Who are you planning on voting for? - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-21-2007, 04:36 PM   #91
She's the One

Local Time: 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 2861U2

Yeah, he really demonstrates love for "the little people" by not getting to know his next door neighbors.

Make a connection, please.

Old 08-21-2007, 05:26 PM   #92
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by martha

Make a connection, please.
If John Edwards had such compassion for the poor and people who arent anywhere near as wealthy as he, it just seems like he would get to know the people who live in shacks and trailors across the street from him. They've hardly ever seen him, and he's never come over to talk to them. His neighbors dont like him.

Old 08-21-2007, 05:44 PM   #93
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

If John Edwards had such compassion for the poor and people who arent anywhere near as wealthy as he, it just seems like he would get to know the people who live in shacks and trailors across the street from him. They've hardly ever seen him, and he's never come over to talk to them. His neighbors dont like him.

true.

it's not like he's busy or anything.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:01 PM   #94
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

true.

it's not like he's busy or anything.
His neighbors have seen him jogging around the neighborhood multiple times. He must spend (or at least have spent) a fair portion of his time there, and his neighbors dont know him.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:05 PM   #95
Blue Crack Supplier

You seem to interpret that as regularly. That could mean like two or three times.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:12 PM   #96
She's the One

Quote:

Source?
Old 08-21-2007, 06:17 PM   #97
Blue Crack Addict

Elizabeth
that bitch even admits it!!!!

Quote:
The Associated Press
Elizabeth Edwards says she is scared of the "rabid, rabid Republican" who owns property across the street from her Orange County home — and she doesn't want her kids going near the gun-toting neighbor.

Edwards, the wife of Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards, particularly recalls the time neighbor Monty Johnson brought out a gun while chasing workers investigating a right of way off his property. The Edwards family has yet to meet Johnson in person.

"I wouldn't be nice to him anyway," Edwards said in an interview. "I don't want my kids anywhere near some guy who when he doesn't like somebody, the first thing he does is pull a gun out. It scares the business out of me."

But Johnson defended the occasion he brandished a gun, saying those on his land didn't have the proper approval.

"I use the gun for protection, and I considered that an appropriate time," Johnson said. "Sometimes you have to take drastic measures."

Edwards views Johnson as a "rabid, rabid Republican" who refuses to clean up his "slummy" property just to spite her family, whose lavish 28,000-square-foot estate is nearby on 102 wooded acres.

Johnson, 55, acknowledges his Republican roots. But he takes offense to the suggestion he has purposefully left his property, including an old garage that he leases for use as a car shop, in dilapidated condition.

Johnson said he has lived his entire life on the property, which he said his family purchased before the Great Depression. He said he's spent a lot of money to try and fix up the 42-acre tract.

"I have to budget. I have to leave within my means," Johnson said. "I don't have millions of dollars to fix the place."

Johnson, who has posted a "Go Rudy Giuliani 2008" sign on a fence just 100 feet from the entrance to the Edwards' driveway.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:21 PM   #98
Blue Crack Addict

Well then, I can see why they don't mingle too often.

Old 08-21-2007, 06:38 PM   #99
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

His neighbors have seen him jogging around the neighborhood multiple times. He must spend (or at least have spent) a fair portion of his time there, and his neighbors dont know him.

and Rudy spends more time at Yankee games than firefighter funerals.

does any of this matter at all? or are you just looking for more American Idol criteria upon which to base your vote?
Old 08-21-2007, 06:47 PM   #100
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

does any of this matter at all?
YES!

For crying out loud, the guy is supposed to be running on a "I understand the poor people" message, but he doesnt talk to the poor people who live next to him, which he should regardless of their politics. Him not doing that demonstrates that he is not a friendly person. I'm not asking him to talk to them "politician to neighbor" but sheesh, he doesnt even talk to them as "neighbor to neighbor."

Oh, and martha, they did a story about this on the O'Reilly factor. They sent a producer to go interview the people who live in the trailor park across the street, and not one of them had anything nice to say about the Senator.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:51 PM   #101
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:10 AM
And Guliani is riding the "I'm the hero of New York" wave, yet many of the police and firefighters have nothing nice to say about him.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:53 PM   #102
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

YES!

For crying out loud, the guy is supposed to be running on a "I understand the poor people" message, but he doesnt talk to the poor people who live next to him, which he should regardless of their politics. Him not doing that demonstrates that he is not a friendly person. I'm not asking him to talk to them "politician to neighbor" but sheesh, he doesnt even talk to them as "neighbor to neighbor."

Oh, and martha, they did a story about this on the O'Reilly factor. They sent a producer to go interview the people who live in the trailor park across the street, and not one of them had anything nice to say about the Senator.

the answer is NO!

it does NOT matter!

what matters is not whether someone is nice to one's neighbors but whether or not someone actually addresses issues like poverty and homelessness in their stump speeches! it's the POLICIES that matter, not the anecdotal, American Idol bullshit that so many people fall for.

i don't care if Rudy is a gigantic asshole. i'm sure he is. i care what he says about the War on Terror, what he'd do to the Constitution if we were to suffer another terrorist attack, and whether or not he'd bomb Iran. i don't actually care about the ratio of time spent at Yankees games vs. firefighter funerals in 2001/2.

if you think that matters, if you think that anecdotes matter more than what a candidate actaully says and what what his platform is, then you deserve the American Idol candidate you say you're opposed to.

and i'm not even going to touch your O'Reilly "anecdote." that's too easy.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:54 PM   #103
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Vincent Vega
And Guliani is riding the "I'm the hero of New York" wave, yet many of the police and firefighters have nothing nice to say about him.

in fact, they tend to hate him.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:55 PM   #104
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
YES!

What makes you think he's home all that much? Because he's been seen running in his neighborhood a few times?

C'mon. That's weak. They don't say they hate him. They say they don't know him. Why? Cause he's out there helping run the government!
Old 08-21-2007, 07:00 PM   #105
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:10 PM
Quote:

The O'Reilly Factor this should have been your red light!!!

If they don't know him, how are they suppose to have anything to say about him? Good or bad?

Someones reaching...