Who really gets your goat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ahhhh I can't take it anymore!

Bill O'Reilly... "blah blah blah very obviously biased rant" :blahblah: Then "Welcome to my NO SPIN ZONE! Fair and balanced coverage!". Uh, sure dude, no spin. And Adam Clayton has agreed to marry me! He's flying over this weekend for the wedding, and we'll be walking down the aisle in Popmart outfits. :happy:

Wolves, mostly.

;)

Snobs, people who look down on you because you don't have their job.

People who come into the pet store I work at, and ask "do you work here?" when I have my hand, in a fish tank, and I'm cleaning the algae off the glass.

People who prefer to live in ignorance and have no respect for history, tradition, knowledge, culture, or anything of the sort.

Hateful, discriminatory people like one fellow in my grade at high school who, once I told him what the Holocaust was [yes, he seriously did not know!], proclaimed it was a good thing because it got rid of people he didn't like.

I could rant for hours ...

:huh: he didnt know what the holocaust was?
what has happened to history classes?

hey neutral, I expect an invite to that wedding of yours. can I have bono for a date?
maybe I can be the maid of honor, and he can be the best man. They always end up getting it on in the end:wink:

u2bonogirl said:
wow, what an arse:|

I had to spend five years of high school with the guy. I'm glad to be out. My brain feels safer now.

u2bonogirl said:
I get mad at myself for losing my keys all the time:rolleyes:

Ah, see I don't have that problem, I've this rather large keychain from U2.com.

Should get one of those beeping things, press the button and follow the noise to your keys.

thrillme said:

Should get one of those beeping things, press the button and follow the noise to your keys.

You'll be really stuffed when you lose the beeping thing's button.

Bono's shades said:

No boos from me. Oprah's show was cool back when she first started. Now she is unbearable. :down:

I loved Oprah back in the day. She allowed discussion and debate on a myriad of topics and really seemed to respect her audience. As for her audience, ladies, get a life.

Bono's shades said:
I'm surprised no one has named Rush Limbaugh yet - so I will!

What a hypocritical gasbag he is. And I have rather personal reasons for disliking him. My father is a big fan. Ever since he started listening to his show, he seems to have lost all capability of independent thought. He takes whatever Rush says as gospel truth. :mad:

I would recommend this, if you haven't heard it already.
http://www.drewdaniels.com/rush.html

Axver said:

Yep, your ex-classmate is cringeworthy in his Holocaust views.

But I found his comment that he could smell the colour purple interesting. The ability to "smell" colours or "see" sound (and other crossing of the senses) is called synaesthesia. See the link below for more information.

What is Synaesthesia?

thrillme said:

Trust me, the beeper would last all of five seconds before it was lost in the abyss.....
I have a habit of losing bloody everything:rolleyes: I can totally sympathise with bono on that one.
I hear ya mate! hooray for scatterbrained people like us

indra said:

Yep, your ex-classmate is cringeworthy in his Holocaust views.

But I found his comment that he could smell the colour purple interesting. The ability to "smell" colours or "see" sound (and other crossing of the senses) is called synaesthesia. See the link below for more information.

What is Synaesthesia?

Yes, I've heard of that - and upon further looking into it, I am fairly certain he doesn't have it and is just trying to have the rest of us on (and looking quite foolish in the process).

I take serious issue with the following figures and as such they really get my goat.

Josef Stalin
Adolf Hitler
Mao Zedong
Benito Mussolini
Kim Il Sung
Kim Jong Il
Fulgencio Batista
Fidel Castro
Che Guevarra
Nicolai Ceausescu
Augusto Pinochet
Mohammed Suharto
Idi Amin
Pol Pot
Saddam Hussein
Ayatollah Khomeini
Mullah Omar
Osama bin Laden
Ayman al Zawahiri
Abu Musab al Zarqawi
Riduan Isamuddin
Abu Bakar Bashir
Yasser Arafat
Shiek Yassin
Abdel Aziz Rantisi

u2bonogirl said:

Trust me, the beeper would last all of five seconds before it was lost in the abyss.....
I have a habit of losing bloody everything:rolleyes: I can totally sympathise with bono on that one.
I hear ya mate! hooray for scatterbrained people like us

Hehe me too. I got this keychain with a little clasp thing, so I just attach it to my sweater, backpack, anything so long as my keys are attached to something bigger than the keys themselves.

Ever go to get something, then completely blank out and forget what you went to get? Hate that.

A_Wanderer said:
I take serious issue with the following figures and as such they really get my goat.

Josef Stalin
Adolf Hitler
Mao Zedong
Benito Mussolini
Kim Il Sung
Kim Jong Il
Fulgencio Batista
Fidel Castro
Che Guevarra
Nicolai Ceausescu
Augusto Pinochet
Mohammed Suharto
Idi Amin
Pol Pot
Saddam Hussein
Ayatollah Khomeini
Mullah Omar
Osama bin Laden
Ayman al Zawahiri
Abu Musab al Zarqawi
Riduan Isamuddin
Abu Bakar Bashir
Yasser Arafat
Shiek Yassin
Abdel Aziz Rantisi
my grandpa has this paper pinned up on the wall. It says top ten people who really piss me off
Then theres a section for people who pissed him off that day
and another for permanent residents :lol:
maybe I should get you one:D

I can't stand it when people say inappropriate, ignorant, insensitive, and hurtful things- then feign innocence and twist everything around to try to make themselves the victim

Yeah, that gets my goat

MrsSpringsteen said:
I can't stand it when people say inappropriate, ignorant, insensitive, and hurtful things- then feign innocence and twist everything around to try to make themselves the victim

Yeah, that gets my goat

Welcome to the club. Some of these are (symbolically, of course) going to land in my next painting in a pretty damned unflattering light--they're going to be representated as objects I'm kicking in the street! (The imagery is inspired by Green Day's "Boulevard of Broken Dreams). Admittedly a really crazy thing to do during Lent. But the picture in my avatar is a protest against incivility and Ash Wednesday doesn't change my intense dislike of this s:censored:t.

Last edited:
MrsSpringsteen said:

Yeah, that gets my goat
My ex boyfriend used to do that

I officially loathe that behaviour

A_Wanderer said:

Fulgencio Batista
Fidel Castro

not allowed to be on the same list!

if one is evil-doer

than current rational dictates the other is (was) with us (US)

"than current rational dictates the other is (was) with us (US)"

Your list is fine.

most red-staters would remove
Batista.
Batista consistently received US support.

Back
Top Bottom