Who really gets your goat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ashlee Simpson.
Everyone has a right to make a living, but she is blatantly riding the coattails of her sisters' success. She can't sing, can't act, and the fact that she dyes her hair to try and differentiate herself from her sister makes me cringe.

It's just wrong, and a lot of people who wouldn't know good music if it slapped them silly follow her like sheep as if she is a real musician.

Bleck.
End rant!

It just rubs me wrong.

Hip-hop artists. Not all of them, but most of them. I'm not saying hip-hop as a form of music pisses me off - that's a different question/debate/post altogether - I'm saying the majority of the hip-hoppers themselves piss me off, and I'll tell you why; The 2004 MTV Video Music Awards(a show celebrated for its prestige and classiness /sarcasm) were held in Miami, Florida. Seeing as the VMAs are usually held in New York, this was a change of scenery and to spice the event of up further, they had many of the artists preforming and being nominated for awards, arrive at the venue in Miami on yachts, rather than limos. The venue is right on a harbor, so it wasn't a problem. Allow me to mention at this point that the 2004 VMAs were dominated by hip-hop. So, on the VMA pre-show(which aired in the hour immediatly preceeding the actual show), we got to watch these hip-hoppers, namely Usher, R.Kelly, Jay-Z, et al arrive in the harbor, at the venue, on their yachts. Not yachts that they rented, mind you, and not yachts that other people owned. No, they arrived on their own personal yachts, while decked out in their white suits and shades and 'bling-bling', acting all cool and suave. Now, what is the first thing you think when I describe that picture to you? I'll tell you what it should be: These guys are filthy, dirty, slimy, grimy, smelly, rich. Yet in the songs that paid for all this stuff, they rap about the anguish of living in the hood. And they arrive on their yachts. Rap about the anguish of living in the hood...Actually live in ridiculously large houses in Hollywood/Miami/NY/etc. The hypocrisy of it all is astounding. And that pisses me off.

most days i really love people, even conservatives (i have to love my dad):wink: and then there are days like today when everyone from ashlee simpson to those who say she is the one that annoys her the most annoy me. now i'm not actually saying that anyone who lists her as annoying is actually annoying. but isn't it annoying that we allow dumb fucks to make us mad. why do we care about usher, r. kelly, spears etc? does anyone else find it frustrating that we care about celebrities? i'm not ragging on anyone here, because i'm just as guilty.....please people do not think i actually find any of you annoying

The RIAA, I don't think it's fair to sue the life out of a thirteen year old girl who lives in the ghetto. She didn't even know what she was doing was illegal - she paid for her Kazaa service.

I'm not a big fan of piracy, I do wish the situation would have been handled better.

Nelly, too. As if selling 10 million per album doesn't make you filthy rich.

"We really look at it as stealing," Nelly's pull quote in the print ad reads, "because to us it's black and white, either you pay for it or you don't. And, you're not paying for it."

FYI, This is coming from someone who is going to waste your money on jewelry, stupid clothes, and strippers.

:| yeah....I have a few issues with rappers too.
I think everything I think has already been stated though so I dont really need to go into it.
I really like the disposable heroes of hiphoprisy though:yes:
Ashlee simpson is a slap in the face of actual entertainment.
Note that I didnt even say music.
Shes even shameful to entertainment
Maybe cher should kick her ass:laugh:

Marylin Musgrave. and, no, i'm not from Colorado, but i am against absolutely everything that woman stands for.

why? her record is almost entirely devoted to an increasingly creepy obsession with homosexuality. Musgrave doesn't only promote several bills denying gay couples any recognition under the law under any name, she also voted against including them in anti-discrimination policies in employment. her other obsession is the reintroduction of the military draft, and virulent opposition to any legal abortions, including those caused by rape or incest.

Musgrave was the only member of the Colorado legislature to vote against a bill to create a registry of people convicted of domestic violence. she voted against a bill requiring schools to come up with a safety plan to combat bullying. she was one of only three state senators to vote against a bill barring female genital mutilation.

and Bush referred to her as "Marilyn" when endorsing her federal constitutional amendment to ban gay citizens from having the right to marry.

she is also what the Republican party, under George W. Bush, is becoming.

Non-secularists. I don't care what people believe religiously. You can hate gay people, black people, white people, Asians, men, women, Jews, Mormons, Muslims, Catholics, Protestants, atheists, and everyone under the sun, but if you cannot understand why it is important to keep those beliefs out of the public arena, then I get pissed off.

Secularism is the only thing that keeps a diverse society from killing each other because they're different and forces us to focus on what values can be maximized so that the most people possible can live freely to believe whatever they want. It's all about "empathy."

Melon

Karl Rove. The power behind the throne. If he's such a flippin' genius, why doesn't HE run for office?

Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity, Bill "Falafel" O'Reilly, Rush Limbaugh and the rest of the "Fair & Balanced" crew that makes up the Right-Wing Media.

Irvine511 said:
Marylin Musgrave. and, no, i'm not from Colorado, but i am against absolutely everything that woman stands for.

why? her record is almost entirely devoted to an increasingly creepy obsession with homosexuality. Musgrave doesn't only promote several bills denying gay couples any recognition under the law under any name, she also voted against including them in anti-discrimination policies in employment. her other obsession is the reintroduction of the military draft, and virulent opposition to any legal abortions, including those caused by rape or incest.

Musgrave was the only member of the Colorado legislature to vote against a bill to create a registry of people convicted of domestic violence. she voted against a bill requiring schools to come up with a safety plan to combat bullying. she was one of only three state senators to vote against a bill barring female genital mutilation.

and Bush referred to her as "Marilyn" when endorsing her federal constitutional amendment to ban gay citizens from having the right to marry.

she is also what the Republican party, under George W. Bush, is becoming.
:ohmy: she sounds like a total lunatic

I just feel like ranting..:D

People who are obsessed w/ their looks and constantly fishing for attention and/or compliments really get my goat. Maybe they're just very insecure :shrug:

The annoying young men who call after me every day when I walk down the street. "Hey, white girl, come here!" "Hey. pssssst! Hey!" "Is it Madame or.....Madamoiselle?" ugh. I am not a dog or a cat to be called by a whistle. Nor do I want to marry you and take you to America. :madspit:

Golightly Grrl said:
This might get me some boos, but Oprah (and her soccer mom circle jerk of a show) is really getting on my last nerve.

:lmao:

omg, i am never, ever going to forget that phrase: "soccer mom circle jerk."

i know someone who used to produce her show. says Oprah is a brilliant communicator, and absolutely 100% fucking crazy.

like, totally crackers.

Golightly Grrl said:
This might get me some boos, but Oprah (and her soccer mom circle jerk of a show) is really getting on my last nerve.

No boos from me. Oprah's show was cool back when she first started. Now she is unbearable. :down:

sulawesigirl4 said:
The annoying young men who call after me every day when I walk down the street. "Hey, white girl, come here!" "Hey. pssssst! Hey!" "Is it Madame or.....Madamoiselle?" ugh. I am not a dog or a cat to be called by a whistle. Nor do I want to marry you and take you to America. :madspit:
I get some real creeps that talk to me like that when Im working as a barista at a coffee shop
One guy actually had the nerve to whistle at me a couple days ago and then tell me what would look good on me.
Him
yeah, he actually said that.
What an ass hole

Bill Maher.....

he puts moron celebrities on his show sitting right next to people who have a clue about politics and the morons pander to the moron peanut gallery of an audience with lame brained comments and the peanut gallery goes nuts.....

OK another one...

How about lame brained people who comprise peanut galleries in any talk show of any persuasion?

Back
Top Bottom