Who really gets your goat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2bonogirl

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Back on the blue crack after a long break
Okay, taking a sort of poll here.....
Who really pisses you off? Tell me why. Give me a really good reason.
One rule
It cant be Bush
Not because Im against people bashing him, but because to be honest, its gotten really boring:|
and just hearing people bitch about bush isnt going to give us any variety:wink:
So tell me......

Who is it?

Jerry Falwell. He's such a hypocrite. Preaching God's love and Jesus on one hand then being utterly closed minded and intolerant on the other. Whenever I see him on TV he's always jabbing his finger saying something negative about something or someone. His ego is bigger than his mansion in Lynchburg, where he spent $1 million (I think) just for a foot wide wall to go around his home that guards could walk on. He should spend less money on himself and more on those he professes to care about, the poor. OK stop me now before I go on. :mad:

u2bonogirl said:
thats pretty vague, but that'll work

Well basically anyone I specifically call out someone out there will love and then I'll be placed on someone's piss off list, and well I'm already on too many of those in here.

There's probably very few living people that one can list that everyone would agree on. I mean Bin Laden(I speak about in this forum) would be a safe bet and probably a few others, but no matter what anyone else there will be people on both sides, even Faldwell, which is scary I know, but you don't become that infamous without some type of following.

Last edited:
BonoVoxSupastar said:

Well basically anyone I specifically call out someone out there will love and then I'll be placed on someone's piss off list, and well I'm already on too many of those in here.

You can never be on too many shit lists! ;)

I get really irritated by these Citizens For Community Values groups (I think there is a group called that in the SW Ohio area, and there are loads of them elsewhere...various pious named, same bullshit). They are the types of groups who get their shorts all in a twist over Spongebob and the like. The local one (or ones...I'm sure there are several) routinely gets worked up over plays and art exhibits as well as the local Hustler store (which does a booming business...I think it might be the top selling Hustler store in the US. Hmmm...I think that says something about the "community values!").

It really irritates me that they wish to prevent good things (such as the Robert Mapplethorpe exhibit "The Perfect Moment" which was a great exhibit, btw) from coming into the area simply because they have such filthy minds and they think everyone else does too (and I do believe that so many of the people who are so damned horrified at the "lack of morals" are little more than closet perverts themselves). Seems to me they should worry about their own little minds before trying to attack anyone else.

Good enough rant for ya? :D

Last edited:
that was excellent!
I was pretty irked by the whole spongebob thing myself:rolleyes:
kinda childish if you ask me.....
my grandma had an art gallery once upon a time and she was going to have a group of kids coming in to have a tour

well, she chose that week for her nude art exhibit:lol:
She thought they would get a kick out of it

u2bonogirl said:
that was excellent!
I was pretty irked by the whole spongebob thing myself:rolleyes:
kinda childish if you ask me.....
my grandma had an art gallery once upon a time and she was going to have a group of kids coming in to have a tour

well, she chose that week for her nude art exhibit:lol:
She thought they would get a kick out of it

Ha! I love it!

When I was growing up my dad collected antiques and he got this very cool carved chair which we called the Naked Lady chair (for obvious reasons). Well, one time my mom had a meeting of the women's society of our church at our house and of course seating was in a variety of the antique chairs. Sooo the last woman to arrive got the Naked Lady chair (everyone else had avoided it). This woman looked at the chair in disgust, picked up her scarf, and gingerly draped it over the breasts of the naked ladies (there were two). My mom said it was all she could do not to burst out laughing!

BonoVoxSupastar said:
The hypocrites, the arrogant, the ignorant, and the hateful.

I got a brother like that.

Except for him, if I have to pick someone in politics it's Hillary Clinton.

Last edited:
indra said:

Ha! I love it!

When I was growing up my dad collected antiques and he got this very cool carved chair which we called the Naked Lady chair (for obvious reasons). Well, one time my mom had a meeting of the women's society of our church at our house and of course seating was in a variety of the antique chairs. Sooo the last woman to arrive got the Naked Lady chair (everyone else had avoided it). This woman looked at the chair in disgust, picked up her scarf, and gingerly draped it over the breasts of the naked ladies (there were two). My mom said it was all she could do not to burst out laughing!
:eeklaugh:
thats hilarious!
I would pick the naked lady chair first:yes:

I agree u2kitten
Hillary clinton pisses me off :madspit:

you know who else really pisses me off? Britney fucking spears:rant:
she makes a bad image for women and girls......furthermore, people like her make 10 year old girls want to show half their arse to the whole world, and push up whatever boob they have because they think its going to get them a guy...
Yeah, a trailor trash loser with crumbs in his beard:rolleyes:
okay, enough rant from me
this thread was supposed to be about what pisses off other people:D

I'm surprised no one has named Rush Limbaugh yet - so I will!

What a hypocritical gasbag he is. And I have rather personal reasons for disliking him. My father is a big fan. Ever since he started listening to his show, he seems to have lost all capability of independent thought. He takes whatever Rush says as gospel truth. :mad:

I totally relate. My da LOVES rush limbaugh :crack:
I used to have to listen to his show every time we went on family trips.....
I love the use of the word "gasbag" :laugh:

james dobson really pisses me off too:|
what the feck is so gay about a friggin sea sponge?
and for that matter the christian coalition that jumped all over bono's arse when he said fuck on tv.
It happened so long ago and they STILL bring it up!
Like none of them have ever said fuck?
fuck fuck fuck
there i said it.
:rolleyes:
personally I find it adorable when bono says fuck:D

In general - egomaniacs, phonies, self-absorbed people, cruel people, abusive people, liars, cheats, hypocrites

Specifically- maybe Rumsfeld, Ann Coulter-even though she's just laughable, she still irritates me. Bin Laden is an obvious choice

Maybe also the NY Yankees and George Steinbrenner :wink: not as much as they used to :happy:

u2bonogirl said:
Okay, taking a sort of poll here.....
Who really pisses you off? Tell me why. Give me a really good reason.
One rule
It cant be Bush
Not because Im against people bashing him, but because to be honest, its gotten really boring:|
and just hearing people bitch about bush isnt going to give us any variety:wink:
So tell me......

Who is it?

The Extreme Left and the Extreme Right

yeah, Im gonna have to agree on that too.
Im one of those people who actively skates down the center of a lot of things. I disagree with the idea that you have to be either totally one or the other. It annoys me when politicians go with an idea just because it goes along with whatever party they support. Why cant they just do whats right?:shrug:
oh yeah:| its politics

Michael Moore. I find him and his tactics extremely obnoxious. (even though he has some good points, yes)

I agree. I wasnt going to say anything about michael moore....I actually liked fahrenheit but I dont much care for him.
He could be more objective than he is, but I guess thats hollywood for you. :rolleyes:
Hes some sort of hero for making a narrowminded documentary. Not that Im totally fond of bush myself, but hes not really a monster

I agree with you U2democrat, I can't stand Jerry Falwell. From the first time I ever heard of the guy he's struck me as a total hypocrite. No wonder you liked my story about me picketing a meeting of his group and almost getting busted for parading without a permit (it was a stupid technicality as I was just standing in a parking lot holding a sign).

Anyone who posts in FYM....man you all get on my flipping nerves:madspit:

Back
Top Bottom