When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-18-2003, 10:18 PM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by whenhiphopdrovethebigcars

Sorry, I didnīt mean to.
Peace Hip hop.

Old 03-18-2003, 10:23 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:34 PM
Fine, Peace, Dreadsox.

Old 03-19-2003, 06:33 AM   #18
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."

Maybe this applies more to Tony Blair today than Bush!
Old 03-19-2003, 07:55 AM   #19
Jesus Online

Local Time: 12:34 AM
Guys!

Argh!

*runs around in circles and collapses after banging into the wall*
Old 03-19-2003, 08:41 AM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

Re: When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber

Quote:
Originally posted by what a bomb!
"If you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly, you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance for survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."

This makes me think of North Korea!!!!
Old 03-19-2003, 11:38 AM   #21
Refugee

Local Time: 01:34 PM
Re: Re: When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber

Quote:

This makes me think of North Korea!!!!

That last line about "its better to perosh then live as slaves" I think is quite debatable!

U2Bama thanks for the support.
Old 03-19-2003, 11:39 AM   #22
The Fly

Local Time: 04:34 PM
Re: Re: Re: When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber

Quote:

Are you trying to say he is not? Has not? I think that from conservative to liberal, we all believe that he has/is/will do so to his own people!
Well, he did it a lot of times which did not prevent Mr.Rumsfeld from meeting him in Bagdad and shaking his hand in 1980s during Reagan's administration. Mr.Rumsfeld was perfectly aware of whose hand (with blood of innocent people on it) he was shaking but that time US was supporting Iraq in the war against Iran. Didn't you see the TV footage of Mr.Rumsfeld shaking Saddam's hand?
I do have serious doubts that Saddam has been torturing his people during inspections. He does not look mad and he is not.
Old 03-19-2003, 11:52 AM   #23
The Fly

Besides, I think would be more appropriate for the US to let the inspections go on. Nobody has ever given convincing facts that it is indispensable to start the war right now. We all supported 1441 resolution UNANIMOUSLY and if there were violations of the resolution we would support use of force. But US does not care about others' opinion. Now Iran, Pakistan and North Korea are doing their best to produce as much nuclear weapons as it is possible. They see that without it they may perfectly share the fate of Iraq. Will it make our world safer? I hope u know what you're doing, guys.
Old 03-19-2003, 12:12 PM   #24
ONE
love, blood, life

Re: Re: Re: Re: When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber

Quote:
Originally posted by ALEXRUS

Well, he did it a lot of times which did not prevent Mr.Rumsfeld from meeting him in Bagdad and shaking his hand in 1980s during Reagan's administration. Mr.Rumsfeld was perfectly aware of whose hand (with blood of innocent people on it) he was shaking but that time US was supporting Iraq in the war against Iran. Didn't you see the TV footage of Mr.Rumsfeld shaking Saddam's hand?
I do have serious doubts that Saddam has been torturing his people during inspections. He does not look mad and he is not.
Yes...I think I have written about Mr. Rumsfeld shaking his hand in the 1980's. It has something to do with the Cold War, Oil, and Iran if I remember right. Something to do with making friends with him to prevent the Soviet Union from getting to cozy with him. Yes...that is it.

Oh yes...the Soviet Union was supplying Saddam too if I am not mistaken? Wouldn't that explain all of the equiptment that did not work in the first Gulf War?
Old 03-19-2003, 12:14 PM   #25
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by ALEXRUS
Besides, I think would be more appropriate for the US to let the inspections go on. Nobody has ever given convincing facts that it is indispensable to start the war right now. We all supported 1441 resolution UNANIMOUSLY and if there were violations of the resolution we would support use of force. But US does not care about others' opinion. Now Iran, Pakistan and North Korea are doing their best to produce as much nuclear weapons as it is possible. They see that without it they may perfectly share the fate of Iraq. Will it make our world safer? I hope u know what you're doing, guys.
Yes it is much more appropriate to continue sanctions and let more people die on a yearly basis than died in the first Gulf War.

There are violations of 1441. Let's start with the documents that were presented that do not address the issue. Saddam has cooperated JUST enough. Time to move on tired of JUST enough.
Old 03-19-2003, 03:46 PM   #26
The Fly

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber

Quote:

Oh yes...the Soviet Union was supplying Saddam too if I am not mistaken? Wouldn't that explain all of the equiptment that did not work in the first Gulf War?
Absolutely. Soviet Union did supply him with military equipment. But long before Mr.Rumsfeld visited him. Supplies stopped immediately when Saddam started torturing and fusilating communists. Rumsfeld's visit had nothing to do with the Cold War. It had to do with US's concern about Iran. Your memory fails Dreadsox. Soviet equipment supplied became more than obsolete by 1990.
Soviet Union, by the way, voted in favour of the Gulf War. That war was legal.
Besides, USSR had official ideology - communism. Russia now does not have official ideology whatsoever. But what happened to US and Mr.Rumsfeld. Nothing. What was expedient that time is not expedient now. That's it.
Old 03-19-2003, 03:48 PM   #27
ONE
love, blood, life

Please...detail exactly what Mr. Rumsfeld supplied the Iraqi's.

BTW my memory is pretty good and Russia was in bed with Saddam too. Thank you! As they are NOW!!!

Thank you!
Old 03-19-2003, 03:52 PM   #28
The Fly

Quote:

There are violations of 1441. Let's start with the documents that were presented that do not address the issue. Saddam has cooperated JUST enough. Time to move on tired of JUST enough.
That is what you and SOME people in US administartion think. Overwhelming majority of the world community thinks otherwise.
But it does not matter. According to 1441 resolution (supported by US by the way) only inspectors can provide information on what's going on Iraq in terms of disarmament and ONLY UN Security Council IS ENTITLED to make conclusions on the basis of their information whether Iraq cooperates or not.
Old 03-19-2003, 03:54 PM   #29
ONE
love, blood, life

If you want to debate the UN Resolutions there is a thread here for that.

"The Americans will always do the right thing... after they've exhausted all the alternatives."

The alternatives were the security council!
Old 03-19-2003, 04:17 PM   #30
The Fly

Quote:

The alternatives were the security council!
There's nothing to debate.
UNSC is not an alternative. It is the only way to proceed. Has been. Until recently. I do regret that this administration opted for Lynch law in international relations. What a bad example set. Nevertheless I hope US will remain the strongest power. I definitely prefer the worst US administration to any "good" Islamic extremist/terrorist.