Why Bush, Why??????? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-16-2002, 05:38 PM   #1
Refugee

Local Time: 03:44 PM
Why Bush, Why???????

For any of you who are Bush lovers than I think I better warn you that you probably should not read any further. In this post you are going to hear my true feelings towards this guy- and it aint nice, yes all of my opinions will probably be flawed by your standards if you like him, but I dont care, no amount of persuasive rhetoric will make me change my mind-call my thoughts here subjective or whatever you like- just dont rant and rave pro-bush crap, this is a thread for those who oppose this mans beliefs to discuss why it is that he is the way that he is. So after saying that I would just like to know why this man wnats to single handedly try and start or lay the foundations down for what could be WW III, a war based on escalating the already established conflicts between christian and muslim, why does he believe that he can do this- no one apart from Blair adheres to his campaign- I for one certainly dont, I see him as an arrogant war monger trying to finsih off what his Daddy started. I realise three things for certain,

The war machine fuels the American economy

There is oil in Iraq

Sadam is a product of the Reagan adminstration's own doing- remember the Iran/Iraq war- one of their own 'puppets' who they now want to bomb the crapper out of- how hypocritical, just look back to Vietnam guys, it probably wont work or it will esculate out of and beyond control...

Why does Bush feel that he can over ride the wishes and concerns of both the UN and practically every 'western' country in the world- does this man have a plank of wood between his head??? is he a sadist and gets great pleasure from killing, maming, seeing countries struggle into economic dissaray and having countless people the world over despise both him and his policies........

Now to the issue of Sadam- sure I can congress that he is a mad-man, but in all honesty from where I stand both he and Bush dont really share to many disparities at the moment, it is kinda like who is the lesser evil?????? and really if Sadam wants to make chemical weapons, how on earth is he going to do this, where on earth is he going to get the weapons grade plutonium from???? anyway this could go on for ages but I just want to let you know that I despise Bush and everything that he stands for why does he think that he can act as a supreme, benevolent dictator to the world???? I wish he would go an nuke himself and all of his propaganda bullshit up instead

Old 09-16-2002, 06:04 PM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:44 AM
Re: Why Bush, Why???????

Wow. I think that's actually what I've been wanting to say about Bush for quite some time now. As for your questions about why Bush thinks he can ignore the wishes of the rest of the world and sanction the murder of tens of thousands of innocent people, I think you summed it up with these two comments:

Quote:
Originally posted by OzAurora

The war machine fuels the American economy

There is oil in Iraq

Bush, along with the rest of his ultra-conservative administration appears to think the United States has automatic rights of access to any and all natural resources it wants. If it wants control of Iraqi oil, it sees nothing wrong with bombing the country to get it. Let's not have any illusions about this, Bush doesn't care if Saddam is replaced by a dictator every bit as brutal as Saddam, so long as that dictator is friendly to the United States. After all, who sold arms to Iraq, who sent money to Iraq right through the 1980s, during the Iran-Iraq war, and during the time that Saddam was gassing his own citizens? You guessed it - the United States. After all, a country which put General Pinochet into power in Chile (on September 11th, 1973, ironically enough - I didn't notice any remembrance services for the tens of thousands murdered under Pinochet's regime last week) can hardly hold human rights in the highest regard.

Old 09-16-2002, 07:12 PM   #3
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:44 PM

Hi girls..
Bush Bono
and
I
love you
xxox
Db9
Old 09-16-2002, 07:15 PM   #4
Banned

Local Time: 11:44 PM
just a note to DB9 the big mun

Hello Diamond !!!!!!!!!!
How You doing old buddie , so good to see ya !!!!!

I'm extremely friendly today .
Give my Regards too .

Peace & Love .
Old 09-16-2002, 07:42 PM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:44 PM
News item - Iraq agrees to allow weapons inspectors access.....

This would not have happened if Bush were among the silent leaders of the world. Global politics sometimes takes tough talk.

Peace.
Old 09-16-2002, 07:53 PM   #6
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
News item - Iraq agrees to allow weapons inspectors access.....

This would not have happened if Bush were among the silent leaders of the world. Global politics sometimes takes tough talk.

Peace.
I'd be a lot more impressed if the agreement hadn't been immediately dismissed as "false hope" by the White House.

I guess this may clarify the situation further though, if Bush decides to go ahead with bombing despite the readmittance of inspectors it will throughly disprove the assertion that the motivation for an attack is Iraq's violation of UN resolution and supposed possessions of weapons of mass destruction.
Old 09-16-2002, 07:58 PM   #7
Refugee

I don't think I can give my opinion of Bush without upsetting his adoring fans and most certainly without using profanity in each sentence.

I can say, though, OzAurora, that I do agree with most of what you say, if not more.

It is a shame. I'd like to think that I don't let myself be driven by emotions when I write, however, if I were to write about Bush - I'd probably lose my mod status. Considering I don't want to lose it, this is reinforced by the fact that I don't want to lose it over writing about Bush.

I'll just let the others say it, there appears to be a few, anyway.

Ant.
Gas smells awful; You might as well live.

Dorothy Parker, 'Resumé'
Old 09-16-2002, 08:14 PM   #8
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Anthony
I don't think I can give my opinion of Bush without upsetting his adoring fans and most certainly without using profanity in each sentence.

I can say, though, OzAurora, that I do agree with most of what you say, if not more.

It is a shame. I'd like to think that I don't let myself be driven by emotions when I write, however, if I were to write about Bush - I'd probably lose my mod status. Considering I don't want to lose it, this is reinforced by the fact that I don't want to lose it over writing about Bush.

I'll just let the others say it, there appears to be a few, anyway.

Ant.
Ant-
Thank you for not abusing your power and practicing 'compassionate conservativism' w/o even realizing it

DB9
Old 09-16-2002, 08:17 PM   #9
Kid A

wink

oh c'mon now Ant! why not have a go at him, no reason to be so timid, after all this isn't the war against the colonies!
Old 09-16-2002, 08:28 PM   #10
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by FizzingWhizzbees
I'd be a lot more impressed if the agreement hadn't been immediately dismissed as "false hope" by the White House.
This is called keeping the pressure on. Sometimes politics is not pretty or gets under our skin - but things get done.
Old 09-16-2002, 08:34 PM   #11
Refugee

Quote:
after all this isn't the war against the colonies!
You called that a war? That was a skermish, dear boy.

There was once a wise man who said 'This isn't Spain, you know, this is England'... I still don't know what that means.

Compassionate conservatism, Diamond? You will have to explain that to me, because it seems like an oxymoron from where I'm standing.

In retrospect, your message SEEMS to be saying that if I were to give my opinion I would somehow be abusing my power? Not so. I could diss Conservatives until the cows come home, however, I'm not going to. Not because I'm timid, and its not because I'm noble - its because life is really too short to be arguing over something as trivial over Bush' intelligence. Whether he's the next Einstein or the next Charlie Brown, he's still going to invade Iraq and he's still going to help worsen the Middle Eastern crisis. A crisis, might I add, that is no nearer to being solved than when it was ten years ago.

Ant.
Gas smells awful; You might as well live.

Dorothy Parker, 'Resumé'
Old 09-16-2002, 09:26 PM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 10:44 PM
Re: Why Bush, Why???????

Quote:
Originally posted by OzAurora
just dont rant and rave pro-bush crap, this is a thread for those who oppose this mans beliefs to discuss why it is that he is the way that he is.
So much for the concept of "open debate" in a forum known as "Free Your Mind."

And for all of you who are already placing your bets on Bush's ultimate respnse to Saddam's new weapons inspections offer, please remember that Saddam made the same pledges in the 1991 cease fire, violated it, and made the same promise to the UN during the Clinton era 2 or 3 times (most recently in 1998), violating it each time. Saddam seems a bit more predictable in this particular circumstance. He may very well violate his pledge again and run around screaming and crying to his current mistress "Who is America?!?!?! I am Saddam!!!!"

~U2Alabama

And p.s. I didn't post any "pro-bush crap," just some anti-saddam poo poo (I guess).
Old 09-16-2002, 09:34 PM   #13
ONE
love, blood, life

Q-Whos more predictable..Saddam lovers or Bush Haters?
A- Its a tie.

There both equally predictably miserable..

hoo
hah-

-diamond-
xxox
Old 09-17-2002, 12:33 AM   #14
Kid A

skermish, if you like, but either way it's the reason why you have to "kiss so much American arse" in the 21st century
Old 09-17-2002, 03:46 AM   #15
Refugee

Local Time: 03:44 PM
Re: Re: Why Bush, Why???????

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Bama

So much for the concept of "open debate" in a forum known as "Free Your Mind."
Sorry, but I just didn't want this to turn into a 'this is why I love Bush, that was crap what you just said', kind of forum, I was hoping to get all of the Bush despisers to talk amongst themselves and discuss why his policies are the way that they are, like I said before, I dont want to hear people exclaiming why they love him or how great he is, no amount of that will ever make me be persuaded to believe that he is a decent human being and Diamond, please leave Bono out of this!!!!

Quote:
And for all of you who are already placing your bets on Bush's ultimate respnse to Saddam's new weapons inspections offer, please remember that Saddam made the same pledges in the 1991 cease fire, violated it, and made the same promise to the UN during the Clinton era 2 or 3 times (most recently in 1998), violating it each time. Saddam seems a bit more predictable in this particular circumstance. He may very well violate his pledge again and run around screaming and crying to his current mistress "Who is America?!?!?! I am Saddam!!!!"
Ok- I can see this, but I can also understand why Sadam is fed up with the sanctions that have been placed on him by the US- I can see why he is pissed off, I do not condone some of his actions, however if I had been used and abused by the US in the same manner that he and his country have been since the early 80s and the days of the Iran/Iraq war, well I guess I would be wanting to say 'stuff you' to whoever the opressor was- however before you flame me, please dont take that as htough I am pro-Sadam, as I am not, however I can see where his anger towards the US probably stems from, I think that a lot of people need to wake up and realise that the US created Sadam, so ironically they only have themselves to blame.....

~U2Alabama
Quote:
And p.s. I didn't post any "pro-bush crap," just some anti-saddam poo poo (I guess).
Thankyou