Who are you planning on voting for? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-16-2007, 09:58 PM   #16
Jesus Online

Local Time: 08:47 AM
Are you kidding, unico? That thread is where I go each day to laugh, cry, and spontaneously combust!

Old 08-16-2007, 10:05 PM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:47 PM
I will be casting an absentee ballot for Obama, based on what I've seen at this point. I'm not worried about a lack of foreign policy experience when his team could surround him with the best minds in the country as a president-elect.

Guliani scares the shit out of me, frankly. He entire campaign seems to be based on the fact that people all over America think that their small, shitty suburban communities actually have a chance in hell of being attacked by Al Queida. I am NOT comfortable with his dangerously authoritarian, big-brother mentality that keep cropping up in speeches. If he gets into office, then whoever voted for him deserves all the reductions in civil liberties they get, after all this crap over the last 8 years already failed to get them to wake up.

Old 08-16-2007, 10:05 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 04:47 PM
Too bad Biden doesnt have a prayer. If he actually got the nod, and Rudy wasnt the Republican nominee, I wouldnt almost consider voting for him. I like a few of his positions.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:18 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Canadiens1160
I'm not worried about a lack of foreign policy experience when his team could surround him with the best minds in the country as a president-elect.
So it's ok that Obama wants to bomb Pakistan and never ever use nuclear weapons as long as we surround him with people who will talk him out of it? That's waaay too risky. That's not the kind of person I want running the War on Terror.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:19 PM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:47 AM
Rudy is far too authoritarian, as much as I disagree with him I think that Ron Paul would be a good choice.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:35 PM   #21
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 2861U2

So it's ok that Obama wants to bomb Pakistan and never ever use nuclear weapons as long as we surround him with people who will talk him out of it? That's waaay too risky. That's not the kind of person I want running the War on Terror.
What does this even mean?

What's risky is people who think the only way to end terrorism is killing more people. That's not the way to wipe out terrorism.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:36 PM   #22
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Canadiens1160

Guliani scares the shit out of me, frankly. He entire campaign seems to be based on the fact that people all over America think that their small, shitty suburban communities actually have a chance in hell of being attacked by Al Queida. I am NOT comfortable with his dangerously authoritarian, big-brother mentality that keep cropping up in speeches. If he gets into office, then whoever voted for him deserves all the reductions in civil liberties they get, after all this crap over the last 8 years already failed to get them to wake up.

precisely.

i have no idea who i'd vote for, but i am happy to say that i am warming up to HRC, who at this point seems both the likely nominee and the winner.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:49 PM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life

I'm leaning towards Hillary myself, actually, although I'm rightfully skeptical of all of them. Hillary has impressed me as having the greatest command of the issues, coupled with a good dose of reality. And, if you can imagine it, I came into this campaign quite cynical of her. Still, as I see it, there's lots of time, and I'm going to evaluate all the candidates again later.

Obama has not impressed me at all, as he has struck me as someone that is too naive and inexperienced for the position. He has said far too many things that have made me wonder if he's all there.

Kucinich....well, perhaps this has to do with where I am in my life right now, but he's far too liberal for me--although I hope his steadfast support for gay marriage rubs off onto the rest of the candidates (and looking at how the Democratic Party is more at ease with talking about gay issues is quite a change from 2004 or even 2006). That aside, I'm not a one-issue candidate, and I wouldn't be comfortable with him as our president.

On that note, Kucinich is better than the entire GOP field, who are all a fucking joke. None of them have shown even a cursory example of being in command of the issues, and when they do talk, they come across as crazy. And Giuliani? His decision to pander to the far-right, instead of where he really stands (as a New York-style "Rockefeller Republican") makes me think that he lacks the integrity necessary to be president. And the rest of them? They're either delusional (McCain) or completely insane (the rest of them). God help us all if anyone in the GOP field becomes president!
Old 08-16-2007, 10:52 PM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:47 PM
On Feb 5th, I will be voting in the GOP primary.

I may vote for McCain. I won't vote for Giulliani.

In the November general election, I expect to vote for the Democratic candidate.

And I expect that to be Hillary.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:01 PM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by melon

Obama has not impressed me at all, as he has struck me as someone that is too naive and inexperienced for the position. He has said far too many things that have made me wonder if he's all there.

Quote:
"I have a bunch of friends who were state lobbyists. The fact of the matter is ... I played poker with them, so I don't think that lobbyists are evil," said the first-term Illinois senator. "I just think they've got an agenda and you got to be clear about that, and not pretend that they don't."

"Why else are they getting hired and making all this money unless they're actually getting something done?"
So his poker pals are lobbyists.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:25 AM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by melon
Kucinich is better than the entire GOP field
That's a good one. I haven't heard that one yet.

That entire paragraph of yours was ridiculously incorrect.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:33 AM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

HRC, who at this point seems the winner.
I still dont get why people automatically assumes she will win. Every poll I've seen head-to-head with Rudy is very close. A quick sweep of some recent polls show:

Opinion Dynamics Corp: Rudy by 3
Battleground: Rudy by 6
NBC/WSJ: Clinton by 6
Quinnipiac: Clinton by 3
Rasmussen: Rudy by 1

And they are currently tied 43-all in Ohio.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:55 AM   #28
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

I still dont get why people automatically assumes she will win. Every poll I've seen head-to-head with Rudy is very close. A quick sweep of some recent polls show:

Opinion Dynamics Corp: Rudy by 3
Battleground: Rudy by 6
NBC/WSJ: Clinton by 6
Quinnipiac: Clinton by 3
Rasmussen: Rudy by 1

And they are currently tied 43-all in Ohio.

most Americans, especially the Republican base, aren't terribly familiar with Rudy.

*everybody* knows HRC.

but we can agree that it is way, way early.

i'm not saying that HRC is necessarily my choice. i am saying that things are looking good for her right now, and i'm feeling okay with that.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:56 AM   #29
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

That's a good one. I haven't heard that one yet.

as a point of advice: you're not going to get very far unless you can point out why someone is "ridiculously incorrect."
Old 08-17-2007, 01:14 AM   #30
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:47 PM
Quote:

Don't even try...