where do you want to be buried?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zoomerang II

War Child
This may sound like a strange question at first...

But I have been travelling for 5 years all over the place and I was talking to my flatmate a few weeks ao and saying I didn't really know where I wanted to end up (location wise) in life...and he said...well where do you want to be buried? In fairness he is irish and has an girlfiend who lives overseas, and it plays on his mind. Just curious.

Not a bad way of working out where you want to end up in life I suppose.

Actually I just want to be laid on my bed...I mean laid as in left there, not as in have sex...
smile.gif

I would like to be cremated and have my ashes spread out over the field in Dome Of The Americas (formerly, Transworld Dome) during a game in which the St Louis Rams are soundly defeating the San Francisco 49ers. They could hold my funeral at half time, and donate the game ball to my family!

If I died right now, my hometown.

However, who knows where I may move once I am married? Perhaps I will become so settled there that I will want to be buried there.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

just as long as it is somewhere peaceful I'll be alright

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

I want to be taken out a few hundred yards into the Gulf of Mexico off the coast of Walton County, Florida, and thrown overboard. Not cremated, just thrown over in whole. Yes, I may wash ashore at a later date, but I really enjoy those coastal waters and that is where I wish to rest.

~U2Alabama

Originally posted by U2Bama:
I want to be taken out a few hundred yards into the Gulf of Mexico off the coast of Walton County, Florida, and thrown overboard. Not cremated, just thrown over in whole. Yes, I may wash ashore at a later date, but I really enjoy those coastal waters and that is where I wish to rest.

~U2Alabama

This is absolutely the weirdest thing I have ever seen posted here.

In a pet cemetary.
frown.gif

Actually I'd prefer never to be buried at all...We MacPhistos are Immortal, dont you know???
cool.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

I want to be cremated and my ashes fall from a shooting rocket into the Pacific Ocean... and hopefully, no memorial or living trace left to my existence...

--- and yes... i'm feeling very morbid these days > : )

------------------
"Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on." - Stairway to Heaven, Zoso: Led Zeppelin

[This message has been edited by theSoulfulMofo (edited 11-18-2001).]

With any luck I'll be dead once they decide what to do with my remains, so I really don't care. I guess it comes from having spent the last few years in a country completely obsessed with death.

I also don't care what kind of music they play at the service, or if they just throw me on a dung heap.

Bet I'm the only one here who feels that way.
smile.gif

My 19th century family cemetary. I've wanted to be buried there since I was eight, and it still attracts me.

Either that, or I want to be buried on top of a hill with a gigantic weeping willow. Then I want a creepy neo-classical marble angel statue next to my grave site. I am a sucker for composition and drama.

I am quite old-fashioned at heart, really, and could never imagine being cremated. I'm only thinking from my own standpoint here, but if someone I had loved died, I'd at least want to be able to visit their grave. So, likewise, I would do the same for those who might care if I die someday.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

what an interesting question. i don't have an answer, which i think explains a lot of things in my life right now.

Back
Top Bottom