who cares about 1400 people in Badger?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Basstrap

ONE love, blood, life
first of all,
during 9-11 many many planes on their way to America had to land in Newfoundland due to not being able to land in US cities. For the 3 or so days the americans and other people lived in Newfoundland they experienced the hospitality of my province of which I am VERY proud
(according to stats canada we even give the most amount of money per capita though we are among the poorest provinces)

the people we gave food and shelter to those days we very thankful indeed

now, I don't know who of you have heard about a little town in Newfoundland called Badger (pop 1400) which has just experienced a horrible flood
basically, the 3 rivers surrounding the town flooded (due to dam problems) and the whole town had to be evacuated. The water rushed in getting so high as to actually cover whole car and trucks...then in froze when the temp dropped to -20
so now the whole town is virtually trapped beneath a thick sheet of ice and there are 1400 people without homes
There is about 3 million dollars worth of damage done

Since then not only have newfies raised over 250,000 dollars (in less than two weeks) but there has been support from several states including pennsylvania, newyork and many others. Even greenland is pitching in to help out the people who helped them 2 years ago. It's a very nice return of favours

this really makes me happy...
It gives me some hope in the human race when people in america care enough to help a town which is no bigger than a block in new york.

I just wanted to say this cos there arent enough tales of humans helping humans anymore...just talk of war and bullshit

I think americans can be proud of this :)

Last edited:
you cant beat the hospitality of the Newfs. Honestly I was so upset when I heard about the flood. Then all this with the support makes it seem like some of these humans on earth are people too.

:up:

Back
Top Bottom