Why are sex offenders running free...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the iron horse

Rock n' Roll Doggie
...in Florida and other places?

Most of them never serving their full sentence.

Out and free to roam and kill again?

But Martha Stewart is clamped with a security ankle bracelet and can't leave her house.

"Everything is wrong." ~Moby

the iron horse said:

Most of them never serving their full sentence.
Since there aren't any specifics to really talk about, I'm not sure how to discuss this part.

the iron horse said:

Out and free to roam and kill again?

Kill again? Are we talking sex offenders or murderers?

Words do have a definition, a meaning.

There are two dead girls in Floridas

and murdered human beings all over this planet.

When are we going to mad about this?

If you need specifics to post an answer on this thread,

you need to get awake.

Last edited:
the iron horse said:
This is not just a silly post.

There are two dead girls in Floridas

and murdered human beings all over this planet.

No one's claiming it's a silly post, there's just not much to discuss without specifics.

Yes murder has been around since the dawn of time, but I'm having a hard time finding your point. Is this thread about why do people murder, is it about sex offenders, I'm having a hard time figuring that out.

the iron horse said:

When are we going to mad about this?
I'm angry when any is murdered or a sexual assault occurs.:huh:

the iron horse said:

If you need specifics to post an answer on this thread,

you need to get awake.
I really don't think insults are necessary.

"Yes murder has been around since the dawn of time, but I'm having a hard time finding your point. Is this thread about why do people murder, is it about sex offenders, I'm having a hard time figuring that out."

I will try agaqin...

My point is why do we seem to continually let these criminals go free. Like I said, most of these offenders do not even serve their sentence.

When you read about these crimes, it almost always seems to be the case.

Why?

And why, again, do we see so much attention to Martha Stewart being held her house, but these killers run free?

I'm just sick of this evil.

Last edited:
I'd largely agree with Iron Horse that Martha Stewart was treated rather harshly given the nature of her offense. Actually, I'm surprised that she was even convicted in the first place. I honestly think there was an envy factor involved, something I thought I'd never see in America.

Also as regards sex offenders, in some cases they are treated too leniently in my view.

I'm not one of the "hang 'em and flog 'em" brigade, but below is a case (from Belgium) that cries out for appropriate justice (i.e., death penalty) in my view.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,3604,1462092,00.html

Last edited:
the iron horse said:
My point is why do we seem to continually let these criminals go free. Like I said, most of these offenders do not even serve their sentence.

When you read about these crimes, it almost always seems to be the case.

the important word here is "seems."

you should turn off the Nancy Grace and cable news outrage/sensationalism. the US is currently enjoying it's lowest crime rate since the mid-1960s. crimes, including murder, of children and adults, is way down.

this is not in anyway to dimish the horror of what has happened in Florida. but i think it's wrong to assume that there are more predators out there when the reality is that they're simply getting more time on the news because, 1) we have 3 competing 24-hour news networks, and 2) child abduction stories are the most emotional there are, and emotion equals ratings.

Without any specifics, a lot of this looks like the usual "the world is going to shit" propaganda.

Melon

Well it might be sensationalized, but the murder/rape of children by convicted sex offenders who are roaming free does seem to be a problem. It does seem to me that some people are more concerned w/ the offenders' rights than the rights of our children to be safe.

Will it ever get to the point where it's "just another dead child" or are we already there? :(

Maybe someone can locate some statistics

Back
Top Bottom