this time? (also verry interesting)

Klaus
__________________
Klaus is offline  
Old 10-10-2002, 04:36 PM   #38
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,881
Local Time: 03:04 AM
The point of the article was about the creation of Saddam. Newsweek attemteds to pin it all on The Great Communicator.

Someone provided a link. I wish I could find it for you.
__________________

__________________
Dreadsox is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com