Who thinks Arnie will run for president next time? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Old 11-30-2004, 06:00 PM   #16
The Fly
Local Time: 07:58 AM
I am a fiscal conservative, and a social liberal. I am also a practical person who feels that it takes strong ideals to get this nation moving.

I'd quite possibly vote for Arnold for President in 2008 or 2012, I'd also like to see Michigan Gov. Jennifer Granholm run for President. She has lived in the US since she was 4, but was born in Canada.

Old 11-30-2004, 07:34 PM   #17
Location: Chicago till July, then moving to Belfast for grad school
Local Time: 05:58 AM
Ok, deep breath to calm self....

Are there really people out there who take Arnold seriously as a politician? My friends who live in CA say anyone they know who voted for him did so because it was hilarious.

Although I agree the constitutional provision prohibiting naturalized citizens from running for president is archaic, I don't believe the conservative bigots in this country would vote for a foreign-born candidate any more than they'd vote for a black man.

Maybe that's a bit cynical, but hell, Bush played the race card against McCain in 2000, talking in the South about his adopted Cambodian (?) daughter.

Old 11-30-2004, 07:48 PM   #18
The Flower
Local Time: 03:58 AM
I voted for Arnold for Governor because I thought he could do something for California, not because it was funny. That said, I would not vote for him for President. I am also against amending the Constitution at this point because that isn't something that should be done for one potentional candidate, which would be the case with the people behind this drive for the amendment.

Despite calling themselves "friends of Arnold," Arnold himself said on Larry King a few weeks ago that he is not affiliated with the group that is pushing for the amendment and has no plans to run for higher office. I think he is as aware as anyone that the skeletons in his closet would not bode well for any presidential aspirations anyway.
Old 11-30-2004, 08:13 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Originally posted by tennispunk
Are there really people out there who take Arnold seriously as a politician?
Being that California was losing billions and billions of dollars, Arnold was the poster boy in the recount election. From what I've seen, he's doing a decent job for the most part.
Old 11-30-2004, 08:18 PM   #20
Forum Moderator

Originally posted by joyfulgirl

...which is why Bill Maher suggested that the ideal candidates for 2008 would be Arnie vs. Bill Clinton: because they both have such shady pasts they'd actually have to stick to the issues during the campaign. It would be the "Let's Not Even Go There" campaign.
"Knight in shining Zubaz."

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 12-02-2004, 03:18 AM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 11:58 AM
damn it ..u all dont like arnie
Old 12-02-2004, 05:59 AM   #22
Blue Crack Distributor
there were a lot of people who thought jesse the body ventura was a joke, too... including me... and he turned out to be a pretty good governor. arnold is turning out to be good, as well. just because you're not a life long politician doesn't mean you can't be a good leader. arnold is a self made millionaire. he IS a very smart man, despite the impression that his movies tend to give out. do ya really think maria schriver would marry a moron?