Who is God?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Macfistowannabe

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I suppose it would be pretty sinister of me to have a thread called "Ask the God." So here's a thread to fill each other in with.

Just to throw out a few questions to kickstart the thread...
1. What made you believe in God (if you do)?
2. Do you believe there is more to faith than rules and regulations?
3. Describe your personal relationship with God.

1. i would say it began with the way i was raised, but now it is maintained through what i have observed in nature and the sciences.

2. these question seems to be mostly geared toward christianity or other forms of organized religion. i suppose i have no comment.

3. i don't believe god is personal.

1. Jesus Christ

2. Yes - "rules and regulations" help our lack of faith

3. My relationship with God is personal because it was not inherited, it is not cultural, and it does not require an intermediary.

I believe God is the maker of heaven and earth, and allows things to fall into place.

1. What made you believe in God (if you do)?

I was raised into a Christian family, but had spiritual doubts as a teen. Over time, I feel I witnessed work being done. For example, doctors were sure that my mother was getting ovarian cancer. I think that through good faith and compassion, she was somehow healed.

I still see this in my own life. My fiance seems so fit for me, it's a blessing. Her parents tried to get rid of her while her mother was pregnant by excessive use of drugs and alcohol. She lived some nine years in the Phillipines, and her mother took her to the US - leaving behind her siblings after her father died of a heart attack. We did not go to the same school together, and instead, met through friends who just happened to be dating at the time. They were supposed to get married, but my friend cheated on her, and it crashed and burned. Now both of them are out of town, and we rarely if ever speak to either one of them. They were possibly the craziest people we would call "friends." The chances of this working out the way it did are too odd for me to assume that there is no plan for my life. I do however feel it is up for me not to screw it up.

2. Do you believe there is more to faith than rules and regulations?

Yes. I think the rules and regulations are all that people see in belief systems, and there is a lot of magnification on the whole strict religion aspect. My belief is that you can be more focused on a relationship with God, where you can confess whatever you feel necessary in your own time, and celebrate God's work in worship.

3. Describe your personal relationship with God.

At times, torn by my own faults. Yet, redeeming.

1. I don't know of a specific thing that caused me to believe in God, but I'll give credit to the Holy Spirit. :wink: I've had a holy curiosity since I was a young child.
2. Yes — a personal relationship with Christ.
3. I can sum it up in one word — Grace. He listens to me, answers prayers, gives me guidance and shapes me as a person. He's an endless source of love.

1. What made you believe in God (if you do)? God.

2. Do you believe there is more to faith than rules and regulations? Absolutely.

3. Describe your personal relationship with God. It's personal.

Back
Top Bottom