Who thinks Arnie will run for president next time?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lockandload

Babyface
Do you think this will happen? I know the constitution would need to be amended for it to be legal. Maybe in 2012 he'll be able to run.

I thought you'd all also like to know that they're still hot for each other :wink: The VF cover is Arnie on a bike w/ leather jacket, Maria on the back in some white flowy dress..

" Don't worry about Arnold Schwarzenegger ever becoming president. ''It is not going to happen," wife Maria Shriver says rather emphatically in the new issue of Vanity Fair. ''The process takes years, and this is as far as it goes." But in the same story, Ted Kennedy's niece says she'd favor a constitutional amendment allowing foreign-born citizens to run for president. ''Absolutely. America is a nation of immigrants." In the cover story, which hits newsstands next week, California's first lady and her aging action-hero husband open up about politics and their private life. ''You have to know the person in front of you. You have to be able to separate what your reality is [and] what other people's perceptions are," Shriver says, addressing those reports of Schwarzenegger's rampant womanizing. ''We're still engaged with each other, hot for each other, into each other." She says people assumed she'd marry a preppy like John Kerry, but she ''wanted someone different . . . I married my authentic self. For his part, the governor says that, just like in the movies, he's not always the good guy. ''This is what she fell in love with -- me," Schwarzenegger says. ''This is the way I am -- outrageous, out there. And it comes with things that are not all rosy."

vfea11302004.jpg

Last edited:
All it takes is one phone call from a DNC operative outlining the information that will be raised about Arnold's life - from his treatment of women to the questions of his father's affiliations. If you thought SBVT were bad.....

nbcrusader said:
All it takes is one phone call from a DNC operative outlining the information that will be raised about Arnold's life - from his treatment of women to the questions of his father's affiliations. If you thought SBVT were bad.....

such is the present state of american politics...arnold's present position, and the manner in which he attained it, is illustrative of the wackiness.

Yeah, the eight-month long presidential campaigns in the U.S. sure do knock some of the best people out of the mix. This is not the way to get the best candidates.:mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

I don't think Arnie would make it as president even if we passed the amendment. Unless he ran as a democrat.

Macfistowannabe said:
I don't think Arnie would make it as president even if we passed the amendment. Unless he ran as a democrat.

I really don't think either party would want them on their ticket. It helped the Republicans at the time and his policies work in California, but he's too liberal in some areas for the Republicans to endorce him. And most Democrats from what I here can't stand him.

I find him incredibly irritating, and although I thank God that he's no longer making movies, I do not want to see him in politics for long.

nbcrusader said:

...which is why Bill Maher suggested that the ideal candidates for 2008 would be Arnie vs. Bill Clinton: because they both have such shady pasts they'd actually have to stick to the issues during the campaign. It would be the "Let's Not Even Go There" campaign. :laugh:

joyfulgirl said:

...which is why Bill Maher suggested that the ideal candidates for 2008 would be Arnie vs. Bill Clinton: because they both have such shady pasts they'd actually have to stick to the issues during the campaign. It would be the "Let's Not Even Go There" campaign. :laugh:

Now that's an idea. What better way to force the guys to actually discuss issues I give a damn about? :wink:

I am a fiscal conservative, and a social liberal. I am also a practical person who feels that it takes strong ideals to get this nation moving.

I'd quite possibly vote for Arnold for President in 2008 or 2012, I'd also like to see Michigan Gov. Jennifer Granholm run for President. She has lived in the US since she was 4, but was born in Canada.

Nate

Ok, deep breath to calm self....

Are there really people out there who take Arnold seriously as a politician? My friends who live in CA say anyone they know who voted for him did so because it was hilarious.

Although I agree the constitutional provision prohibiting naturalized citizens from running for president is archaic, I don't believe the conservative bigots in this country would vote for a foreign-born candidate any more than they'd vote for a black man.

Maybe that's a bit cynical, but hell, Bush played the race card against McCain in 2000, talking in the South about his adopted Cambodian (?) daughter.

I voted for Arnold for Governor because I thought he could do something for California, not because it was funny. That said, I would not vote for him for President. I am also against amending the Constitution at this point because that isn't something that should be done for one potentional candidate, which would be the case with the people behind this drive for the amendment.

Despite calling themselves "friends of Arnold," Arnold himself said on Larry King a few weeks ago that he is not affiliated with the group that is pushing for the amendment and has no plans to run for higher office. I think he is as aware as anyone that the skeletons in his closet would not bode well for any presidential aspirations anyway.

tennispunk said:
Are there really people out there who take Arnold seriously as a politician?
Being that California was losing billions and billions of dollars, Arnold was the poster boy in the recount election. From what I've seen, he's doing a decent job for the most part.

joyfulgirl said:

:lol:

there were a lot of people who thought jesse the body ventura was a joke, too... including me... and he turned out to be a pretty good governor. arnold is turning out to be good, as well. just because you're not a life long politician doesn't mean you can't be a good leader. arnold is a self made millionaire. he IS a very smart man, despite the impression that his movies tend to give out. do ya really think maria schriver would marry a moron?

Back
Top Bottom