White House Defends Christ-Less Cards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it's absolutely appalling for [conservatives] to make a brouhaha over this," said former White House social secretary and etiquette guru Letitia Baldridge. "It's a beautiful card with a really lovely message and quotes from the Bible. How religious do they want it to be?"

exactly. for god's sake, it's the president of the united states, not the f**king pope! he's not required to single out christmas, i know plenty of people that send cards with the words "happy holidays"...and seriously, have you ever seen the massive christmas tree on the white house lawn? and right near it is some ugly little menorah surrounded by an even uglier fence. not that i care, its a comical sight, but this whole "war on christmas" deal is bullshit perpetuated by the media particularly fox. it's especially funny cos half the time people get pissed at businesses who use the term holiday because-gasp- they are businesses and want to draw in the broadest range of customers possible. you'd think conservatives would support such an outlook.

get over it.

sorry i don't know why i bothered to reply to this thread, i had a bad day and need to rant somewhere.

:rant:

"It's a time when we welcome all different faiths," said Susan Whitson, press secretary to Mrs. Bush. "The president has an obligation to acknowledge that."

Wow. Who'd have thought I'd actually applaud the Bush Administration for having some common sense?

Melon

VertigoGal said:

exactly. for god's sake, it's the president of the united states, not the f**king pope! he's not required to single out christmas, i know plenty of people that send cards with the words "happy holidays"...and seriously, have you ever seen the massive christmas tree on the white house lawn? and right near it is some ugly little menorah surrounded by an even uglier fence. not that i care, its a comical sight, but this whole "war on christmas" deal is bullshit perpetuated by the media particularly fox. it's especially funny cos half the time people get pissed at businesses who use the term holiday because-gasp- they are businesses and want to draw in the broadest range of customers possible. you'd think conservatives would support such an outlook.

get over it.

sorry i don't know why i bothered to reply to this thread, i had a bad day and need to rant somewhere.

:rant:

You rant well, my dear. Keep it up. :up:

I can't find a violin small enough for all of this. :woe:

:lol:

It's so ridiculous. I heard it from Conan O'Brien last night and couldn't stop :rolleyes: about it.
Last year I heard Rush Limbaugh raving about how liberals are trying to take away Christmas. :rolleyes: x 10000

PlaTheGreat said:

I heard Rush Limbaugh raving about how liberals are trying to take away Christmas.

It's true, I've already seen calenders for 2006 and we go from Dec 24 to Dec 26.

Yes we won!!!

:|

Back
Top Bottom