Where did N korea get it's nukes from????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am suspicious of our relations with nations such as Pakistan and Saudi Arabia. My Senator, Richard Shelby (R-Alabama) agrees with me.

~U2Alabama

FizzingWhizzbees,

When I said "fluff", I was not reffering to the article that Rono linked to.

"That aside, I'm amused at how many times people dismiss articles as "biased" or "fluff" or "speculation" simply because they don't like what they're saying. It seems that rather than debating the issues, it's simpler to diss those who disagree with you. Nice"

Lets see, I was just described as having my "back to the wall" (really?), told that I was acting like I was the president of the USA, and told that I was unresponsive to this so called "evidence".

The Anti-War movement had multiple articles and rally's about how millions of Iraqi's were going to die in the war as a result of US bombing. I knew that was fluff then and the results of the war support that.

Often, some unrelated facts are put together to insinuate or suggest something much greater than what actually may be the case. The next conspiracy is never far off. Nothing sells Newspapers, magazines and other forms of media better than a conspiracy, whether its fluff or not.

Actually it wasn't the anti-war movement who made the claims about how many Iraqis would be affected: it was the United Nations. Certainly the anti-war movement publicised this report, but it wasn't written by an anti-war activist.

Nobody ever claimed "millions" of Iraqis would die. However the fact that 8000 innocent people were killed and thousands more injured suggests to me that the war wasn't won without causing immense suffering to innocent Iraqis.

FizzingWhizzbees said:

Nobody ever claimed "millions" of Iraqis would die. However the fact that 8000 innocent people were killed and thousands more injured suggests to me that the war wasn't won without causing immense suffering to innocent Iraqis.

I am pretty sure I have seen you quote those figures Fizz in our debates before the war. Again, by the end of the year, when all is said and done, more Iraqi's will be alive due to the war, than due to the Food for Oil program. That is a fact.

I am not trivializing the suffering of the innocent and I am saddened by the loss of life. But can't you admit that the US has taken steps during the war and after, to make sure there was no where near the suffering that was anticipated. I have read reports that the actual bombing campain was so on target, that there is not near the amount of construction repairs that was estimated as well.

That's my point: I QUOTED the figures, I didn't write them. The UN gave those figures and people in the anti-war movement talked about them. It wasn't anti-war propaganda etc, it was a report of the United Nations.

Excellent, but, can't there be some acknowledgment of the fact that there will be more Iraqi's alive by the end of this year because of the actions by the United States? There is no debating this. The numbers do not lie.

I guess what I am failing to understand, is why there cannot be a concillation, that yes, maybe there are some positives from which both sides of this debate can agree on and be thankful for.

:huh:

Back
Top Bottom