Where is the Zell Miller talk?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When Miller is spewing hate like that, I'm sure Carter doesn't want to be in the same town with him. I remember when those two were friends. I'm sure that's no longer the case, and with good reason. I got angry just reading the note. I'm glad he told him off. Zell Miller was never anything besides a slick Georgia politician, and that hasn't changed a bit. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Last edited:
STING2 said:
It is interesting that the Jimmy Carter of today obviously prefers the company of someone like Michael Moore than Zel Miller.

If you're talking about the DNC STING2 - well, Moore claimed President Carter invited him to sit w/ him, but it was reported that Moore actually just invited himself.

I think Michael Moore is prone to fib/exaggerate, so I give President Carter the benefit of the doubt on that one. I don't know of any other instance where Moore was "hanging out" w/ him. I think Pres Carter tends to have more moderate views than a Michael Moore.

Not to be nitpicky about what you said :)

I think you're right Mrs. Springsteen, Michael Moore likes to exaggerate. He basically invited himself to the DNC, and hung around the big shots. He has a very enterprising, aggressive personality. I wouldn't hang around Zell Miller, I'll tell you that right now.

Good Lord. I just watched the video clip of Miller with Chris Matthews. What a nutcase. I love the final question, the one that Matthews said he'd let Miller answer after Miller shouted about not being allowed to answer:

Matthews: ...this country was promised unity, after the last election, by the President, who you're supporting, and he urged the country to come together. Do you think you helped that cause tonight?

Miller: I think I helped the cause of trying to tell the American people why John Kerry is unfit for the presidency...

He completely avoided it, after complaining about not being given a chance to answer the questions.

I don't have the nerve to ask any of my family in Georgia what they think of Zell Miller. I disagree with most of my family on politics, because they are quite conservative and I'm a liberal. I just don't feel like it'd be the nicest thing I could ask.

Zel Miller was right on the money about most things he talked about. Kerry does not have a record of campaigning and proposing large increases in defense spending. He has a record of proposing and campaining for cut backs and canceling military weapons.

In addition Kerry voted against removing Saddam's troops from KUWAIT in 1991! Even HOWARD DEAN said this was one of Kerry's weakness's! So there you go, Zel Miller and left of left Howard Dean agreeing!

Its also funny how Kerry's position on the war continues to change. He was for it, then against it, then for, then against it. Then he comes out and says he was for the war despite the criticism of the left about not finding WMD. Now this past week he is against again saying all the money spent should been spent domestically in the United States and that it was the "Wrong War". What will Kerry's postion be again on the war next week I do not know.

I know the latest Gallup poll has Bush leading Kerry 52% to 45%. while at ABC its 52% to 43%.

Well, Sting, we're not voting for the same man in November. But I really don't give a damn about the polls right now. This whole partisan percentages stuff makes them messy.

verte76 said:
Well, Sting, we're not voting for the same man in November. But I really don't give a damn about the polls right now. This whole partisan percentages stuff makes them messy.

Hey, Kerry has the lead again at "electoral-vote.com":wink: thanks to the Zogby polls.

I'm not saying its over at all! But a lot of people liked what those at the Republican convention had to say. Also, if you were to compare the two conventions, clearly, the Republican convention was more successful and more convincing to people.

STING2 said:

I'm not saying its over at all! But a lot of people liked what those at the Republican convention had to say

And that is really scary.

Egads, Zogby's polls are so unpredictable! He put out a rather dire report, from the point of view of a Kerry supporter, right after the RNC. Yes, the RNC resonated with alot of people, but there are still a fair number of undecided voters out there, so I'm not worried about the polls. And if we don't make it, hey, I didn't sit on my ass. I refuse to let politics depress me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom