Why Bob Dylan Rocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the iron horse

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Even as a young man in his early twenties, Dylan has never gone along with whatever the current PC river was flowing. He made the folk scene crowd furious when didn't sign on to their political agenda and went electric. He was and remains a rebel.

*check the documentary 60s film Don't Look Back.

He hasn't changed. Thank God.

He's always been a fresh breath of air in a world gone wrong.

From John Gibson:
http://www.foxnews.com/printer_friendly_story/0,3566,276253,00.html

Last edited:
the iron horse said:
Even as a young man in his early twenties, Dylan has never gone along with whatever the current PC river was flowing. He made the folk scene crowd furious when didn't sign on to their political agenda and went electric. He was and remains a rebel.

What did going electric have to do with a political agenda?

Bob Dylan does rock.

But I'm not sure PC or not wanting to talk about global warming has anything to do with it...

"We seem to be hell-bent on destruction. Do you worry about global warming?" "Where's the global warming?" Dylan asks. "It's freezing here."

hello,
the iron horse

I guess this part appeals to you

and I know there are many conservatives and libertarians that do not take global warming seriously

but, you folks may want to rethink it

it seems even President Bush is reversing himself on it.

I thought Dylan was just being his crochety self during the interview. He never gives the easy, expected answer. Or maybe he just dislikes Jann Wenner, that self-important tool, as much as I do.

Maybe Dylan didn't exactly follow lock-step with the hippie movement, but that does NOT mean his political viewpoint dovetails in any way with Gibson's.

Gibson is just making a laughable, pathetic attempt to seem cool.

It just sounded like a "flip" answer, to me.
typical Dylan.

In case anyone did not get the memos,

"Cigarette smoking is linked to higher risk of getting cancer."

and there is this:

Bush in U-turn on global warming

Published: May 31 2007 16:06

George W. Bush on Thursday unveiled a striking about-face on global warming, calling on the world’s leading economies to join the US in agreeing a global target to reduce carbon dioxide emissions before the end of his term in office.

The US president was speaking just ahead of a G8 summit at which climate change was expected to be high on the agenda of European governments. He explained that his apparent conversion – which follows almost seven years of having rejected precisely the road he outlined – was prompted by new scientific findings.

deep, your comment off topic, but I will reply

Cancer risks are everwhere. Did you walked down a street today with cars or horses?

No matter, we're all gonna die.

George W. Bush :eek

I vote Libertarian.

I know you are libertarian,
and I respect one's right to use tobacco products, alcohol, and make other choices.

More people are saying that there are enough scientific findings to support that man's contribution to global warming is a serious problem.

I know there are scientist on both sides,
but the division is something like 95+ percent on the side that it is a problem.

The new museum in Tenn had scientists on hand that said the earth is 6000 years old, that Adam and Eve played with dinosaurs and that Noah took them on the Ark.

The majority of scientists disagree.

I believe the majority of scientists.

Last edited:
the iron horse said:

No matter, we're all gonna die.

how many days do you have left?

me, I'm on the backside of life.

-----------

I think most of us spend days
like they are dollars.

deep said:

The new museum in Tenn had scientists on hand that said the earth is 6000 years old, that Adam and Eve played with dinosaurs and that Noah took them on the Ark.

You know what the dumbest thing about this is? I know those who believe the earth is 6000 years old like to make excuses for the dinosaurs but they have ther PERFECT out by saying the dinosaurs were all killed off in the flood and that's why there aren't anymore! That sounds reasonable, huh? But to say the dinosaurs were on the ark, oh boy :coocoo:

the iron horse said:
He made the folk scene crowd furious when he didn't sign on to their political agenda and went electric.

I think that was intended as two separate reasons by "he made the folk scene crowd furious": he didn't sign on to their political agenda, and he went electric.

Originally posted by deep but not written by deep
Bush in U-turn on global warming

Published: May 31 2007 16:06

George W. Bush on Thursday unveiled a striking about-face on global warming, calling on the world’s leading economies to join the US in agreeing a global target to reduce carbon dioxide emissions before the end of his term in office.

The US president was speaking just ahead of a G8 summit at which climate change was expected to be high on the agenda of European governments. He explained that his apparent conversion – which follows almost seven years of having rejected precisely the road he outlined – was prompted by new scientific findings.

what a pioneer, this man is.

deep said:
I know you are libertarian,
and I respect one's right to use tobacco products, alcohol, and make other choices.

More people are saying that there are enough scientific findings to support that man's contribution to global warming is a serious problem.

I know there are scientist on both sides,
but the division is something like 95+ percent on the side that it is a problem.

But you can also see the evidence - biblical literalism does not fit it and should be taken off the table to begin with, and that is the crucial element; being able to put together a model of what is going on and how and predict what it will do (and adding greenhouse gasses and shutting down carbon sinks will lead to warming and could tip the whole system into a new mode), I think that any regime to stop climate change by trying to reduce emissions is bound to fail simply because the cost is too great and self interest always wins (look at how many Kyoto signatories have failed to meet their targets) - finding stalls and ultimately solutions depends on improving an understanding of the major controls on climate and the feedbacks within the system, if we truly are approaching a cataclysm then it may be that nothing short of climate engineering can avert it.

Last edited:
So this is a short news blurb from NewsCorp highlighting the fact that Bob Dylan is old and doesn't follow science news. A+ thread :up:
BonoVoxSupastar said:

What did going electric have to do with a political agenda?
Bob Dylan didn't necessarily follow the folk scene's political agenda, and he began playing electric which raised the ire of his peers. These are two separate instances demonstrating his 'rebel' moniker. You don't need to have an english degree to figure that out from the sentence :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Butterscotch said:
You know what the dumbest thing about this is? I know those who believe the earth is 6000 years old like to make excuses for the dinosaurs but they have ther PERFECT out by saying the dinosaurs were all killed off in the flood and that's why there aren't anymore! That sounds reasonable, huh? But to say the dinosaurs were on the ark, oh boy :coocoo:

The dinosaurs on the ark would have obviously been baby dinosaurs or dinosaur eggs. The drastic after effects of a world wide flood (cooler temps) made the climate/planet inhabitable for dinosaurs.

The entire basis of Christianity is based on the belief that God impregnated a virgin, she gave birth to his son, Jesus performed miracles, was crucified, rose from the dead, and ascended into heaven.

Do you consider this :coocoo: as well? I mean what is more preposterous...a gigantic boat full of animals or Jesus being raised from the dead after three days?

MaxFisher said:

Do you consider this :coocoo: as well? I mean what is more preposterous...a gigantic boat full of animals or Jesus being raised from the dead after three days?

when you put it that way, it's all pretty preposterous.

Back
Top Bottom