Who would Bin Laden vote for?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfwill23

War Child
If Bin Laden could cast a vote in the 2004 US election (besides the probable terrorist attacks that he'll unleash against the US during election time) who do you think he would vote for? Kerry or Bush?

I believe he would rather have Kerry in office which is why I will cast my vote for Bush.

I have lost a lot of faith in the president as of late, but killing and capturing terrorists is the thing that I am most concerned with these days. That said, I believe Bush would go after terrorists more agressively than Kerry.

wolfwill23 said:
I have lost a lot of faith in the president as of late, but killing and capturing terrorists is the thing that I am most concerned with these days. That said, I believe Bush would go after terrorists more agressively than Kerry.

I don't know if Bush is more successful than Kerry or not, but he'll surely be more aggressive. That's why Bin Laden or some of his buddies has already said that their prefered outcome would be Bush. He's apparently the perfect PR machine for their devilry. :sigh:

Whatever you want to do for publicity...

Marty

I really, really hate to think of bin Laden voting for my candidate, and I do plan to vote for Kerry. By the same token it wouldn't be fair to have him vote for Bush who is obviously no friend of terrorists. I think both candidates are totally against terrorists and would not want this :censored:'s vote. And for the record let's not stick Ralph Nader with this :censored:'s vote either; that's also not fair at all. They are all way too decent for a :censored: terrorist's vote.

Last edited:
Re: Re: Who would Bin Laden vote for?

Popmartijn said:

I don't know if Bush is more successful than Kerry or not, but he'll surely be more aggressive. That's why Bin Laden or some of his buddies has already said that their prefered outcome would be Bush. He's apparently the perfect PR machine for their devilry. :sigh:

Whatever you want to do for publicity...

Marty

If Bin Ladin is really for Bush, why did he launch a terrorist attack that knocked out a government that was one of Bush's largest supporters?

Bin Ladin wants governments like the one they helped to bring to power in Spain.

Who cares what bin Laden does or doesn't want?

And anyway, didn't some member of al Qaeda actually say the group endorsed Bush, as his primitive tactics are right on their level?

anitram said:
Who cares what bin Laden does or doesn't want?

And anyway, didn't some member of al Qaeda actually say the group endorsed Bush, as his primitive tactics are right on their level?

I agree this is a bullshit way to look at voting. And yes it was a thread in here that someone in the Al Queda camp said Bush's foreign policy is good for them.

Bin Laden probably would vote for Bush. Bush got rid of Hussein
who Bin Laden detested. It's laughable how that mental giant
Dubya tries to tie in Hussein with 9/11.
It was Bin Laden you big dummy. Bin Laden wanted nothing
to do with Hussein. So, the big question is.....why did our wonderful president start a war in Iraq when Hussein did not
have WMDs and no ties to 9/11???
Maybe to show his daddy that he's a big boy now. Look what
I did I finished your war daddy. Aren't you proud of me now?

wolfwill23 said:
I believe he would rather have Kerry in office which is why I will cast my vote for Bush.

That's quite probably the flimsiest reason for voting for (or against) someone that I've ever heard. :|

Re: Re: Who would Bin Laden vote for?

DaveC said:

That's quite probably the flimsiest reason for voting for (or against) someone that I've ever heard. :|

Being a New Yorker, I do not think it is a flimsy reason at all. The live images of 9/11 are still fresh in my head and I believe that Bush would do a better job than Kerry going after terrorists.

These are serious times, it's life or death, really. The American public is becoming complacent in the war on terror. But make no mistake, if terrorists get their hands on nukes or bios, they will use them on us first chance they get. Why? Not because we invaded Iraq, not because we have troops in Afganistan, not because they think Bush is a bad guy, but because they hate our way of life and want to kill each and every one of us (women and children included, of course.)

So I'd say voting for someone who you believe will do a better job at capturing/killing the terrorists is not a 'flimsy' thing to do at all.

Re: Re: Re: Who would Bin Laden vote for?

wolfwill23 said:

Being a New Yorker, I do not think it is a flimsy reason at all. The live images of 9/11 are still fresh in my head and I believe that Bush would do a better job than Kerry going after terrorists.

These are serious times, it's life or death, really. The American public is becoming complacent in the war on terror. But make no mistake, if terrorists get their hands on nukes or bios, they will use them on us first chance they get. Why? Not because we invaded Iraq, not because we have troops in Afganistan, not because they think Bush is a bad guy, but because they hate our way of life and want to kill each and every one of us (women and children included, of course.)

So I'd say voting for someone who you believe will do a better job at capturing/killing the terrorists is not a 'flimsy' thing to do at all.
Being a New Yorker has nothing to do with it, 9/11 will be in every Americans head for a long time to come. The statement you made originally has no sound basis. You cannot state who Bin Laden would vote for or why. We live in a different time and we need to approach life and defense differently. But please tell me how we are becoming complacent on the war on terrorism because I'm very interested in your answer.

I understand the connection to New York because I have two sisters there. One of them was still living in Lower Manhattan on 9/11 (she has since moved to Brooklyn where my other sister lives). I have never been so damn scared in my life trying to track them down. I don't think we're getting lax in the war on terrorism. I don't think I'm lax in the matter. I want to get rid of this :censored: stuff. There is controversy over the government's foreign policy these days, but I don't see that as letting up on the war on terrorism. It's continued involvement. We want to keep our buildings and airports and train stations and every other place in our country safe. I don't think that's changed. There's an election going on and of course there's going to be controversy over some policies. That's democracy. The day we stop practicing democracy is the day we stop fighting terrorism.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Who would Bin Laden vote for?

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Being a New Yorker has nothing to do with it, 9/11 will be in every Americans head for a long time to come.

Just to agree and disagree at the same time, I think being in NY when it happened would be slightly different to seeing it on a tv screen, but that said, it doesn't even mean just Americans. The rest of the world felt what happened.

I dont think Bin Laden would vote though. If he were able to vote, he'd be running his own party, One Nation style. But not quite. :huh:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who would Bin Laden vote for?

Angela Harlem said:

Just to agree and disagree at the same time, I think being in NY when it happened would be slightly different to seeing it on a tv screen, but that said, it doesn't even mean just Americans. The rest of the world felt what happened.

I agree, but I knew someone who died in the attack, and it just bothers me when someone tries to validate their argument that way.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who would Bin Laden vote for?

Angela Harlem said:

I dont think Bin Laden would vote though. If he were able to vote, he'd be running his own party, One Nation style. But not quite. :huh:

I agree. I remember seeing an interview with Jordan's Queen Noor shortly after the attack, and she pointed out that the name of the attacked buildings was the World Trade Center not the American Trade Center. It impacted the globe *along* with the U.S. and New York. And I don't think Bin Laden would vote either. He'd be running his own no-party, theocratic government if he had political power within a country. Political parties wouldn't be allowed. Wahhabist politics doesn't allow for secular partisan politics.

I think Bin Laden would vote for bush, because it's easier for him to paint the US as the land of evil whith a person like bush as president and therefore it's easier for him to get support in the arab world.
But - as others said, who cares what Bin Laden would vote for.

So what was the logic of your question?
Should we like Bush, just because Bin Laden dosn't?
Hitler didn't like Stalin, so everybody who dosn't like Hitler should like Stalin??

Which leader has done the most to remove Al Quada and Bin Ladin from the planet?

That answers the question of who Bin Ladin would vote for.

I don't think it matters who "Bin Ladin" and "Al Quada" would vote for.

And I'm demonstrating my apathy the best way a mod knows how!

:up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom