Who was Lee Harvey Oswald?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Macfistowannabe

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
A young man, out for attention
A Marxist, and Fidel Castro advocate
Possibly dyslexic
A US Marine
Nicknamed "Ozzie Rabbit"
A self-taught Russian speaker
Suicidal
A father
A husband
A wife beater
The attempted assassin of General Edwin Walker

Lho-133A.jpg

...and the assassin of JFK?

Oswald was a patsy, in my view. The above photo is faked, incidentally. Look at the way the head is out of sync with the rest of the body.

There's evidence that he couldn't have hit a cow's backside with a tennis racket let alone shoot the president with a poor rifle from that distance.

Oswald was an intriguing character nevertheless. He seemingly defected to Soviet Russia only to return (and be allowed back into America) shortly afterwards and then be accepted into the White Russian (i.e., anti-communist) society in Dallas. Odd that someone who had taken up communism would be accepted by that community.

Unless, of course, he was a double agent working for US intelligence, and not a true communist, which in my view is the most plausible explanation.

financeguy's right here. A government teacher I had in high school is an expert on this stuff (he literally has been visited by the FBI to not share certain things, I kid you not. I've written stories on him for the paper.) We had a symposium here with a number of the actual witnesses and even Oswald's wife. There are so many crazy, freaky things tied to this. For one, many of the witnesses happened to die within a few years of the event.

coemgen said:
A government teacher I had in high school is an expert on this stuff (he literally has been visited by the FBI to not share certain things, I

I'd better shut up so.

Two words: Corsican hitmen

Oswald may have been the assassin, however his connections and actions do raise certain questions about motivation.

Have you guys seen the photo from the grassy knoll all blown up and stuff? You can see a police officers hat and another dude there. It's creepy. I'll try to find the name of the book I got around the time we studied it. It was really interesting (it was so detailed it even included autopsy photos). My teacher also said it was a great book for someone just getting into it.

You know coemgen, this stuff happened a long time ago. The 1960's were a different world to today.

It's interesting to read up on and stuff but there are a lot of trails that just end up leading nowhere in particular. Maybe it's better to let sleeping dogs lie at this stage.

coemgen said:
Have you guys seen the photo from the grassy knoll all blown up and stuff? You can see a police officers hat and another dude there. It's creepy. I'll try to find the name of the book I got around the time we studied it. It was really interesting (it was so detailed it even included autopsy photos). My teacher also said it was a great book for someone just getting into it.

Was the book called "JFK: The Last Dissenting Witness"? If so, that's a very good book.

80sU2isBest said:

Was the book called "JFK: The Last Dissenting Witness"? If so, that's a very good book.

I haven't read that one, but I read one called "Crossfire - the Plot that killed Kennedy" by Jim Marrs. Basically it's a summary of all the various conspiracy theories. Anyway, gotta go....I have these nice gentleman from the police with me. Nothing sinister, they just want to chat....:wink:

The shot came from the Grassy Knoll!! :wink:

Seriously though, my dad is a big Kennedy-phile, he knows everything about it and took me to the Book Depository. Seeing that old footage--the shot rings out and everyone runs to the hill to catch the culprit, not the book depository.

Interestingly, you can't look out *the* window Oswald did, it's fenced off. Probably because, as my dad argues, you couldn't make the shot from there.

The Book Depository is lots of fun. They spend so much time telling you there isn't a conspiracy that it has the opposite effect.

I have read more books than I care to admit on the subject.

I do believe that Lee Harvey was an agent of the United States Governement. I do not believe it would have been possible for him to have defected, renounced his citizenship, and returned to the US.

I believe that he lost his mind when Kennedy did not back Operation Mongoose and the Bay of Pigs invasion. I believe he was the perfect patsy.

AvsGirl41 said:
The shot came from the Grassy Knoll!! :wink:

Seriously though, my dad is a big Kennedy-phile, he knows everything about it and took me to the Book Depository. Seeing that old footage--the shot rings out and everyone runs to the hill to catch the culprit, not the book depository.

Interestingly, you can't look out *the* window Oswald did, it's fenced off. Probably because, as my dad argues, you couldn't make the shot from there.

The Book Depository is lots of fun. They spend so much time telling you there isn't a conspiracy that it has the opposite effect.

Yea I visited the Book Depository/Museum too and was convinced by the time I left that there were multiple shooters - whether Oswald was one of them or not.

Back
Top Bottom