White House says loss of life likely...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono's American Wife said:

I'm very sad that you would actually believe anyone in this forum would celebrate war and the loss of human life.

I'm sorry you are so willing to believe that being American means we are jumping up and down, waiting for bombs to drop so we can celebrate.

If you truly believe this, you are sadly misinformed.

Amen

I'm sorry, but I have to say it-I truly resent the statements here implying that people here in this forum, or anywhere else in the US, will be "celebrating" the loss of Iraqi civilian lives.

If Saddam or his sons die, yes I admit-I will not grieve. I suppose it's unChristian of me, but I do not grieve the loss of evil in this world.

I have to say, the judgments made of Americans by some people here are incredibly unfair and narrow minded. You might hate Bush and his actions, and that's certainly your right. But perhaps that hatred is detouring onto a slippery slope.

Peace to all!

Loss of life goes on every day, very rapidly, very sadly, hunger, disease, torture, murder...to me even the harm that is wrought on our environment leads to loss of life ( I know this pales into insignificance now..but it's World Forest Day, plant a tree, save a baby)
oh follower, don't leave.
we are from all around the globe, we speak different languages, we are from vastly different backgrounds and age groups, we like different music, we are diverse. This day is horrific,babies die, teenagers die, terrified, soldiers die, evey death of a human being is a sad sad waste, we all agree on that.
It is incredible that not so long ago, we came together here to witness the birth of a new era of U2 ,ATYCLB/elevation. It's overwhelming that now we have been through this terrible terrible thing that has led to this day.
Everyone must do what is best for themselves, but I wish we ...I don't know. I have no answers

@--->--------

I think Follower was referring to the possibility that the end of the war will be celebrated on this forum in a manner in which the (unnecessary?) loss of innocent life will be forgotten.

DrTeeth said:
I think Follower was referring to the possibility that the end of the war will be celebrated on this forum in a manner in which the (unnecessary?) loss of innocent life will be forgotten.

Well, that's your interpretation of what she said, and I see what you are saying. But she certainly made an assumption, and a generalized one at that. And an unfair one, in my opinion.

I reread her posts, and I stand by my post, and what others have said as well.

She is not here to respond though.

My only wish is that people will respect my right (and the right of anyone else here who is) to be offended by what she said. I did not want this war either, and yes, I do grieve for ALL loss of life in it.

Back
Top Bottom