Who won GOP Debate on CNN tonight Jan 30 2008?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I did not watch (yet - have it on TIVO, is it worth watching, will it even matter?)

but McCain

won the pre-game show > Rudy

and

the post-game show > Arnold

deep said:
I did not watch (yet - have it on TIVO, is it worth watching, will it even matter?)

but McCain

won the pre-game show > Rudy

and

the post-game show > Arnold

Watch it!

1-Romney
2-McCain
3-Huck
5-Paul

Romney did well, and he desperately needed to. I think McCain is going too far attacking him for his GMA comments.

It does him little good now, but Huckabee by a mile. I thought McCain and Romney spent way too much of their time bickering about Iraq and whom supported what, when.
Sorta like Democrats, albeit in reverse.

Huckabee gave splendid answers about "abortion," "looking into the eyes of Putin" and "Would Ronald Reagan endorse you?"

INDY500 said:

Huckabee gave splendid answers about "abortion."

It is not really spectaculor when he says that he would never ever vote against life, while being pro-death penalty and having allowed more deaths by death penalty than any other candidate. Also at the same time having admitted (in a previous debate) that he takes the Bible word for word. Very, very hypocritical. I can't see how someone who says he follows the Bible literally and his very pro-life could be so for the death penalty.

Last edited:
coemgen said:
According to Time.com:

McCain B
Paul C +
Romney D +
Huckabee D

All the proof one needs that Huckabee did indeed win.

One doesn't speak unkindly of Time's Man of The Year and not get slapped down for it.

INDY500 said:

All the proof one needs that Huckabee did indeed win.

One doesn't speak unkindly of Time's Man of The Year and not get slapped down for it.

:rolleyes:

i think Time is trying to both create a narrative and follow the narrative, so they can look back at how accurate they were.

coemgen said:
According to Time.com:

McCain B
Paul C +
Romney D +
Huckabee D

Completely the opposite!!!
Huckabee won by a mile (and I'm NOT a Republican by any means)
If if wasn't for the fact that he's connected to some scary characters( does Tim LaHaye ring a bell) and would probably be influenced to turn the U.S. into a full blown Theocracy...if it wasn't for that I'd vote for him in a second over any of those other boobs.

Harry Vest said:

Completely the opposite!!!
Huckabee won by a mile (and I'm NOT a Republican by any means)
If if wasn't for the fact that he's connected to some scary characters( does Tim LaHaye ring a bell) and would probably be influenced to turn the U.S. into a full blown Theocracy...if it wasn't for that I'd vote for him in a second over any of those other boobs.

since you're being honest, where do you think Romney placed overall?

and I think Huck only scored first on the last question, Romney came in 2nd on the last question.

dbs

So what was the Time.com poll after the Democratic debate. I'd bet it goes some thing like:

Obama A++
Clinton A+

With certainly no chance in hell that either was seen as lower than McCain's B.

Call it a hunch.

INDY500 said:
So what was the Time.com poll after the Democratic debate. I'd bet it goes some thing like:

Obama A++
Clinton A+

Call it a hunch.

Everything liberal is wrong and everything wrong is liberal, right?

INDY500 said:

Obama A++
Clinton A+

Call it a hunch.

You know for followers of a party that's been in just about unopposed control for nearly a decade and did everything they wanted to do, you guys really have an odd sense of persecution.

Diemen said:

Oh come on. You're smarter than that.

Just a bit of levity on a Friday night. But seriously, what was the Time.com rating from last nights debate? I can't find it and I am curious. It was billed as the first one-on-one debate and the "Big Showdown" before Super Tuesday.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom