Why can't the Us be more like this? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-18-2005, 06:59 AM   #16
Acrobat

Local Time: 12:40 PM
Not only that 80s, but this forum is suppose to be about U2 and Christianity, not religion/Christianity in general.

Old 01-18-2005, 07:18 AM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Ft. Worth Frog
Not only that 80s, but this forum is suppose to be about U2 and Christianity, not religion/Christianity in general.
That's true.

Now it's time for me to post something that definitely belongs in another forum. Your user name brings back good memories to me.

My friend's grandmother, who lives in Ft. Worth, always calls me Frog for some reason....

Old 01-18-2005, 08:01 AM   #18
Acrobat

I hope it's a compliment I got my username from TCU, my alma mater. Not sure if I have any froglike characteristics though.
Old 01-18-2005, 08:53 AM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:40 AM
Scarletwine - was this posted based on your understanding of Christianity, or based on an alignment with your political views?
Old 01-18-2005, 09:40 AM   #20
The Fly

Local Time: 05:40 PM
if its o.k. to provoke christians with insults in a U2/christian forum than its o.k. to provoke other religions, no? isn`t that fair after all? but as christians we are taught to bless those who persacute us as well as pray for our enemies. But the very fact, that insulting post was permitted on any of these forums makes me question these very forums! i used to think this was an unbiased forum for u2 fans who share u2`s christian beliefs. Who knew? Yeah! sulagirl not everything labeled christian is christian! Do you just except anything with the christian branded to it. Angry? you betcha were not some automatons with no emotions!
Old 01-18-2005, 10:01 AM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Ft. Worth Frog
I hope it's a compliment I got my username from TCU, my alma mater. Not sure if I have any froglike characteristics though.
She is a real sweet lady. Her grandson's alma mater was TCU, so maybe she calls him that, also, and it just carries on over to me.

I'm A&M all the way, so it could be worse - she could call me a "Teasip".
Old 01-18-2005, 10:13 AM   #22
The Fly

Can any one recommend a u2 forum[outside of this board] where there is no christian bashing encouraged?
Old 01-18-2005, 10:33 AM   #23
The Fly

i don`t get it? It`s clear to ALL, u2 the band has and does make it known that they hold to the christian fundementals! They DON`T hide it under a bushel. And yet their so-called fans[there not fans but political proponents] flaunt their hate for all things christian, i don`t get it! What is a christian? The term comes from the N.T. it means; a disciple of Christ. Christ said a lot of things that caused offence to a lot of people. It was offensive because it was the TRUTH and they loved not the TRUTH! Jesus The Christ said that `He is the ONLY WAY to the Father`! Thats the offence, thats why the christian is hated! The Jews are also hated just because they are Gods people! that there offence, they represent God on this sin infested anti-God World. They hate us because we`re not like them! Thats the only reason! This forum shouldn`t be a sounding board for the anti-God ilk! Isn`t there a good anti God rock band forum you can shove your garbage in?
Old 01-18-2005, 10:37 AM   #24
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by biff
Shouldn't this be moved to FYM?
Yes. This post is not related to U2, and the description for The Goul Is Soul forum reads:

"This is a general discussion area about U2 and their faith as found in their lyrics, their own words, as well as books written by others on this subject of their spirituality. Not to be used for debates/discussions on religion (use FYM for that)."

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 01-18-2005, 10:43 AM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

Re: Re: Why can't the Us be more like this?

Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest
You know what's ironic about that post? The author hits on treating other's views with respect and not trying to change others, but shows a profound lack of respect (in fact, utter contempt) for "American" Christian views.

He's a hypocrite.
Exactly. This person is trying to tell us what is the 'right' way to think and feel, and that is forcing your beliefs on others, which he says he hates, so yes, hypocrite.
Old 01-18-2005, 10:57 AM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
Scarletwine - was this posted based on your understanding of Christianity, or based on an alignment with your political views?
He's got you there, Scarlet.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:22 AM   #27
New Yorker

Sorry, I should have read the rules for Goal.

I wasn't using it to bash American Christians, just provide thought for discussion. It was posted as a view of others within and without the US.

I loved JTsAli post.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:26 AM   #28
Blue Crack Addict

Personally, I'm not really a believer in linking Christianity to any one set of political views. There was recently a thread about this on FYM, called something like "God--Democrat or Republican"? Just about everyone involved said "neither". Personally, if I could put up with the Icelandic climate, I might rather like it there. After all, I'm a political lefty. Then again, I'm not sure how Lutherans would view a practicing Catholic. Might I be considered to be overly "superstitious" for wanting to pray the rosary and make pilgrimages? I don't know.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:31 AM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I personally believe that without virtue, society is a waste. I don't think you have to be a conservative to agree with that much. I do however believe that morality should influence the government, and I don't see much of a need to compare how "bad" and "restricted" we are, compared to whatever socialized country it is.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:43 AM   #30
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by verte76
Personally, I'm not really a believer in linking Christianity to any one set of political views. There was recently a thread about this on FYM, called something like "God--Democrat or Republican"? Just about everyone involved said "neither". Personally, if I could put up with the Icelandic climate, I might rather like it there. After all, I'm a political lefty. Then again, I'm not sure how Lutherans would view a practicing Catholic. Might I be considered to be overly "superstitious" for wanting to pray the rosary and make pilgrimages? I don't know.
As a Lutheran, you'd be most welcome.