Which one are you ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Popmartijn said:
:sigh:

*takes bets on when this thread will derail and gets closed*
:|

Pretty damned quick, is my guess.

But back to the question -- choice.

Alright, I'll be a bit more nuanced:

1) On a personal level, I would not encourage anyone to have an abortion. If a friend wanted to have one, I would very much advise against it. However, beyond that, if she still chose to have one? I'll leave that between her and God.

2) On a policy level, I would keep it legal, but push to do meaningful things to give women more options. Assuming that Hillary Clinton was correct in her figure that 7% of women account for over 50% of all abortions, then we should work on getting those 7% to use contraception! Those are meaningful things we can do to be "pro-life" without resorting to automatically making it illegal.

Melon

what melon said.

safe and legal.

let's work for a world where every pregnancy is a wanted pregnancy.

and if you really want to stop abortion, encourage gay sex!

;)

Choice.
We're talking abortion right?

Choice.
The thought of making it illegal is sick to me.

Well, if I have to choose between the two...

...Nevermind, I can't. I'm more for some kind of a happy medium. Like maybe the government could allow for every women to have an abortion...once. And after that, no more abortions for you. I think that would be fine in allowing the rape victims and such to get the abortion, while showing the care-free teens how big of a deal it really is and letting them realize their mistake in having careless unprotected sex in the first place.

...Though, don't take that idea as gospel, since I just came up with it off the top of my head. ;)

Point being - I'm somewhere in between, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom