Which one are you ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Right, but the question isn't about a womens right to bear a child it never was the question is about abortion ~ it just gets wrapped up in niceties like pro-choice or pro-life

anti-choice and pro-abortion are the extremes each side uses to describe one another and they are closer to the mark.

God Part III said:
Choice.
We're talking abortion right?

Choice.
The thought of making it illegal is sick to me.

The thought of innocent babies dying is sick to me.

That being said, I should not, in any way, be able to dictate how others choose to live their life. These people will have to live with their decision everyday of their life and (if you so believe) then take it up with God later.

So, I guess that makes me a reluctant pro-choice.

A_Wanderer said:
Right, but the question isn't about a womens right to bear a child it never was the question is about abortion ~ it just gets wrapped up in niceties like pro-choice or pro-life

anti-choice and pro-abortion are the extremes each side uses to describe one another and they are closer to the mark.

Sorry don't buy it. As you can see in here the majority of people who are pro-choice would never actually have one themselves.

Fact is, buzzwords like "women's rights" and "right to life" have been abused enough to smoke out what it really is. On the level that a spade should be a spade, I agree with A_Wanderer.

define pro abortion.

i'm pro choice but in no way go around to pregnant women saying "hey why don't you have an abortion?" i would love to see fewer to no abortions. does that make me pro abortion because i'm pro choice? honestly.

"hey why don't you have an abortion?"

it's a Friday night and there is nothing to do.

nothing good on TV

we got makeovers last week.

U2democrat said:
define pro abortion.
Surely, my definition may differ from yours, but the belief that abortion should be legalized. Just like pro-gun means little to no restrictions on firearms, just like pro-war is used to define those who support the war. Some may like the word pro-military better, but it doesn't make any sense to call anybody anti-military, at least I don't think it does.

U2democrat said:
i'm pro choice but in no way go around to pregnant women saying "hey why don't you have an abortion?" i would love to see fewer to no abortions. does that make me pro abortion because i'm pro choice? honestly.
I would love to see the same result, we just have a different take on how to achieve it.

gotcha.

well in that sense i would say yes i'm "pro abortion"

but the way i was thinking of it was to be actually promoting abortion and saying its a good thing and such. as you said definitions may differ.

I don't give a rats ass if any woman has an abortion or does not have an abortion. However, I am adamant that all women have the right to make that choice for themselves.

Whereas if I was pro-abortion I would wish for every pregnant woman to have an abortion.

Therefore, I'm pro-choice. It's really not that difficult.

U2democrat said:
so in your sense, pro-abortion is essentially the same as pro-marijuana in the sense that marijuana should be legalized...am i getting that right?

Of course, I am pro-marijuana, 'cause I do think everyone should smoke. The world would be so much more easygoing.... :wink:

indra said:
Of course, I am pro-marijuana, 'cause I do think everyone should smoke. The world would be so much more easygoing.... :wink:
So when Newsweek refers to a politician as "pro-gun", they mean EVERYBODY should have a gun?

I am against abortion on demand, which let's face it is what we have in many Western European countries.

If that makes me 'pro-life' so be it.

Macfistowannabe said:
Surely, my definition may differ from yours, but the belief that abortion should be legalized. Just like pro-gun means little to no restrictions on firearms, just like pro-war is used to define those who support the war. Some may like the word pro-military better, but it doesn't make any sense to call anybody anti-military, at least I don't think it does.

To me pro-war means you like war. Now for some that may apply but I would never call everyone who supports this war pro-war.

Pro-gun people would love to arm every legal law-abiding citizen. Pro-gun people go around and talk about the joys of owning guns.

Pro-choice people do not want to give every legal law-abiding citizen an abortion. Pro-choice people never go around and talk about the joys of having an abortion.

It's ridiculous, people just get off this twisting of definitions.

pro-life

and no, I don't think pro-choicers are murderers

I don't believe abortion is a choice women should have the right to make

Originally posted by indra
I don't give a rats ass if any woman has an abortion or does not have an abortion. However, I am adamant that all women have the right to make that choice for themselves.

Whereas if I was pro-abortion I would wish for every pregnant woman to have an abortion.

Therefore, I'm pro-choice. It's really not that difficult.

Ta-da. My thoughts exactly :up:.

Angela

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom