Where was GW having Turkey today? - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-27-2003, 07:09 PM   #31
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,881
Local Time: 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar


Tell that to the reservists who thought they'd be there only a few months.
As a former reservist......I find this to be the biggest piece of garbage crybaby argument I have heard in the press.

I was activated during the last Gulf War. I had friends who were gone for a year the last time. They have been gone for a year this time. I had the PLEASURE of arresting people who went AWOL from their reserve units when they could not handle being activated.

They want the benefits. They want the tuition reimbersment. They want 1/4 of their student loans paid back every year. They want that extra paycheck every month. They want the two weeks away every year paid. They want the retirement check after 20 years of service.

But when push comes to shove, there are people in the reserves, who DO NOT want to follow through with the other end of the deal when they sign their name on the line. Guess what. I do not feel badly for you. The reserve units spend hours upon hours teaching you how to prepare for the day when you are going to be activated. They teach you how to prepare financially, and how to prepare legally so that you and your familly will not be in trouble. You are made AWARE of the fact that there may be a day that you will be called upon to serve.

Currently the people I served with the last time just got home after almost a year away, and guess what...they are leaving again. That is life in the reserves. They knew it when they signed up. And people who cry to the press that they did not know about it or did not realize what they were signing up for are so full of it it makes me laugh.
__________________

__________________
Dreadsox is offline  
Old 11-27-2003, 07:10 PM   #32
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,881
Local Time: 08:57 AM
__________________

__________________
Dreadsox is offline  
Old 11-27-2003, 07:33 PM   #33
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 06:57 AM
Dread-
you kicked some serious ass this Thanksgiving.

The orginal point of my posts in this thread to establish that fact that Hillary's motives were different from the President's.

And HipHop he dosent look creepy, he looks cool.

thank you-

DB9
__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 11-27-2003, 07:33 PM   #34
Blue Crack Addict
 
verte76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: hoping for changes
Posts: 23,331
Local Time: 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox
I STRONGLY disagree that Hillary is in Afghanistan or heading into Iraq for any reason other than for political gain. She has been critical of the administration's handling of the war in Afghanistan and in Iraq. She was traveling on a FACT finding mission to make her case against the Bush administration, not to boost the moral of the troops. Its a little different.

Now I do agree, that as a soldier I could have cared less which party a politician was from if they were truly working for the interests of the soldiers. As someone who has been watching Hillary prepare for this trip, and was aware of the reasons she was making the trip, I do not find her to be interested in the cause of the American soldier.

Just my 2 cents.

Peace
OK, she's got political ambitions. I don't argue with that. But guess who thinks she's over-rated in the "electibility" department by some? Me. It's one thing to get elected to the U.S. Senate, and maybe it's for her 2006 campaign, but I don't believe she could get the Democratic presidential nomination let alone win the general election. Just *my* two cents.
__________________
verte76 is offline  
Old 11-27-2003, 08:46 PM   #35
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,684
Local Time: 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox


As a former reservist......I find this to be the biggest piece of garbage crybaby argument I have heard in the press.

I was activated during the last Gulf War. I had friends who were gone for a year the last time. They have been gone for a year this time. I had the PLEASURE of arresting people who went AWOL from their reserve units when they could not handle being activated.

They want the benefits. They want the tuition reimbersment. They want 1/4 of their student loans paid back every year. They want that extra paycheck every month. They want the two weeks away every year paid. They want the retirement check after 20 years of service.

But when push comes to shove, there are people in the reserves, who DO NOT want to follow through with the other end of the deal when they sign their name on the line. Guess what. I do not feel badly for you. The reserve units spend hours upon hours teaching you how to prepare for the day when you are going to be activated. They teach you how to prepare financially, and how to prepare legally so that you and your familly will not be in trouble. You are made AWARE of the fact that there may be a day that you will be called upon to serve.

Currently the people I served with the last time just got home after almost a year away, and guess what...they are leaving again. That is life in the reserves. They knew it when they signed up. And people who cry to the press that they did not know about it or did not realize what they were signing up for are so full of it it makes me laugh.
I wasn't go by what the press said, but what the reservists have said. So do you think they are being "cry-babies" about the whole thing?
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 11-27-2003, 08:58 PM   #36
New Yorker
 
Scarletwine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Outside it's Amerika
Posts: 2,746
Local Time: 08:57 AM


The last photo op didn't pan out so well after all.
He makes me sick.

But kuddos to Carl Rove. Now any serious discourse will be blown away for a few days.
__________________
Scarletwine is offline  
Old 11-27-2003, 09:05 PM   #37
Blue Crack Addict
 
nbcrusader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 22,071
Local Time: 05:57 AM
If GWB lifted the spirits of our armed forces, God bless him.
__________________
nbcrusader is offline  
Old 11-27-2003, 09:10 PM   #38
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,881
Local Time: 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar


I wasn't go by what the press said, but what the reservists have said. So do you think they are being "cry-babies" about the whole thing?
My former reserve unit was supposed to have a reunion this weekend. It was cancelled because most who are still in just got word that they are being redeployed yet again for another tour of duty.

My feelings from Gulf War I were and still are that there are people who sign up for the EXCELLENT benfits thinking they will NEVER be called upon to actually serve their country. Anyone who claims they did not think they could be activated for this amount of time if full of crap. The reserve units spend MANY hours preparing their troops for activations. Starting with your rights as employees in civilian world, to having lawyers from JAG meet with you to get your legal paperwork in order. When they are called upon there are RESERVISTS who have the INTEGRITY to honor their part of the contract and those who do not. Then there are those who WHINE.

I feel that the press, for the sake of the story will grad someone and quote someone, a "cry-baby", to get a story. This is my experience and my feeling.

As I said before, I arrested people who did not expect to have to HONOR their contract.

As for this time around, my reservist friends are patriots. They feel as I do, that the press is grabbing at whatever they can to make a story. These people have families, children, grandchildren, jobs and lives too. But, they also have the INTEGRITY to honor their part of the bargin.
__________________
Dreadsox is offline  
Old 11-27-2003, 09:18 PM   #39
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,881
Local Time: 08:57 AM
__________________
Dreadsox is offline  
Old 11-27-2003, 09:20 PM   #40
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,881
Local Time: 08:57 AM
__________________
Dreadsox is offline  
Old 11-27-2003, 09:21 PM   #41
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,881
Local Time: 08:57 AM


Yep...real creepy....He has no comprehension of what it means to send troops into harms way.....!!!!!!
__________________
Dreadsox is offline  
Old 11-28-2003, 12:17 AM   #42
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,424
Local Time: 08:57 AM
it's stuff like this that remind me why i voted for the man in the first place... i can't wait to see exactly how the far left will spin this one into being an evil thing to do by a ficticous leader...

as for hill... i really see nothing wrong with a senator visiting troops in afgahnistan and iraq is she using it for political gain? of course... what politician, no matter what the party, doesn't use whatever they can to help their career? the only problem i have with it is that she's probably spent more time in afgahnistan and iraq over the past month than she's spent in the state of new york in the past year.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 11-28-2003, 12:47 AM   #43
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 05:57 AM
Quote:
As I said before, I arrested people who did not expect to have to HONOR their contract.


Too bad you were not around to arrest W when he failed to HONOR his military commitment.
__________________
deep is offline  
Old 11-28-2003, 01:08 AM   #44
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by deep




Too bad you were not around to arrest W when he failed to HONOR his military commitment.
sour grapes.
__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 11-28-2003, 02:24 AM   #45
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Rono's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: the Netherlands
Posts: 6,163
Local Time: 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
And Turkey did not send troops to Iraq. Is this a political statement by Bush ?
__________________

__________________
Rono is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com