Who have you voted for?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Angela Harlem said:
Me voting is like the Melbourne Cup. My horse just never comes home first.
:tsk:

If you are such a jinx, why don't you start voting for John Howard so that he loses? :wink:

Thanks for all of the international members who participated in this. I was hoping people would.

Axver said:

If you are such a jinx, why don't you start voting for John Howard so that he loses? :wink:

Haha, I've looked at the ballot before and thought the same. But I just cannot bring myself to do it. I did vote for Jackie Kelly once, last election, actually, but that was because she was not as evil as the Labor candidate.

2004 - Bush

2006 Ohio Gubernatoral Primary - Ken Blackwell instead of Jim Petro.

Both good guys, but Petro had issues trying to distance himself from his socially liberal voting record.

'96 - Dole
'00 - McCain [wrote him in because I hated my other choices]
'04 - Kerry

Wow. You can totally see my political evolution from one side to the other in that short amount of time. Moving to Brooklyn will do that to you I guess. [of course, I now live in a blue island in a red state. go figure.]

1988 - Dukakis
1992 - Clinton
1996 - Clinton
2000 - Gore
2004 - Kerry

I consider myself a centrist and independent of either party, but obviously my voting record tells a different story.

It's not like the Republicans have given me good variety, though. Four out of the five elections I've voted in, their candidate has been a Bush!

1988 - Liberal, I hated Mulroney but he still won

1993 - Liberal, the election where Canada wiped out the Progressive Conservative Party, went from 151 seats to 2

1997 - Liberal, There was no legitmate national party as an alternative at the time.

2000 - Liberal, Stockwell Day is a moron, would have made Bush appear as a Rhodes Scholar

2004 - Liberal, The new Conservative Party of Canada is just the Canadian Alliance which was the Reform Party in sheep's clothing. I couldn't vote for Harper either.

2006 - Marxist / Leninist for fun
I live in a Reform party riding so my vote doesn't count anymore.:mad: The Conservative candidate usually wins this riding by 15000 votes. I still despise Harper.

Last edited:
1992-2 months shy of legally voting
supported Pat Buchanan early on in primaries (I was an ultra-conservative at 17)
supported Bush in the election

1996-ambivolent about it and politics in general
half-assed supported Clinton
did not vote

2000-supported McCain in the primaries (he was the best of the big 4) voted Libertarian, I think Browne was the candidate (more of a protest vote)

2004-supported ABB, but I did like John Kerry, although I thought he had the personality of a grapefruit, at least he was pretty intelligent. Kerry, in another protest vote

I hate the two party system.
Although I am leaning Biden in 2008.
He'll never win the nom.
So, probably gonna hope some maverick runs.
When you live in such a red state, anything outside of a Republican vote in the Presidential election is a waste of time, but sometimes it's good just to excercise the right to vote even if it's useless.

Last edited:
1972 McGovern (yes, I was the one)

Whatever democrat was running from then on

Back
Top Bottom