Who won this debate on CNN? Please vote

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CNN mini debate, who won se vid. clip

• Lynne

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Wolf

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • A draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dont care

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters
How many alters do you have to make your threads get those star things,,,,hehe

i see that both intellectual dishonesty and
pococurante apapthy rule supreme in the halls of FYM.

Lynne 2 Votes ------------18.18%
Wolf 4 Votes--------------36.36%
A draw 0 Votes ---------------0%
I dont care 5 Votes ------45.45%

shameful
:angry:

dbs

Intellectual dishonesty? That's quite funny.

I'll tell you what's intellectually dishonest: asking (and with a straight face, no less) someone who reports the bad news instead of ignoring it if they want our country to win.

Part of me expects no less than that sort of disgusting behavior from those behind this war in Iraq - that they would actually dare to call those who don't agree traitors (except of course, they're sneaky enough to only have it tacitly implicit (redundant?) in the question, rather than coming out and actually saying it in plain language). Another part of me is just as disgusted that those that are being given these stupid "Do you want America to win the war?" questions aren't fighting back more publicly and pointing out the utter hypocracy and idiocy inherent in those questions. Where are the Edward Murrows of our time?

"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. When the loyal opposition dies, I think the soul of America dies with it."

Bah with all due respect to both combatants, I try not to partake in watching the current sorry state of network US news.

You've got crazy-ass Fox news doing their thing, and CNN and everyone else has to adjust how they do business to not be seen as 'liberal'. And of course this interview is another example of a typical primetime interview hit job where someone is called in to discuss a non-important issue and then has the weight of the world stacked upon them on live TV.

CHENEY PRAISES WIFE'S 'SLAPDOWN' OF CNN'S WOLF BLITZER
Mon Oct 30 2006 13:07:04 ET

In a sit-down interview with Neil Cavuto set to air on FOX NEWS at 4pm EST, Vice President Cheney praises his wife's performance on CNN last Friday when she challenged the cable news network's editorial bias:

CAVUTO: Your wife, Mr. Vice President, created a little bit of a stir in an appearance on a rival news network last week, taking exception to the way that network portrayed the economy, the government, that things are going to hell in a hand basket. I'm sort of paraphrasing here. Actually, she was much more to the point that I'm being. What did you think of that?

THE VICE PRESIDENT: I thought it was great. We refer to it around the house as the "slapdown." And she was very tough, but she was very accurate and very aggressive. And of course, she was in the business for a while. There was a time on that network when she used to host the show they had on for a long time called "Crossfire," on Sundays for a couple of years. So she spoke her mind, and I thought it was perfectly appropriate.

CAVUTO: Did she go into that kind of ticked off because she saw this week-long series on -- one day a time -- everything that's bad with America, and she just said, you know what, I'm going to let it rip?

THE VICE PRESIDENT: I'm sure she'd seen part of it, but, no, I think she just responded to the moment. But she's pretty tough and pretty aggressive, and that's exactly the way it ought to be. She presented, I though, a very strong case.

CAVUTO: Did you talk to her prior to her going on?

THE VICE PRESIDENT: No.

CAVUTO: Did you talk to her afterwards?

THE VICE PRESIDENT: I did.

CAVUTO: What did you tell her?

THE VICE PRESIDENT: I told her I thought it was a sterling performance.

Developing...

Back
Top Bottom