Which man is Jesus?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who is more Messianic?

• Bono

Votes: 27 81.8%
  • Barack Obama

Votes: 6 18.2%

• Total voters
U2democrat said:
Obama handed out Dunkin Doughnuts several times.

I was going to vote Obama until you said that. If you're going to hand out doughnuts, at least hand out good ones.

And come on, Bono handed out pizza. Nothing beats pizza. Except possibly lasagne.

Bono it is.

For the record I haven't voted yet. I can't decide.

I've been in the room with both; Obama 3 times Bono twice.

I've met Obama, the closest I've been to Bono was about 10 feet.

Both were exhilirating and uplifting.

Thanks for the correction, Varitek :wink:

I'm sorry, but Ukrops donuts are the best, but people outside Richmond don't know the glory of Ukrops :drool:

Great. Now I want a donut. Thankfully they sell Krispy Kreme on campus :D

bonoobamathumbsj3.jpg

:hmm:

Psh, Krispy Kreme and Dunkin' Doughnuts (please, people, let's not remove half the letters) both suck.

Goldstein's on the Gold Coast do good doughnuts though. I could totally support someone that hands out Goldstein's products. Especially their blueberry danishes. Except they're only in southeast Queensland, so I don't see either Bono or Obama discovering their goodness in a hurry. And nobody here will know what I'm talking about, except maybe Eazy-V if he ever comes into this forum. Oh well. :(

Please stop taking chainsaws to our language and wrecking the spelling. :tsk:

(Don't we have about ten threads on EYKIW about this already?)

U2isthebest said:
This is what happens when he have no new album. Even the off-topic forums suffer.:lol:

:lol:

Sorry FYM. I'll stick to making fun of Brendan Nelson's unpopularity from now on.

Axver said:
Psh, Krispy Kreme and Dunkin' Doughnuts (please, people, let's not remove half the letters) both suck.

well, i see *some* countries still do whatever it is the Queen wishes.

whereas *other* countries have the gumption to stand up and point out the very clear fact that it is far more efficient to spell "color" without a "u" and that it's far easier to fit "donut" on a sign than the needlessly letter-y "doughnut." we're busy people. we have places to go and things to do. you've got to multi-task to rule the world, so why not shorten things when you can?

you know what's hilarious?

my computer -- a MacBookPro, developed by, obviously, Americans -- is telling me that i've spelt "donut" correctly but have misspelt "doughnut."

it's also insisting that there's no such word as "spelt" and that it should be "spelled."

Well, you can always select "English (Great Britain) and English (USA) or English (Australia) in the setup. :)

Vincent Vega said:
Well, you can always select "English (Great Britain) and English (USA) or English (Australia) in the setup. :)

and i think we know which one is the *default* (i.e., "correct") version.

ahem.

Simple English, as offered by Wikipedia? ;)

Funny thing is, in school we are meant to learn British English, but American English slips more and more into what we learn, and at some point we just use both. So, most teachers by now accept both.
And as far as I've heard, English teenagers are also more and more converting to the American spelling, and sometimes pronounciation through the media's influence.

Hence, I would say American English is becoming rather the standard.

Last edited:
Axver said:

I was going to vote Obama until you said that. If you're going to hand out doughnuts, at least hand out good ones.

And come on, Bono handed out pizza. Nothing beats pizza. Except possibly lasagne.

Bono it is.

I was not, this time, correcting spelling. It's a company called Dunkin Donuts, so calling it "Dunkin Doughnuts" is like calling it "Crispy Creme."

:lol: to the pizza, who are you, Garfield?

Did Obama hand out donuts or coffee? When I think Dunkies I think coffee, which is what I was drooling over, though they ARE good donuts, but how would Axver know? Axver should go for Dunkies anyway, they're from Boston, capital of Democratsachusetts, and Krispy Kreme is for conservative southerners who enjoy 100 calories a bite. (KK is good, but they need to make munchkins, because I can never eat more than 2 bites.)

Bono's career has actually come back to life, more than once, after being pronounced DOA. (Achtung, then All That.)

nathan1977 said:
Bono's career has actually come back to life, more than once, after being pronounced DOA. (Achtung, then All That.)

:eyebrow:

DOA? Someone needs a history lesson. The only time U2 has ever been remotely "DOA" was POP, but that was only by U2 standards not industry standards...

He's not Jesus, but I'm voting for Obama.

Mighty Fine donuts are the best, but you'll have to come to NW PA to find out.

Back
Top Bottom