Why are you pro- or anti-war? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-05-2003, 01:55 PM   #16
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
Local Time: 03:11 AM
Jofo:
read http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2727471.stm
"His [Bin Laden's] aims are in ideological conflict with present day Iraq"

al-Qaeda can buy nerve gas from several sources, bombing the whole world is no option.
The only way you can protect against terrorism is
a) short term: secret service / cia / fbi
b) reduce hate

Klaus

Old 02-05-2003, 02:01 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Klaus
Jofo:
read http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2727471.stm
"His [Bin Laden's] aims are in ideological conflict with present day Iraq"

al-Qaeda can buy nerve gas from several sources, bombing the whole world is no option.
The only way you can protect against terrorism is
a) short term: secret service / cia / fbi
b) reduce hate

Klaus
while iraq's goals are politically motivated and al-queda's are religious, it does not mean that they won't collaborate against their common enemy: the west.

today, colin powell presented proof that iraq harbors al-queda operatives as well as training camps in northern iraq. this is fact.
I agree with you regarding intelligence to prevent terror attacks as well as trying to reduce hatred towards the west. I did not say "bomb the whole world". that is a ridiculous statement. actually, if saddam stepped down and just went into exile that would be enough for me. but you know and I know he will never do that.

Old 02-05-2003, 06:44 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:11 PM
My reason is really very simple: I was in a war, when I was 12, had people aiming for my head, shells thrown on my house over and over again. I've gotta tell you, I didn't appreciate it much.

Nobody knows what it is like until you live through it. And I'll go a step further - when you are a completely innocent civilian (like a child), you experience war on a different level. And every time you happen to dodge a bullet, or you survive to make it out of the rubble, you're grateful to any god that'll listen, but make no mistake about it, a part of you dies, and you'll never, ever get it back. And the rest of your life is spent fighting to regain that humanity in you and to rise above what you've seen. Your whole life - 40, 50, 60 years, whatever. And in the moment your life comes to an end, that part of you that died as a child will still be dead, you just can't get it back. All you can do is to strive to be better than good. And you see that the world is a lovely place, or that it can be, so it's not all bad, definitely not.

But to wish this upon any other person who doesn't deserve is a crime, in my opinion. So now, I don't support war.
Old 02-05-2003, 06:49 PM   #19
ONE<br>love, blood, life

Location: Lookin' for the face I had before the world was made
Local Time: 10:11 PM
Please stop discussing Iraq in here. This is a thread about why you believe the things you do. There are plenty of other threads for discussing Iraq.

Thanks for the responses everyone. I was just curious to see why the people around here believe the things they do.
Old 02-05-2003, 07:04 PM   #20
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
Local Time: 03:11 AM
anitram:

your posting really touched my soul
Old 02-05-2003, 10:31 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by hippy
Please stop discussing Iraq in here. This is a thread about why you believe the things you do. There are plenty of other threads for discussing Iraq.

Thanks for the responses everyone. I was just curious to see why the people around here believe the things they do.
considering a war with iraq might be iminent, I don't see why we can't discuss it here.
Old 02-05-2003, 10:43 PM   #22
ONE<br>love, blood, life

Location: Lookin' for the face I had before the world was made
Local Time: 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by JOFO

considering a war with iraq might be iminent, I don't see why we can't discuss it here.
It would be common courtesy to refrain from doing something that you were asked not to do.

And as I said before, there are plenty of other threads for you to discuss this "iminent" war in.
Old 02-05-2003, 11:22 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I apologize profusely.