Which Republican Should Run In 2008?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
anitram said:
There will be Bush fatigue in 2008. Not a smart thing to put a third one on the campaign trail.

Yeah, if they want this guy to be the third Bush president they might as well sell out and become a freaking monarchy.

Rudy would never be accepted by the Republicans not only because of he is a moderate, but he supported Mario Cuomo, the Democrat who was running for governor of New York in 1994, instead of George Pataki who won anyway. A lot of Republicans still see Giuliani as a traitor, so he'll never get the nomination. And also, he doesn't have the experience to be president of the United States.
But I think it would really be fun if Giuliani was president. He'll go drag for his inauguration!

Speaking of Pataki, does anyone think maybe he could be a candidate?

Schwarzenegger isn't someone I want to see as my president. I do not support changing the law that would allow foreign-borns to be president, and I also think he's gone crazy for power. He hasn't been governor for a year, and already he wants to be president?

I don't want Jeb Bush to run. Enough of the Bush family!

As for McCain, he is someone I would consider voting for in 2008. He's a tough politician, and I think that is what our country needs, especially over the issue of terrorism. He's also a moderate, and that's a plus. But, he comes across to me as a very arrogant guy. During the 2000 primaries, I was supporting him as the Republican candidate over Bush because Bush seemed (and still does) too passive to be president. But after McCain beat Bush after two primaries, he got all arrogant and started bashing at Bash and acting as if he had won the nomination. He lost my support. And I still can't believe he hosted SNL! I thought he looked foolish!

I believe what this country needs is a moderate leader - not too conservative, and not too liberal - to bring some balance in a country obviously going through a turning point, both socially and in international issues. The next president has to be willing to listen to how the rest of the world sees us and reflect on that in he (of her) decision making. Of course that doesn't mean the president should do whatever the world wants us to do, but should realize that we are the superpower that has the biggest influence over the world and that is a huge responsibility.

For the record, I come from a very Republican family, but I am not registered with any party. I feel kind of free about that sometimes.

So, in summary, McCain might be the one I'll be rooting for in 2008 unless someone else comes along.

OK, that's my two cents.

Last edited:
McCain has quite a conservative voting record. During the campaign my liberal blogs and listservers kept on saying "hey, the guy's not our friend, he's too conservative". However, he did vote against the gay marriage amendment. That's a plus in my book. Plus, he's a really intelligent guy. No, he'll never win a humility competition. But wouldn't that be oxymoronic anyway?

Pearl said:
And I still can't believe he (McCain) hosted SNL! I thought he looked foolish!
I think hosting SNL is bad for any politician. They're free to do so, but it makes them look foolish. Their senses of humor are out of context with SNL's style of humor. I think a conservative especially wouldn't look right on the same show that talks about "the weiner" and "the taco." Unless you think Rudy Guiliani is a real conservative.

In general jokes are even funnier when you say femal instead of femaile.

That one was a spelling mistake joke about a spelling mistake, two for one.

All republicans suck, I hope they get an idiot to run so we can be assured that they won't win.

Oh wait, that's happened twice already, and he's won twice.

Sad.

bonosleftone said:
All republicans suck
This post could fit right into one of the many liberal threads, but we ask for a little respect. I'm sure if you're liberal, you'd say Arnold or Rudy. Just as I would say Leibermann (spelled wrong?) or Gephart would be my picks if I were to choose a democrat. :scratch:

20040312_con_con_avail.jpg

He's being groomed.
He is a contender.
As I predicted GW would be re-elected and let u know GW does have an amount of sexiness...some have come to grips while others have not..

say hello to the next sexy Republican nominee circa 2008.

thank u
db9;)

Only one question....

Diamond said:
He's being groomed. He is a contender.
As I predicted, GW would be re-elected and let U know GW does have an amount of sexiness... some have come to grips while others have not. Say hello to the next sexy Republican nominee circa 2008. db9;) [/B][/QUOTE]
Only one obvious question: who is he? :huh:

Last edited:
Isn't he Mitt McRomney?

MrsSpringsteen said:
uh, that's Mitt Romney.... Apparently someone has a thing for him :D And he's not sexy :tsk:
Isn't MITT McROMNEY the Gay governor of a Northeast state? :huh: :ohmy: :|

BVS: The Republican Party "allows" Gay relationships. They just don't "officially" sanction it. After all, there are even Republican Gay groups such as the Stonewall Republicans and the Log Cabin Boys. The Republicans' chief national strategist LEE ATWATER was Gay (until he suddenly passed) and very highly-regarded and very successful (BUSH, Sr. campaign 1988). And, similiarly, President BUSH Jr.'s current and very successful Campaign Manager KEN MEHLMAN is Gay! What U say? :huh: :ohmy: :|

Visit: www.NYBlade.com newspaper for the most updated 411 on that Gay story. The name of the article is "Two Machiavellis". :eyebrow:

Last edited:
Macfistowannabe said:
I'd say McCain/Guiliani would be a pretty moderate ticket.

I would too, and it'd be a damn good ticket if you ask me. I'm sure I'd vote for the Democrat out of principle, but hey, "President McCain" sounds OK to me. He's a moderate and that would be much better than the hard-liner we've got now. I really don't like hard-line anything, they tend to be too inflexible.

:wave: If MacFistoWannabe and Verte and Stonewall (representing Dem, Rep and Ind) =ALL= agree on a Presidential ticket -- McCAIN & GIULIANI -- then they've got it all but won!! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom