Who's Your Favorite US President?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Macfistowannabe said:
:scratch:

It was a dishonest mistake, he committed perjury by lying to the American people, and it represented the degrading of our ethical code of conduct. His actions represented our country as much as Bush's actions do. Adultery is a major mistake, and please don't ask me to define "adultery" for you.

Macfist, love you, but he lied about a blowjob--in a civil case--bankrolled by rightwingers for the sole purpose of bringing him down. From the minute Clinton entered office, that was the goal. Mind you I have my own problems with Clinton. But that little bit of technical perjury doesn't bother me much.

Adultery? Forgive me if I'm wrong, but you listed Kennedy as one of your favorites and that man was adulterating all over the place.

BonosSaint said:
Macfist, love you, but he lied about a blowjob--in a civil case--bankrolled by rightwingers for the sole purpose of bringing him down. From the minute Clinton entered office, that was the goal. Mind you I have my own problems with Clinton. But that little bit of technical perjury doesn't bother me much.

Adultery? Forgive me if I'm wrong, but you listed Kennedy as one of your favorites and that man was adulterating all over the place.
I should've mentioned Kennedy because of his influence over the Civil Rights movement - a great thing for the time, although yes, one can't be too fond over all of his actions. Clinton? There are some things to admire about the guy, especially keeping the economy fairly good over his course. I did wonder though - why anyone would say his moves into the Lewinsky scandal weren't even a mistake.

Hell, yes. He made a huge mistake with Lewinsky. I certainly questioned his judgment on that. He was too smart a man to risk it. So you want to say his judgment on some things was an issue, I'm the first to agree with you. But the actual "deed" did not affect his Presidency, the hullaballu over it did. Impeachment over a lie half the men in the world in the same boat would tell was frivilous. Based on that criteria, I would bet that almost every President (with the possible exception of Carter) was impeachable. It should be a rare procedure reserved for a high offense, not a political tool. I lost all respect for the Republican party after that and I haven't seen anything to reassure me since. (I'm not a big fan of the Democrats, either.)

John Adams...a key figure in the revolution and according to various sources he was an absorbing character

My FAVORITE President (not necessarily who I think was the best one) was James K. Polk, Napoleon of the Stump!

Back
Top Bottom