When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-18-2003, 10:18 PM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,881
Local Time: 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by whenhiphopdrovethebigcars


Sorry, I didnīt mean to.
Peace Hip hop.
__________________

__________________
Dreadsox is offline  
Old 03-18-2003, 10:23 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
hiphop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the jungle
Posts: 7,410
Local Time: 03:34 PM
Fine, Peace, Dreadsox.
__________________

__________________
hiphop is offline  
Old 03-19-2003, 06:33 AM   #18
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,881
Local Time: 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox


"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."

Maybe this applies more to Tony Blair today than Bush!
__________________
Dreadsox is offline  
Old 03-19-2003, 07:55 AM   #19
Jesus Online
 
Angela Harlem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: a glass castle
Posts: 30,163
Local Time: 12:34 AM
Guys!

Argh!



*runs around in circles and collapses after banging into the wall*
__________________
<a href=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/angelaharlem/thPaul_Roos28.jpg target=_blank>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...aul_Roos28.jpg</a>
Angela Harlem is offline  
Old 03-19-2003, 08:41 AM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,881
Local Time: 08:34 AM
Re: When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber

Quote:
Originally posted by what a bomb!
"If you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly, you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance for survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."

This makes me think of North Korea!!!!
__________________
Dreadsox is offline  
Old 03-19-2003, 11:38 AM   #21
Refugee
 
what a bomb!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Winchester, England
Posts: 1,101
Local Time: 01:34 PM
Re: Re: When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox



This makes me think of North Korea!!!!

That last line about "its better to perosh then live as slaves" I think is quite debatable!

U2Bama thanks for the support.
__________________
what a bomb! is offline  
Old 03-19-2003, 11:39 AM   #22
The Fly
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Russia
Posts: 210
Local Time: 04:34 PM
Re: Re: Re: When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox


Are you trying to say he is not? Has not? I think that from conservative to liberal, we all believe that he has/is/will do so to his own people!
Well, he did it a lot of times which did not prevent Mr.Rumsfeld from meeting him in Bagdad and shaking his hand in 1980s during Reagan's administration. Mr.Rumsfeld was perfectly aware of whose hand (with blood of innocent people on it) he was shaking but that time US was supporting Iraq in the war against Iran. Didn't you see the TV footage of Mr.Rumsfeld shaking Saddam's hand?
I do have serious doubts that Saddam has been torturing his people during inspections. He does not look mad and he is not.
__________________
ALEXRUS is offline  
Old 03-19-2003, 11:52 AM   #23
The Fly
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Russia
Posts: 210
Local Time: 04:34 PM
Besides, I think would be more appropriate for the US to let the inspections go on. Nobody has ever given convincing facts that it is indispensable to start the war right now. We all supported 1441 resolution UNANIMOUSLY and if there were violations of the resolution we would support use of force. But US does not care about others' opinion. Now Iran, Pakistan and North Korea are doing their best to produce as much nuclear weapons as it is possible. They see that without it they may perfectly share the fate of Iraq. Will it make our world safer? I hope u know what you're doing, guys.
__________________
ALEXRUS is offline  
Old 03-19-2003, 12:12 PM   #24
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,881
Local Time: 08:34 AM
Re: Re: Re: Re: When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber

Quote:
Originally posted by ALEXRUS


Well, he did it a lot of times which did not prevent Mr.Rumsfeld from meeting him in Bagdad and shaking his hand in 1980s during Reagan's administration. Mr.Rumsfeld was perfectly aware of whose hand (with blood of innocent people on it) he was shaking but that time US was supporting Iraq in the war against Iran. Didn't you see the TV footage of Mr.Rumsfeld shaking Saddam's hand?
I do have serious doubts that Saddam has been torturing his people during inspections. He does not look mad and he is not.
Yes...I think I have written about Mr. Rumsfeld shaking his hand in the 1980's. It has something to do with the Cold War, Oil, and Iran if I remember right. Something to do with making friends with him to prevent the Soviet Union from getting to cozy with him. Yes...that is it.

Oh yes...the Soviet Union was supplying Saddam too if I am not mistaken? Wouldn't that explain all of the equiptment that did not work in the first Gulf War?
__________________
Dreadsox is offline  
Old 03-19-2003, 12:14 PM   #25
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,881
Local Time: 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ALEXRUS
Besides, I think would be more appropriate for the US to let the inspections go on. Nobody has ever given convincing facts that it is indispensable to start the war right now. We all supported 1441 resolution UNANIMOUSLY and if there were violations of the resolution we would support use of force. But US does not care about others' opinion. Now Iran, Pakistan and North Korea are doing their best to produce as much nuclear weapons as it is possible. They see that without it they may perfectly share the fate of Iraq. Will it make our world safer? I hope u know what you're doing, guys.
Yes it is much more appropriate to continue sanctions and let more people die on a yearly basis than died in the first Gulf War.

There are violations of 1441. Let's start with the documents that were presented that do not address the issue. Saddam has cooperated JUST enough. Time to move on tired of JUST enough.
__________________
Dreadsox is offline  
Old 03-19-2003, 03:46 PM   #26
The Fly
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Russia
Posts: 210
Local Time: 04:34 PM
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox

Oh yes...the Soviet Union was supplying Saddam too if I am not mistaken? Wouldn't that explain all of the equiptment that did not work in the first Gulf War?
Absolutely. Soviet Union did supply him with military equipment. But long before Mr.Rumsfeld visited him. Supplies stopped immediately when Saddam started torturing and fusilating communists. Rumsfeld's visit had nothing to do with the Cold War. It had to do with US's concern about Iran. Your memory fails Dreadsox. Soviet equipment supplied became more than obsolete by 1990.
Soviet Union, by the way, voted in favour of the Gulf War. That war was legal.
Besides, USSR had official ideology - communism. Russia now does not have official ideology whatsoever. But what happened to US and Mr.Rumsfeld. Nothing. What was expedient that time is not expedient now. That's it.
__________________
ALEXRUS is offline  
Old 03-19-2003, 03:48 PM   #27
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,881
Local Time: 08:34 AM
Please...detail exactly what Mr. Rumsfeld supplied the Iraqi's.

BTW my memory is pretty good and Russia was in bed with Saddam too. Thank you! As they are NOW!!!

Thank you!
__________________
Dreadsox is offline  
Old 03-19-2003, 03:52 PM   #28
The Fly
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Russia
Posts: 210
Local Time: 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox

There are violations of 1441. Let's start with the documents that were presented that do not address the issue. Saddam has cooperated JUST enough. Time to move on tired of JUST enough.
That is what you and SOME people in US administartion think. Overwhelming majority of the world community thinks otherwise.
But it does not matter. According to 1441 resolution (supported by US by the way) only inspectors can provide information on what's going on Iraq in terms of disarmament and ONLY UN Security Council IS ENTITLED to make conclusions on the basis of their information whether Iraq cooperates or not.
__________________
ALEXRUS is offline  
Old 03-19-2003, 03:54 PM   #29
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,881
Local Time: 08:34 AM
If you want to debate the UN Resolutions there is a thread here for that.

"The Americans will always do the right thing... after they've exhausted all the alternatives."


The alternatives were the security council!
__________________
Dreadsox is offline  
Old 03-19-2003, 04:17 PM   #30
The Fly
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Russia
Posts: 210
Local Time: 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox

The alternatives were the security council!
There's nothing to debate.
UNSC is not an alternative. It is the only way to proceed. Has been. Until recently. I do regret that this administration opted for Lynch law in international relations. What a bad example set. Nevertheless I hope US will remain the strongest power. I definitely prefer the worst US administration to any "good" Islamic extremist/terrorist.
__________________

__________________
ALEXRUS is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright ÂĐ Interference.com