Who are you planning on voting for?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dreadsox said:

for the least bad choice after that.

Well the rest of the morons in the country won't give me the chance to vote for anyone I'd really like, so yes, I'll vote for the least bad choice because not to vote is to tacitly approve of the worst choice.

I can't make myself like a contemptible person, even if he/she is the least bad. And I have no respect for anyone who can.

I really like Obama, but quite honestly, I just don't think he's ready for the job. When the NH primary comes around, I'll probably register as a Democrat to vote for HRC.

A lot of people seem to think Clinton should pick Obama as a running mate if she wins, and while I don't know if he'd do it, I think it would be a great ticket.

Re: Re: Who are you planning on voting for?

2861U2 said:

ETA: If you like Obama for his stances, fine. Just please dont tell me you're going to vote for him because he is black and/or cute and/or a good speaker. That crowd makes me fear the future of politics.

I'm pretty sure Romney got elected in MA in 2002 because of his hair. That's certainly all I heard leading up to that election - not much about his positions (which he would later change anyway).

A friend of mine working on Biden's campaign basically said he is planning to end up Secretary of State when I asked if he was aiming for VP. I said "so you mean he's running for secretary of state." She said "No, he's running for president." She's been drinking too much of the koolaid.

I will be holding my nose when I sign my absentee ballot, no matter who it's for. I am tilting towards Clinton but it's between her, Obama and Edwards.

I don't know ifI'll ever get to vote in a booth...

martha said:

Then they all need to get over something minor that happened 19 years ago. :|

I wonder if you would give Imus that chance...LOL

Re: Re: Re: Who are you planning on voting for?

Varitek said:

I'm pretty sure Romney got elected in MA in 2002 because of his hair. That's certainly all I heard leading up to that election - not much about his positions (which he would later change anyway).

Romney was elected because of the debate hosted by Tim Russert within weeks of the election. The other candidate said that she would support minors getting abortions without parental consent. That turned the tide for Romney.

U2democrat said:

There's a big difference between using someone else's words without giving them credit and calling a group of outstanding women something derogatory...

Maybe, just maybe we can discuss this in another thread. I did not realize forgiveness depended on the type of sin/or wrong done to another person.

So back to the thread.....

Biden
Hillary
Obama
Dennis K.

Rudy

No other Republicans are worthy of a vote? If you could vote in the primary that is not the general election.

Dreadsox said:

No other Republicans are worthy of a vote?

Well, for a while I was mixed between Rudy and Fred. I think I've decided that I like Rudy better, plus, I really dont think Thompson is electable. He'll become kind of like Obama when he jumps in. Everyone thought Obama would easily, easily win the presidency before he entered the race, then he did, and became just another candidate.

My mom really likes Duncan Hunter. I suppose he isnt bad, but I'm sold on Rudy.

melon said:
I'm leaning towards Hillary myself, actually, although I'm rightfully skeptical of all of them. Hillary has impressed me as having the greatest command of the issues, coupled with a good dose of reality. And, if you can imagine it, I came into this campaign quite cynical of her. Still, as I see it, there's lots of time, and I'm going to evaluate all the candidates again later.

Obama has not impressed me at all, as he has struck me as someone that is too naive and inexperienced for the position. He has said far too many things that have made me wonder if he's all there.

I'm leaning towards Hillary myself, and you just explained why for me. Thanks!

I too, have been leaning towards Hillary. I know in the past I've made some negative posts about her on here, but the more I see her the more I like her. I usually lean more to the right than the left on issues, but I don't see any GOP candidates that interest me at all. I sm still skeptical about Obama, though. If the election were today, I would probably vote for Hillary.

I'd love to see Ron Paul nominated.

He's my favorite candidate because he was against the war in Iraq from the very beginning. He has guts to go against his party with this issue which has been taken over by neo-cons. He is completely against policing the world.

All of that plus he favors low taxes and low government spending as well as free trade.

Ron Paul :up: :applaud:

Speaking of Biden, wasn't there some issue re: Biden & some racist remarks? I can't even remember what he exactly said, but we had a thread in here (which I can't search for - not premium).

The thing about HRC is, when Bill was President I got the impression that she was pretty left, but it seems she's more a a centrist these days :( Maybe (hopefully) if/when she wins she'll be able to move a little more toward the left, since she'd have already won and not need to worry about gaining support from the moderates.

Re: Re: Who are you planning on voting for?

2861U2 said:

I plan on electing Rudy Giuliani the next President of the United States. For the most part right now I am a one issue guy- terrorism. Whoever's position on the War on Terror I like best will get my vote. That guy is Rudy. I love his whole "stay on offense" theme.

If your main concern is War on Terror

Then why would you vote for a coward?

Last edited:
Scarletwine said:

Dreadsox

check out Rudy's Foreign policy stance in Foreign Affairs. A link at Slate, it may change your mind
http://www.slate.com/id/2172285/

"Americanness shall cure the ills of the world?" :huh: (Not a quote from the article, luckily)

What is this man thinking? That all the world is just waiting for Americas next sacred words?

"The time has come to redefine the diplomats' mission down to their core purpose: presenting U.S. policy to the rest of the world. … Our ambassadors must clearly understand and clearly advocate for U.S. policies and be judged on the results. Too many people denounce our country or our policies simply because they are confident that they will not hear any serious refutation from our representatives. The American ideals of freedom and democracy deserve stronger advocacy. And the era of cost-free anti-Americanism must end."

Oh yes, come on over and tell us what is! :|

Vincent Vega said:

"Americanness shall cure the ills of the world?" :huh: (Not a quote from the article, luckily)

What is this man thinking? That all the world is just waiting for Americas next sacred words?

Oh yes, come on over and tell us what is! :|

this is the heart of Rudy's campaign. scare the living shit out of people and ramp up xenophobia so that we don't just need a Decider any more, but a Protector.

regard: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YoAcbA-yx0

I'm supporting Edwards in the primaries. He's for the little people, the working people like me. If he doesn't get the nomination I'll vote for the Democratic nominee.

verte76 said:
I'm supporting Edwards in the primaries. He's for the little people

Yeah, he really demonstrates love for "the little people" by not getting to know his next door neighbors.

The GOP of 2008 looks as weak as the Democratic Party of 2004.

I can't vote, but I'm throwing my support behind Dennis Kucinich, who is one of the few guys who gets it. He's a bit liberal on a few issues, but there aren't any perfect candidates out there.

I haven't heard a decent defense of the GOP candidates, who all look totally incompetent or madly authoritarian (Rudy).

Back
Top Bottom