Which Republican Should Run In 2008? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-15-2004, 11:16 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 12:09 PM
Which Republican Should Run In 2008?

It's early, but to balance it out with the Edwards 2008 forum, here it goes. I know most of you are left, but you can participate anyways. Feel free to post some that you might like, or at least wouldn't mind having as president. This is optimistically a 2008 thread, so any Bush-bashing on this thread is childish, or unnessesary to say the least.

Let the games begin!

I'd say John McCain for the job and a black republican for vice president. McCain has earned respect from both parties, and has proven himself to do the right thing, even when the rest of the party isn't. A black republican, because it appeals to minorities, and it will overcome the "racist" stereotype. Then, most of the real white racists will probably vote democratic, and I'd like to see the opposing reactions.

Old 11-15-2004, 11:19 PM   #2
The Fly

Local Time: 11:09 AM
RUDY!

America's Mayor: Rudy W. Giuliani

Visit: www.STONEWALLvets.org/MayorRudy.htm

Old 11-15-2004, 11:23 PM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:09 AM
alan keyes
Old 11-15-2004, 11:35 PM   #4
War Child

Local Time: 04:09 PM
Rudy
Old 11-15-2004, 11:37 PM   #5
The Fly

Great senses of humour at U-2 Board

Quote:
Originally posted by deep
Alan Keyes
Now, that's funny!
Old 11-15-2004, 11:38 PM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Lots of you might like Rudy...

If he were the Republican Candidate, I would have to vote third-party. He may bring people together, but he is pro-choice.
Old 11-16-2004, 12:39 AM   #7
The Fly

Let it be a bird, not a hijacked plane!

Quote:
Originally posted by Macfistowannabe
Lots of you might like Rudy.... If he were the Republican Candidate, I would have to vote third-party. He may bring people together, but he is pro-choice.
M.F. Wannabe, I simply consider myself pro-Life not anti-Choice (I can't imagine anyone except terrorists being anti-Life); however, the bigger issue has to be anti-terrorism and pro-security such as no Arab Muslim-hijacked American commercial jetliners slamming into our landmark buildings with rampant murder, massive damage, endless injuries, loss of hundreds of thousands of jobs, etc. I believe that when people think of RUDY!, they think how he remarkably responded, led N.Y.C. and inspired people everywhere on and after September 11th, 2001. RUDY's outstanding and effective speech recently at the Republican National Convention in N.Y.C. further secured his top spot status.

In a brand-new Gallup poll released today, and reported on FNC's "HANNITY & COLMES", RUDY! is clearly the #1 choice of Republicans with about 50%. JOHN McCAIN with 27% is a distant runner-up.

Note: This is pre-passage of a constitutional amendment which would qualify the Governator AHNOLD as a Republican presidential candidate.

For more on RUDY at my website, read some of his letters to the STONEWALL Veterans' Association at:
www.STONEWALLvets.org/RudyGiuliani.htm
Old 11-16-2004, 03:28 AM   #8
War Child

Rudy needs more experience if he's going to run. Maybe take on Hillary for her senate seat?
Old 11-16-2004, 04:08 AM   #9
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Rudy will never make it in today's Republican party. I believe he's also not strongly against gay marriage, if I'm not mistaken...?

Join Amnesty.
Old 11-16-2004, 05:01 AM   #10
Blue Crack Addict

Rudy, Colin Powell, John McCain
Old 11-16-2004, 05:13 AM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

I don't like the chances for a moderate in today's GOP, it's too hard core right. That's too bad because I prefer one. Hell, I even crossed over and voted for McCain in the primaries in 2000. I'm afraid we moderate-preferrers are out of luck. Damn.
Old 11-16-2004, 06:37 AM   #12
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by wolfwill23
Rudy needs more experience if he's going to run. Maybe take on Hillary for her senate seat?
not like he was mayor of the largest city in america for 8 years... which technicaly is one of the 25 largest economies in the world... besides his time in the justice department... but yea... being a senator where you don't have to lead will be muuuuch better for him than what he's already done...

[/sarcasm]

i think the people who consider the GOP to be too far to the right to nominate someone like rudy or mccain are missing the boat. especially once bush puts a few right leaning judges on the bench... rudy's popularity is SOOO high right now that the GOP would be stupid not to run him.

fine... maaaybe they'll lose a few of the extreme right guys. but really... who else are they gonna vote for? if they have a choice between a moderate republican and a moderate or liberal democrat, they ain't votin' for the democrat. plus, for every hard core righty who doesn't vote or votes for some no name 5th party guy, there will be tons of undecided voters AND democrats who would vote for rudy or mccain.

i'd like to believe that the reason the republicans are winning so much is simply because they've been smarter than the democrats. if they don't run a man who's approval ratings right now are STILL through the roof just because he's a moderate, then they'd be falling back into stupidity. because frankly... all the big time republicans that have mass appeal right now are all moderates... mccain, rudy, arnold, etc. if not one of them, then who?
Old 11-16-2004, 06:44 AM   #13
New Yorker

Wow... so being pro-abortion and pro-gay marriage means you're an extremist left winger of the party?
Old 11-16-2004, 07:10 AM   #14
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Flying FuManchu
Wow... so being pro-abortion and pro-gay marriage means you're an extremist left winger of the party?
apparently
Old 11-16-2004, 07:25 AM   #15
Blue Crack Addict

You're right headache all the big Republican names are moderates. So maybe the situation isn't as bleak as I think it is. That would make me pretty happy.