why are we on earth?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1.) Physically, we come from the union of a sperm and an egg, and from the genetic material contained therein. Spiritually, we're formed by God.

2.) We're here to love each other, to fulfill the special potential each of us is given by God, and to try to leave the Earth a little better than how we found it (as Emerson wisely said).

3.) I think God has plans for what happens after physical death, but it would be presumptuous of me to start splitting people into "lines," so to speak. :wink: I do believe that there must be some kind of judgment, but I'm not sure when or how it will happen. I trust in God's love and wisdom for post-death matters, whatever they may be.

Re: Re: why are we on earth?

annj said:

this is just some basic bible teachings I have learned and believe answer your questions, there is quite a bit more to the why's and wherefores of my answers but it would take forever to explain them

1. we come from the dust from the ground from which God formed us

2. we are here as caretakers of this planet to take care of it and the animals and to have a loving purposeful relationship with our fellow human beings and with God our Creator,

although this is not the state of things now this was how it was meant to be in the beginning and it is the way things are going to turn out, not by mans hands but by God's

3. We return to the dust (death is the opposite to life.. from existence to non existence)

but that was never meant to be and why death is such a terrible experience we dread, that none of us want to think about and why we feel such loss,

despite what many religions and people say or teach, death is not natural it is actually an enemy of God and will one day be done away with.. something God has promised and many of those who have died are just in a deep sleep which God will one day wake them up from and we can be reunited with those loved ones we have lost in death

Then We can all one day live on this planet where there will be no more starvation, no one sick, no one dying. no pollution or natural disasters or wars to take away lives.

Everyone living with each other in peace even with the animals and our lives will be meaningful and satisfied and happy which was and is our purpose in life and how it was meant to be and why we get very little satisfaction from our lives now

That is why the bible message is proclaimed to be good news and God wants everyone to know about it because he know we find ourselves asking the three questions you quoted and he has no desire for us to live in ignorance.. as the bible writer wrote.. seek and you will find:)

i couldn't tell whether this was serious or just a joke. this has to be the most ridiculous answer on this thread.

I'm not seeing the ridiculousness, either. Her comments weren't all that different from some of the other spiritually-related ones people put here.

As for my answers to this:

1, well, I'm one who follows the evolution idea regarding how we got here. How much of a role, if any, that a higher being played in it all, that I'm still unsure of.

2. I agree with those who've said we're here to learn, to love, and to try and leave this world a bit better place.

3. I personally tend to be interested in the idea of reincarnation, or the idea of ghosts (supernatural types of shows are my weakness, LOL-love 'em :D). But I know for sure that I personally don't think a hell of any kind exists...I do think those who do wrong in this life get the punishment they deserve, but I personally don't believe hell is that punishment. I think it's a fair and just punishment of some kind. And those who've done good in this life go on to some good place somewhere, wherever that may be.

That's my take on it all :shrug:.

Angela

We got here by way of evolution. Evolution is so amazing that only God could have done it. We're here to take care of the planet and each other and hopefully leave it a better place. At least we should try. I believe there is a Heaven, a Hell, and a Purgatory, but I think it'd be presumptuous of me to say who's going where. I have no idea. Only God does.

Re: Re: why are we on earth?

annj said:

this is just some basic bible teachings I have learned and believe answer your questions, there is quite a bit more to the why's and wherefores of my answers but it would take forever to explain them

1. we come from the dust from the ground from which God formed us

2. we are here as caretakers of this planet to take care of it and the animals and to have a loving purposeful relationship with our fellow human beings and with God our Creator,

although this is not the state of things now this was how it was meant to be in the beginning and it is the way things are going to turn out, not by mans hands but by God's

3. We return to the dust (death is the opposite to life.. from existence to non existence)

but that was never meant to be and why death is such a terrible experience we dread, that none of us want to think about and why we feel such loss,

despite what many religions and people say or teach, death is not natural it is actually an enemy of God and will one day be done away with.. something God has promised and many of those who have died are just in a deep sleep which God will one day wake them up from and we can be reunited with those loved ones we have lost in death

Then We can all one day live on this planet where there will be no more starvation, no one sick, no one dying. no pollution or natural disasters or wars to take away lives.

Everyone living with each other in peace even with the animals and our lives will be meaningful and satisfied and happy which was and is our purpose in life and how it was meant to be and why we get very little satisfaction from our lives now

That is why the bible message is proclaimed to be good news and God wants everyone to know about it because he know we find ourselves asking the three questions you quoted and he has no desire for us to live in ignorance.. as the bible writer wrote.. seek and you will find:)

Are you a JW?:wink:

1- Where did I come from?

You didn’t suddenly spring into existence the moment you were born.
You were happy in Heavenly Father’s presence, but He knew that you needed more in order to progress. You did not have a physical body like you do now, and you needed a chance to gain experience on your own—away from His presence, but with the ability to communicate with Him and receive help. So He sent you to Earth, hoping that you would return to Him and receive everything He has to offer you.

Before you were born, you lived with your Heavenly Father as one of His beloved spirit children. You knew and loved Him, and He knew and loved you.

Although you have forgotten your life before you were born, your Heavenly Father has not. He knows you and loves you. He wants you to come to know and love Him, too.

2- Why am I here on Earth?

You are not on Earth by accident. There is a purpose for your mortal existence. You are here to receive a physical body, gain experience, and develop divine attributes—like justice, mercy, and love.
God did not send you here without a plan. His plan is designed to bring you, and all His children, greater peace in this life—no matter what its trials—and eternal joy in the life to come. It is a plan of eternal salvation and happiness.

To partake of His plan, Heavenly Father invites you to:

Come to know and love Him and His Son, Jesus Christ.
Learn to love others as He loves them.
Learn to choose right over wrong.
Commit yourself to Him through ordinances such as baptism.

3- Where do we go after we die?

Death is not the end. Death is really a beginning—another step forward in Heavenly Father’s plan for His children.
Someday, like everyone else, your life on Earth will end and your physical body will die. But your spirit will not die. At the time of physical death, your spirit will go to the spirit world, where you will continue to learn and progress.

Death is a necessary step in your progression, just as your birth was. Sometime after your death, your spirit and your body will be reunited—never to be separated again. This is called resurrection, and it was made possible by the death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ.

4- Who am I?

You are a child of God—a daughter or son of your Heavenly Father, who knows you and loves you.
You lived with your Heavenly Father before you were born. He has known you and loved you from the beginning.

You are created in the image of God. Your Heavenly Father has created this world for you to learn, to grow, and to become like Him. Eventually, you can return to live with Him forever.

For this purpose, He has sent His Son into the world. Through the Savior, nothing can “separate us from the love of God” (Romans 8:39).

You are a child of God, whom He loves. This is your oldest, deepest, and most basic identity.

This is brief summary of what I believe, I hope it helps!

Last edited:
Where did we come from?
-- We were created by God out of his love and for his glory.

What are we doing here?
-- Hopefully seeking his will, which can be done through a relationship with Christ through prayer and through the Bible.

Where do we go when we die?
-- That depends on how you respond to Christ's sacrifice on the cross.

Re: Re: Re: Re: why are we on earth?

annj said:

I wondered if anyone would catch on:wink:

Ooh, I want to catch on too!!!

But I just don't get it. :sad:

Nevermind, I understand now.

I can't remember what I wrote earlier...

1) Dad and mom got it on?

2) To mow the lawn so the neighborhood looks nice..

3) Hopefull spread out as ashes on the field at Fenway Park?

Dreadsox said:

2) To mow the lawn so the neighborhood looks nice..

:lmao:

I believe there are people that actually think that! :ohmy:

1. I came from a mail order company in Kansas--or that's what my stupid brother used to tell me....

2. Trying to make it last.

3. If you're good, they say you go to Heaven. If you're bad, I suspect you go to New Jersey.

Where did we come from?

A galaxy far, far away...perhaps some sort of experiment of creation by an unknown force. I do fall on the side of thinking there's a method in all of the madness.

What are we doing here?

Aside from thinking about what we're doing here, which most people don't, I believe, we're mindlessly hurting each other. I think the long-term goal has to be one of uninity, love, and togetherness. I have my cynical moments, but inspirations such as U2 make me believe the goal is possible.

Where do we go when we die?

I'm not sure, but I'm betting it's more interesting than we can imagine.

angelordevil said:
inspirations such as U2 make me believe the goal is possible.

And now you know one reason of many why I stay as optimistic as I do regarding that goal. I really don't think it's as hard as people claim it is. One of the big obstacles in achieving a more peaceful world is trying to get people to believe it is possible.

Are there days when that hope seems crazy? Oh, yeah. But I still hold on to it.

Angela

Where did we come from? Pluto was full so they brought us here

What are we doing here? chatting on interference; actually, we are here to spread love, the greatest "thing" in all of existance

Where do we go when we die? a fun place where U2 is always on the radio:|

Back
Top Bottom