White House: homos can't be trusted with classified info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Irvine511

Blue Crack Supplier
[q]Security Clearance Rules May Impede Gays
By KATHERINE SHRADER, Associated Press Writer
Tue Mar 14, 6:42 PM ET

WASHINGTON - The Bush administration last year quietly rewrote the rules for allowing gays and lesbians to receive national-security clearances, drawing complaints from civil rights activists.

The Bush administration said security clearances cannot be denied "solely on the basis of the sexual orientation of the individual." But it removed language saying sexual orientation "may not be used as a basis for or a disqualifying factor in determining a person's eligibility for a security clearance."

The White House sought to play down the changes, approved by President Bush in December, as an effort to ensure the security clearance rules are consistent with a 1995 executive order about access to classified information.

"The minor language change did not and was not intended to alter the way sexual orientation is treated," National Security Council spokesman Frederick Jones said Tuesday. "The U.S. government policy has not changed in any way."

Jones said government lawyers made the changes for clarity.

Gay rights activists expressed concern that the new guidelines could lead to a chipping away of safeguards obtained in the 1990s for gays and lesbians seeking security-related government jobs.

Joe Solmonese, president of the Human Rights Campaign, said Bush's rules could "open the door for broader interpretation" of rules granting security clearances for national security-related jobs.

"It is not surprising to me that this administration is continuing to roll the clock back on the most basic of protections granted by the last administration," said Solmonese, whose group advocates for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender civil rights.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060314/ap_on_go_pr_wh/gays_security_clearances

[/q]

clearly, homosex is a gateway orientation, leading directly to covert al-Qaeda membership. i'm so glad that the WH has gotten to the bottom of the gay menace and are on top of the situation. it's so obvious that gays are more likely to blow their cover and can't be trusted to swallow our country's secretest information that presents a problem to never-gay Johnny One-Way Sphincter and his opposite sex wife.

This is real smart. People can't be trusted with secrets because they date the wrong people. I don't understand the people who are making these damn decisions. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

It is these little things the administration does
that keeps the conservative GOP "more happy".

and we have John Bolton not confirmed but appointed to the U. N. standing alone against the U. N. human rights.

and we have Harriet Miers withdrawing her nominattoion. yes the Republicans are certainly happy these days.

Through the looking glass deep you are exactly right about Bolton, the issue is how far the reforms go and the current round do not go far enough.

Actually, I remember that the Pentagon spokesman during the 1991 gulf war was gay and he had the most secret information and he did a very good job.

So what kind of malarky is this?

guys, will you STOP questioning the president already?

how would you like it if people questioned EVERYTHING you guyses did at YOUR 7ob?!!?

oh yes you DO.

that is...if you're a TRUE american. are you a true, real american, kieran?!?!?!?! are you?!!?!?

Are YOU a true American (TM) either, Zoomerang96??? Last I heard you were from Canada, which while now under the control of godly leader Harper, is not strictly in the Union. As for me, I'm from Belarus, as you well know.

Back
Top Bottom