Where Will He Get The Help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not based simply on the fact that Kerry is elected, no. That wasn't what Kerry had in mind. The plan is to work to rebuild the trust that was lost so that in the future (not necessarily in Iraq), those governments will be more willing to work with the US.

Nobody ever said that France and Germany would instantly support the war if Kerry was elected and that was never the expectation.

nbcrusader
let's face it, Mr. Bush behaved like an Elephant in a chinaware-shop. He burned many diplomatic bridges by behaving like a arrogant mr "i-know-it-all".
It's much easier for a new person to get something from the former allies who were affronted by that behaviour.
It's not impossible for the Bush administration but i guess they have to pay more to get the same support (not limited to iraq).

"That said, Mr Kerry seems genuinely committed to multilateralism and as president he would find it easier than Mr Bush to secure the German government's backing in other matters."

I bet a lot of other countries feel the same. As for Iraq, it has the prospect of becoming such a drama that regardless of the outcome of the election countries keep their troops at home.

What with countries like Poland under domestic pressure to pull out of Iraq who knows what's going to happen with the troop situation there. The recent killings of Bulgarians isn't going to encourage that country either. It's a mess. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Well, if Kerry opens discussions with them, things could change. I think alot will change their minds and send in troops in exchange for contracts, which should have happened a long time ago.

Though I doubt the Spanish will send troops (election).

Probably, also the French were not happy with the racism and all those "french frog" calls from across the ocean.

The Germans would have a very tough time explaining it to the man on the street that with a new Prez, some troops in Iraq are cool.

I doubt there is gonna be large scale support, and I think Kerry will bring the boys back home.

Zapatero is funding Mosques while cutting funding for the Catholic church - I think that he is to far gone feeding the crocodile to ever ally with the Great Satan.

The French are not even worth the pressure, they fucked up in Algeria. They are the last country I would want in Iraq as an ally. Chirac can keep his false intel ops and dirty deals with Arab regimes, his troops would not help the situation.

Europeans are against this war because they have moved beyond war and realize that it is unnecessary - especially when it involves illegal oil deals being broken.

And the French bashing, its all in good fun. Heres a classic.
'Going to war without the French is like going hunting without your accordian. All you leave behind is a big noisy box'

Last edited:
I apologise for my rudeness, but the French government and its consistent operations with hostile regimes, rabid anti-semitism and general self-importance when dealing with the world has garnered nothing but my contempt. The French wish to increase the role of France (as any nation does, look out for number 1) but they cut a deal with the devil by initiating and continuing the Euro-Arab dialogue which will ensure a steady trade of millitary technology to the Arabs and immigration into Europe from the Moslem world. I do not see France as the answer to Iraq, they seem intent on seeing the venture fail - compromising to accommodate the French governments wishes would ensure this and in my opinion would not be worth it.

I have read in history books about the French in Algeria. It is claimed that they f:censored:d up big time there by screwing a moderate government in 1992. I don't want to make any blanket statements about the French and their governments. But I have read this.

^Evidently you are wiser than I when landing talking points Verte :wink:

Sarcasm is a most difficult thing to pull off online, check out my journal, there is a post for FYMers :yes:

Back
Top Bottom