why are all the Iraq threads being moved to "War"? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-01-2005, 04:57 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by indra

I don't get this way of thinking. Are you saying that most of the people who frequent FYM aren't smart enough to click into one more forum to check out threads? And if you do think that, do you really want these really stupid people replying to the threads in the first place?

I'm not all that sure a War forum needs to exist,
but just because people don't choose to go into that forum or reply to topics in there doesn't mean the threads are being buried.
Indra,

You are right is does not need to exist anymore.

Is it just better for diehard Administation supporters that prefer things get buried in an inactive forum

Old 09-01-2005, 05:09 PM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by deep
Is it just better for diehard Administation supporters that prefer things get buried in an inactive forum
That's unfair deep. I doubt you really think I'm a "diehard Administration supporter" as I've made my personal views about the war perfectly clear on numerous occassions. The decision to encourage people to use the war forum for discussions about Iraq has nothing to do with attempting to bury bad news. It's simply that discussions about Iraq and the war on terror can sometimes swamp FYM meaning other topics are excluded and keeping threads in the appropriate forum will help to avoid that and enable people who don't wish to discuss Iraq to enjoy participating in threads on other subjects.

And while the war forum may be less active right now, if people make an effort to keep threads on Iraq in that subforum then it will quickly become more active, meaning that there won't be any question of 'burying' threads there.

Old 09-01-2005, 06:59 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by FizzingWhizzbees

discussions about Iraq and the war on terror can sometimes swamp FYM meaning other topics are excluded and keeping threads in the appropriate forum will help to avoid that and enable people who don't wish to discuss Iraq to enjoy participating in threads on other subjects.

I completely get what you are saying and agree that the swamping was a problem

but I have been analyzing it and monitoring it. * see below

a merge would leave one only war thread on page one of FYM

a drop is not a swamp

Quote:
When the War forum was created (March 2003) there was a need

20 threads in three days would have pushed other FYM topics off the first page.

Quote:
1. Hmmm, Interesting Photo 3-14-2003 10:48 AM
20. "So sorry but the war has not started yet chap..... " 03-11-2003 06:56 AM

Now 20 threads in two weeks would only move one thread off of the first page.

Quote:
1. What would you do? 09-01-2005 05:06 AM

20. The Toll Grows Higher 08-13-2005 11:09 AM
Old 09-02-2005, 06:45 AM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by FizzingWhizzbees

That's unfair deep. I doubt you really think I'm a "diehard Administration supporter" as I've made my personal views about the war perfectly clear on numerous occassions. The decision to encourage people to use the war forum for discussions about Iraq has nothing to do with attempting to bury bad news. It's simply that discussions about Iraq and the war on terror can sometimes swamp FYM meaning other topics are excluded and keeping threads in the appropriate forum will help to avoid that and enable people who don't wish to discuss Iraq to enjoy participating in threads on other subjects.
I think it is important to keep the forum as FRIENDLY as possible to people who would like to discuss issues.

Maybe deep would feel better if there were other issues a private room for discussion so it does not look to be to keep administration stuff out of the forum.

I personally found it refreshing when the war room was started because people were not coming to our forum as much when the war sarted.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:14 AM   #20
Creator of the Blue Crack

Quote:
Originally posted by deep

Indra,

You are right is does not need to exist anymore.

I'm anything but a diehard supporter. This has nothing to do with politics on my side. This has to do with the forum and it's subject matter.

Joel

FB me. IG me. Tweet me.